HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 1, 2020, 12:33 AM

Canadian Whisky: Canada's spirit

Hello all,
I recently came across a neat blog (www.heatseekerwhisky.blogspot.com) as I was shopping for my latest quarantipple. I realised as an extension of the 'What are you drinking today's thread, it may be nice to share some thoughts on Canadian whiskies or even other spirits. Quite a few distilleries are working to produce sanitiser but it's always good to taste what is the original and most important spirit we make here.

In order to spite Ontario's evil overlords the LCBO (if you're in a province with regular private bottle shops, you don't know how good you have it), I've been ordering direct from the distilleries. I picked up a few from the JP Wiser website, which is an innovation I hope will last post-Covid.

I'll go first, with my evening dram:

Lot 40
Distilled in Windsor, Ontario at Hiram Walker Distillery

Really nice at under $50, fairly complex and not just a dry rye spice, though that can be good sometimes. A fantastic gateway rye whisky, I'd say, with a balance of sweet, hot, and fruity/floral flavours. Really great stuff!

Anyone else with a good rye recommendation? Would be neat to see some of the bottles you can buy in Alberta and BC that the rest of us are deprived of l.

Cheers/Santé!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada