stg 4 3.17%
stg 4 3.17%
stg 2 1.59%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Old Posted May 23, 2008, 6:51 AM

i dunno, what could be better?

Old Posted May 23, 2008, 11:03 PM
All aboard the Failboat

I hate my computer, I just lost my web browser history for some reason when This peice of junk decided to freeze and crash. How do computers do it? FTW?!

Old Posted May 24, 2008, 6:54 PM
cookies, skittles & milk

Computers are all in our heads. They were made up by The Man. Let it all run free dude.

Fuck no I love computers.

Old Posted May 26, 2008, 7:34 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Austin. Never do anything but weed. Seriously. Specially schrooms. I mean, it's nice and all I don't want you to think they suck but when you do them just take them somewhere where you'll feel happy. cause if you start seeing **** like dead people then you're gonna freak like omg! and think you're gonna die and freak out more and call everyone for help and yeah. just be a good kid in highschool.

Old Posted May 26, 2008, 9:35 AM
Desert Dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks0o01 View Post
Austin. Never do anything but weed. Seriously. Specially schrooms. I mean, it's nice and all I don't want you to think they suck but when you do them just take them somewhere where you'll feel happy. cause if you start seeing **** like dead people then you're gonna freak like omg! and think you're gonna die and freak out more and call everyone for help and yeah. just be a good kid in highschool.
Aahah I promised I'd do weed this summer, see what its like hm already know who can get me some.

Old Posted May 26, 2008, 7:17 PM
cookies, skittles & milk

Omg. Yes. Please stick to weed. I don't know why ppl don't call it marijuana anymore. i like that name more. But, with shrooms everything is awesome! with the right people. But if you're with like so dumbass teenagers who are very judgmental then you won't WON'T have fun.

Weed is just like laughing gas. You want to laugh. But with shrooms everything is spinning and the space needle looks like it's gonna fall on you and the EMP looks even weirder than it already is. The roller coasters start to derail and the monorail is going at sonic speed. it's fun. but laying down and looking at everything. not moving around. Like an hour to hour 1/2 after you eat them you will feel like shit. and peoples faces will melt off, or there will chunks of peoples faces falling off and you feel like you're gonna die.

Admitting to your mom you do drugs, getting in a fight with a good friend and a best friend, watching my feet shrink and expand. All worth it.

Old Posted May 26, 2008, 8:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Aahah I promised I'd do weed this summer, see what its like hm already know who can get me some.
Don't! Staunton doesn't deserve the risk!

Old Posted May 26, 2008, 9:45 PM
World Machine

Well guys I'm happy to say that I, in part with my (unofficial) Executive VP and Director of Commercial Properties have met today to go over an office building design. The design was generated by me in addition to an old friend from high school who is studying to be an architect.

Now this may not sound like a big deal, but it's a small step in which I hope becomes a large outcome a few years down the road. I don't plan on this building to be my first project, but more so a take off of a much larger project that'll be in the same proximity as this office building.

While I don't want to give too much away on the building itself, I will tell you that it'll be in and around the 700'-750' range. I purposely want this particular tower to be this height in order to compliment what will be across the street (an ambition that will consist of the nation's tallest building).

There are both pros and cons to the project, but after forecasting the commercial demand in the timeframe that we would want to see this tower rise, we expect that companies will eat it up for top dollar.

The major con is that the location of this tower will be in an area that, we all agreed, will be difficult to obtain air-rights. We're already developing arguments against possible objection scenarios. We have to be prepared for the worst, bottom line.

I don't want to stir up anything, because this is nowhere near getting the green light from anyone, but it's a small event that I thought you guy's would be interested in hearing about.

Old Posted May 26, 2008, 9:53 PM
All aboard the Failboat

Sweet, I hope the project works out and may the process be NIMBY free

Old Posted May 26, 2008, 10:02 PM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrightguy0 View Post
Sweet, I hope the project works out and may the process be NIMBY free
Thank you Wrightguy. As far as the NIMBY's go, that'll unfortunately be something I won't be able to avoid.

Old Posted May 26, 2008, 10:39 PM
All aboard the Failboat

What can you do, people like to make idiots of themselves for the most assinine reasons.

Old Posted May 26, 2008, 11:09 PM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrightguy0 View Post
What can you do, people like to make idiots of themselves for the most assinine reasons.
Yeah, it's just one of those things you have to swallow with a lump of salt. You may hate them, but you can't ignore that fact that they're there and will put up a good fight. The key is to not let them win.

Old Posted May 27, 2008, 1:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks0o01 View Post
Haha,yes,my (future) highschool is #4 in the state for drug related problems

Old Posted May 27, 2008, 2:20 AM
Registered Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac150 View Post
Well guys I'm happy to say that I, in part with my (unofficial) Executive VP and Director of Commercial Properties have met today to go over an office building design. The design was generated by me in addition to an old friend from high school who is studying to be an architect.

Now this may not sound like a big deal, but it's a small step in which I hope becomes a large outcome a few years down the road. I don't plan on this building to be my first project, but more so a take off of a much larger project that'll be in the same proximity as this office building.

While I don't want to give too much away on the building itself, I will tell you that it'll be in and around the 700'-750' range. I purposely want this particular tower to be this height in order to compliment what will be across the street (an ambition that will consist of the nation's tallest building).

There are both pros and cons to the project, but after forecasting the commercial demand in the timeframe that we would want to see this tower rise, we expect that companies will eat it up for top dollar.

The major con is that the location of this tower will be in an area that, we all agreed, will be difficult to obtain air-rights. We're already developing arguments against possible objection scenarios. We have to be prepared for the worst, bottom line.

I don't want to stir up anything, because this is nowhere near getting the green light from anyone, but it's a small event that I thought you guy's would be interested in hearing about.
good to hear Dac. so, does this have anything involving the start of your Cassidy project by any chance? That was a really cool design.

Old Posted May 27, 2008, 2:44 AM
Desert Dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin55 View Post
Haha,yes,my (future) highschool is #4 in the state for drug related problems
How did you find that out?

Old Posted May 27, 2008, 2:47 AM

Someone told me,It was from an 01 census though,I thry might be lying.

Old Posted May 27, 2008, 3:15 AM

I'm glad to hear this Dac, it's very inspiring. I'm sure now you have the vision this industry takes. I needed the boost.

Quote:
The key is to not let them win.
Exactly, to slow their destructiveness while we build the world!

Old Posted May 27, 2008, 11:03 AM
All aboard the Failboat

Well Simtropolis is down again after being attacked by a malicious code on th weekend. the Admins were hard at work trying to rebuild the forums and all the information that was lost and now after a day of being up, the site has once again gone down and after the attack on the weekend I feel that until we know for sure, it's safe to say that this was another atack. the hit onece and then kick 'em as they try to get back up strategy.

Old Posted May 27, 2008, 5:42 PM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
good to hear Dac. so, does this have anything involving the start of your Cassidy project by any chance? That was a really cool design.
Thank you Peter, I appreciate it.

It does to a degree. 'Cassidy Plaza' will be in the close proximity, which I plan to build first if all goes well. This particular office building, in addition to four others, will be take-offs to develop a district around the main complex. My plan is to have them all connected by a vast underground concourse.

The design for that has changed, but the general idea is still there.

Old Posted May 27, 2008, 5:44 PM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by verticalextropy View Post
I'm glad to hear this Dac, it's very inspiring. I'm sure now you have the vision this industry takes. I needed the boost.
Thank you vertical, I appreciate that. Glad I inspired you.

I sure hope I have a big enough vision. I'm thinking as big as I can.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup