HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Dec 13, 2013, 7:53 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Smile NEW YORK | 280 Cadman Plaza West (One Clinton) | 409 FT | 36 FLOORS

Possible Library-Replacing Towers Revealed For BK Heights
Friday, December 13, 2013, by Jessica Dailey

Quote:
Since it's struggling to pay the bills, the Brooklyn Public Library unveiled a money-making plan to close older branches and sell off the buildings or redevelop the sites with more profitable enterprises—and now we know what one of those redeveloped sites could look like. In February, the library announced that one of the first branches to fall subject to redevelopment would be the Brooklyn Heights Library at 280 Cadman Plaza West. The 1962 building is in need of $9 million in repairs, and so the library is seeking a developer to raze the structure and erect a new one in its place. Several news outlets report that the library has narrowed its search down to seven possible developers, and the Daily News and Brownstoner published a few renderings of the 20- to 40-story residential tower that could replace the two-story library.

The Economic Development Corporation did not reveal the developers or architects with the renderings (though the Journal says Forest City Ratner is not one of them), but the plans range from completely residential to mixed-use, with heights varying from 285-feet to 585-feet. A new 20,000-square-foot library would be included in the base, no matter which plan is chosen. Two developers sweetened the pot with bigger libraries (30,000-square-feet), five included affordable housing, and another two made the library roof a public green space. Most have retail space, and the number of apartments range from 99 to 167. Renderings show a lot of glass and several feature libraries with big atriums. The winning proposal will be selected early next year.
Possibilities:
All photos/renders found in the article

Proposal A:

Proposal B:

Proposal C:

Proposal D:

Proposal E:

Proposal F:

Proposal G:

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

Last edited by Urbannizer; Sep 11, 2018 at 5:59 PM. Reason: edits

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive