HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 2, 2019, 5:31 AM

I'm all for the improved density and city feel in that area. River North needs it badly to really feel like a natural continuation of Mag Mile/Loop

Old Posted Mar 2, 2019, 7:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoboZill4 View Post
I'm all for the improved density and city feel in that area. River North needs it badly to really feel like a natural continuation of Mag Mile/Loop
absolutly...always feels like there is a disconnect...hope OCS will kick start that blending process... we can could use taller glassier towers in rivernorth similar to what south loop as got.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2019, 4:02 PM

Renelle:

Old Posted Mar 4, 2019, 4:38 PM

fine, but should be at least twice that tall at that spot. At least it fills a street gap

Old Posted Mar 4, 2019, 7:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maru2501 View Post
fine, but should be at least twice that tall at that spot. At least it fills a street gap
The remainder of the gap will be filled by whatever is built in place of the parking garage there on Wabash. Really just a matter of time

Old Posted Mar 5, 2019, 2:18 AM

From West Loop Community Organization FB page:

COMMUNITY MEETING ON MARCH 12 FOR THE PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT AT 800 WEST FULTON MARKET

Alderman Walter Burnett, Jr. (27th Ward)
and the West Loop Community Organization (WLCO)
are hosting a Community Meeting for

a 19-story commercial building located at 800 West Fulton Market.
The developer will present its plans and answer any
questions you may have about the project.

TUESDAY, MARCH 12, 2019
AT 6:00 PM
CATALYST RANCH
656 W RANDOLPH ST #3W
CHICAGO, IL 60661

Old Posted Mar 5, 2019, 7:42 PM

GMP documents out for Lakeshore East Parcel J (47 story) and K/L (37 story) buildings. Lend Lease schedule calling for both to start this summer.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2019, 8:41 PM
Adoptive Chicagoan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet48 View Post
The two new buildings in that area of river north are almost the same size and in a very similar glass box style, but it will be nice to see the parking lots go!
No doubt!

Once those are done, between Chicago, the River, LaSalle and Franklin there will only be a limited number of small parking lots left, less than a quarter-block each, half of them tiny accessory lots for Binny's, the Chase across the street from there, Al's Beef, the BP station at Chicago/Wells, and the former Carson's (not so tiny). Then the NE corner of Franklin/Hubbard which may not even be buildable, on the north side of Illinois midway between LaSalle/Wells also possibly too small to build on economically, on the south side of Ontario midway between LaSalle/Wells, a tiny lot in the west side of Wells midway between Ohio/Ontario, the south side of Chicago Ave in the middle of the block between Wells/Lasalle, and the largest, the NE corner of Franklin/Ohio.

Most of those are barely noticable - really only the ones on the corners stick out, the rest kind of blend in with alleys or loading docks. Really, after these two, only the former Carson's location and the NE corner of Ohio/Franklin will feel like they need to be replaced in the blocks defined by the River, Chicago Ave, LaSalle, and Franklin.

Too bad the two blocks east of there, between LaSalle and Dearborn, are a tourist mess with McDonalds, BP on Ontario, the Catholic Charities parking lot next to the BP, the Walgreens, the NW corner of Superior/Clark, NW corner of Huron/Dearborn, accessory lots for the main Catholic Charities building and Asbury Plaza and Hard Rock Cafe and the Best Western at Ohio/Clark and for the BofA location at Grand/LaSalle, the weird collection of small lots/plots near the NE corner of LaSalle and Grand,

At least with OCS, east of Dearborn will be virtually completely built out to St Clair with just the small lot at the SW corner of State/Huron, the tiny ones behind the Dana and midblock across Erie from there a couple tiny lots midblock on Grand and one on Illinois between State and Dearborn. Except, of course, the whole block at Illinois and Wabash.

West of Franklin, and also north of Chicago Ave, and east of St. Clair, still have plenty of work cut out for them, even with good progress recently.
[/SIZE]

Old Posted Mar 5, 2019, 9:00 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sox102 View Post
GMP documents out for Lakeshore East Parcel J (47 story) and K/L (37 story) buildings. Lend Lease schedule calling for both to start this summer.
Thanks for the intel.. Which parcel is the 900 footer? And was it always phase two, assuming the 47 and 37 are phase #1?

Old Posted Mar 5, 2019, 9:03 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 View Post
Thanks for the intel.. Which parcel is the 900 footer? And was it always phase two, assuming the 47 and 37 are phase #1?
the 950 footer is "site I" and it was always planned as a phase 2 from the beginning.

very cool to hear that J and K/L will be starting up this summer, thanks for the insider info sox102!

Old Posted Mar 5, 2019, 9:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
the 950 footer is "site I" and it was always planned as a phase 2 from the beginning.

very cool to hear that J and K/L will be starting up this summer, thanks for the insider info sox102!
Awesome news! Lot of work continuing and starting to shape up for the summer:

OCS
WPE (topping out?)
110 N Wacker
J and K/L
Equinox Hotel Tower

Will we see 1000M get under way as well?

Old Posted Mar 6, 2019, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sox102 View Post
Whatever happened to Parcel O? I thought that one was supposed to get started before the rest.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2019, 4:00 PM
SUSPENDED

I have a request for you guys. This is a photo of mine from 1-19-08. 11 years ago now. It was taken from the roof of the Target parking garage at Western and Elston. My 5 year old keeps me from making hops into the city whenever I like. Any volunteers to go retake this shot? I'd love to see the current view.

1-19-2008

Old Posted Mar 6, 2019, 4:07 PM
SUSPENDED

And here's the last of that angle I ever took.

7-3-2009

Old Posted Mar 6, 2019, 4:25 PM

Sick panos. Thanks for sharing those

Old Posted Mar 6, 2019, 4:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron38 View Post
I have a request for you guys. This is a photo of mine from 1-19-08. 11 years ago now. It was taken from the roof of the Target parking garage at Western and Elston. My 5 year old keeps me from making hops into the city whenever I like. Any volunteers to go retake this shot? I'd love to see the current view.

1-19-2008
Drag the kid with - they always liven up the shots. My ex never minded when I took the kids off of her hands for an afternoon. Now I have them drive ;-)

about 11yrs ago

IMG_4385 by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Old Posted Mar 6, 2019, 4:48 PM
SUSPENDED

Maybe I can make an adventure out of it, once we get a nice day.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2019, 5:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpacaObsessor View Post
Whatever happened to Parcel O? I thought that one was supposed to get started before the rest.
Good question. . . I assume this one is being developed separately as there are two hotel components in addition to the apartments, but wouldn't be surprised if J + K/L happen in tandem with O. . . assuming J + K/L are being built as rental apartments, site I is being saved for luxury condominiums after the Vista cycle wraps up. . . just my two cents. . .

. . .

Old Posted Mar 6, 2019, 7:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom In Chicago View Post
Good question. . . I assume this one is being developed separately as there are two hotel components in addition to the apartments, but wouldn't be surprised if J + K/L happen in tandem with O. . . assuming J + K/L are being built as rental apartments, site I is being saved for luxury condominiums after the Vista cycle wraps up. . . just my two cents. . .

. . .
This is definitely what my understanding/estimation of the timeline for the remainder of LSE. Add in the former Manderin Oriental site and that entire area from Michigan avenue to the lake is going to be completed/built out more or less. Crazy stuff

Old Posted Mar 7, 2019, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron38 View Post
Maybe I can make an adventure out of it, once we get a nice day.
I could show what that view could possibly look like in the future using my 3d model, however from that angle the Lincoln Yards pretty much blocks the middle third of the view.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations