HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 17, 2007, 11:06 PM
Rrrraaaahhhhh!!!!!

D1 is now 284m instead of 350m so one less

Old Posted Nov 18, 2007, 1:43 AM
Rrrraaaahhhhh!!!!!

From today:

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DUBAI GUYS

Hard Rock to deliver luxury hospitality option to 'inspire' the city of imagination
Hard Rock International, in partnership with Tasameem Group, announces the development of Hard Rock Hotel Dubai - an international five-star hotel property within the Dubai Trade Centre District and Dubai Exhibition City, an area poised to become the 'Financial Centre' of Dubai.
United Arab Emirates: Thursday, November 15 - 2007 at 15:52 PRESS RELEASE

With the opening of Hard Rock Hotel Dubai, situated among one of Dubai's most ambitious and strategically important commercial projects, Hard Rock continues a commitment to expand and diversify its global portfolio.

Hard Rock Hotel Dubai will be located in the most central parts of the Dubai World Trade Center and Dubai Exhibition Center along Sheikh Zayed Road, home to Dubai's magnificent skyscrapers, including the Emirates Towers and the tallest building in the world, the Burj Dubai. Hard Rock Hotel Dubai will be among the most coveted luxury hotel options in an area primed to rival the business centers of Singapore, New York and London.

'We are thrilled to be entering a world-class hotel with Tasameem Group,' says Trevor Horwell, Vice President, Hard Rock Hotels.

'We place fundamental importance in aligning ourselves with such highly reputable partners. With Tasameem's credentials and leadership we look forward to a successful project in the execution of the Groups' vision.'

Hard Rock Hotel Dubai will be part of a multimillion dollar project and will be designed to match the world's highest standards of architecture and environmental sustainability. The entire center will encompass 350 hotel rooms and suites, 100 serviced apartments, commercial offices and retail stores all within the 91 story skyscraper.

Hard Rock Hotel Dubai guest rooms will be furnished to meet international five-star deluxe standards, incorporating Hard Rock's tradition of providing luxury, quality service and amenities with a unique rock 'n' roll edge. The hotel will contain destination dining venues, all-day restaurants and high-energy bar locations, offering both locals and hotel guests a place to see and be seen. The hotel will offer approximately 32,000 square feet of dedicated meeting and banquet space, as well as spa facilities featuring an extensive menu of spa treatments. The pool, a quintessential Hard Rock element, will be a focal arena for both music and relaxation and a social gathering place for high net worth individuals and glamour seekers alike.

"The Seminole Tribe of Florida, the parent company to Hard Rock International, takes great pride in announcing our partnership to develop the first Hard Rock Hotel in the UAE,' notes Mitchell Cypress, Chairman of Seminole Tribe of Florida. 'Dubai has incredible upside as an international destination and we are excited to introduce our hotel product in this burgeoning city.'

The Hard Rock Hotel experience offers luxurious style and substance with a unique rock vibe designed to provide unforgettable experiences. Properties are ideally situated in destinations with unique character, tourist appeal and gateway cities. Hard Rock Hotels cater to the evolving and distinctive needs of today's experienced, modern travelers, who seek a reprieve from traditional, predictable properties, whether for business or leisure travel. For 10 years the Hard Rock Cafe Dubai has served visitors and locals at Interchange #5, Sheikh Zayed Rd. The cafe will remain in its current location.

R

This tower has now changed design and is about 200m:

Maritime City Signature Tower, ?m, ?F, Proposed

This one's probably neverbuilt so am removing it

Al Habtoor Tower, 100F, Very tall, Proposed (could be dead at this stage)

An interesting concept proposal (which may be serious)

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...=538195&page=2

Old Posted Nov 19, 2007, 9:03 PM

Is it the year 3000 in that part of the world?

Old Posted Nov 19, 2007, 10:45 PM
Endless Moments...

LOL, couldnt have said it better myself. Craziness...

Old Posted Nov 19, 2007, 11:10 PM
NEW YORK | CHICAGO

3000 BCE, yeah.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2007, 4:32 AM

Ironic how the UAE is insanely anti-drug yet it seems like every developer is blazed out of their mind.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 8:43 PM

Today: Burj Dubai

Tomorrow: X-Seed 4000 Dubai

Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 9:41 PM
Plenary pleasures.

Hmmm I don't really know what to think of the Dubai craziness anymore; it almost feels as though this over-saturation of super, super talls is really just killing the excitement that used to come with the design, presentation and construction of a highrise - now it's just so commonplace and you become so desensitized to it that sometimes I wish there would be a really unique 40-50 story proposal for consideration, just to kill the monotony of the 100+ story buildings - does that sound odd??

Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 9:46 PM
Chillin' in The Burgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecom View Post
Ironic how the UAE is insanely anti-drug yet it seems like every developer is blazed out of their mind.
Wow. Good observation! And I agree.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2007, 7:14 AM

I saw a news story that suggests Dubai could be in for a slowdown. Biggest reason - the currency is tied to the dollar, and everyone knows where the dollar is, relative to the Euro. Especially the laborers, who are not happy.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2007, 10:07 PM
William H. Griffin

Hello,

Does anyone know what the status is on the Burj Dubai? The webpage and Wikipedia stopped listing the status of the height and number of floors on October 24th. I wrote to the web address on the home page a week ago, but I only received an answer that they would get back with me.

Thanks,

Bill

Old Posted Dec 15, 2007, 2:18 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H. Griffin View Post
Hello,

Does anyone know what the status is on the Burj Dubai? The webpage and Wikipedia stopped listing the status of the height and number of floors on October 24th. I wrote to the web address on the home page a week ago, but I only received an answer that they would get back with me.

Thanks,

Bill
i was wondering the same thing

anyway back to topic

(Merry Cristmas )

Old Posted Dec 15, 2007, 2:20 AM
BANNED

i like all the buildings execpt the Al Burj

(soory)

[Merry Cristmas ]

Old Posted Dec 21, 2007, 8:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
Hmmm I don't really know what to think of the Dubai craziness anymore; it almost feels as though this over-saturation of super, super talls is really just killing the excitement that used to come with the design, presentation and construction of a highrise - now it's just so commonplace and you become so desensitized to it that sometimes I wish there would be a really unique 40-50 story proposal for consideration, just to kill the monotony of the 100+ story buildings - does that sound odd??
I can see the point your trying to get to; and quite frankly, I don't blame you.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2007, 8:15 PM

A Mecca for Futurists. Love it~
It going to be interesting to see what it looks like in a few years
Im keeping my eye on this one....

-Matthys P. Levy

Old Posted Dec 21, 2007, 9:25 PM

A mecca for futurists indeed, with an ironic twist of retro (i.e. 1950's car-oriented) city planning. Should make for an interesting place.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2007, 9:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxteth o'grady View Post
You mean there are Jews in the country?
Nope. It's Dubai, not the USA. There are people who know better than me about this subject and should correct me if I'm wrong, but my former boss, an associate in a high-profile architecture firm (who happens to be Jewish), had to be led from the airport into the city through some service passages since they technically aren't allowed to let Jews in. From these tidbits of info, it seems like they have some law that many people consider dumb and have stablished ways of getting around it, but law is law and has to be respected and obeyed.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2007, 11:03 PM
Rrrraaaahhhhh!!!!!

^^ I don't think it's that. If you have an Israel stamp you're not allowed in

Old Posted Dec 26, 2007, 2:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecom View Post
From these tidbits of info, it seems like they have some law that many people consider dumb and have stablished ways of getting around it, but law is law and has to be respected and obeyed.
Since it is an autocracy, if the autocrat in charge thinks the laws are dumb, he (this being a male-centric autocracy) can change it anytime he wants. I guess he doesn't want...yet.

Old Posted Dec 26, 2007, 2:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLksuGUY View Post

Holy crap do i see some small and medium sized buildings in Dubai??? I thought this was against the law or something.
They were grandfathered...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations