HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:44 PM

the new Chic-Fil-A at airline and severn is training right now, should be open very soon

Zavier is not messing around, building going up quick

opp still has pile drivers and other machinery under the cranes but no visual progress yet

if you lose your bike, a good start would be on side the Poydras off ramp to Claiborne, 2 guys had about 60 bikes when I passed and they were in the process of stripping them

looks like they are starting sidewalk repairs in prep for the superbowl, few spots started on Poydras neat the dome, Lasalle st was completely ripped up

TVs installed, one step closer to opening another spot at Caesars, the canal st outdoor smoking section

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by York1 View Post
I no longer live in NO, and I haven't found any information online. Does anyone know the status of the old Kolb's Restaurant on St. Charles near Canal?

It's a great-looking building in a great location, and I'm surprised that as of several years ago, it was still vacant.

I'm too young to have ever gone there or at least to have remembered going there but looks like the address was 125 St Charles. So the building's address is 121-25. The latest thing I found is some violations from 2023. https://onestopapp.nola.gov/SummaryC...dent&id=292523. Can't find any building permits or anything but I'm not that familiar with that site

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAslimm View Post
the new Chic-Fil-A at airline and severn is training right now, should be open very soon

Zavier is not messing around, building going up quick

opp still has pile drivers and other machinery under the cranes but no visual progress yet

if you lose your bike, a good start would be on side the Poydras off ramp to Claiborne, 2 guys had about 60 bikes when I passed and they were in the process of stripping them

looks like they are starting sidewalk repairs in prep for the superbowl, few spots started on Poydras neat the dome, Lasalle st was completely ripped up

TVs installed, one step closer to opening another spot at Caesars, the canal st outdoor smoking section

I can actually hear them driving the pilings at OPP from my place. It's been going on for months now but very sporadically

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris from N.O. View Post
I can actually hear them driving the pilings at OPP from my place. It's been going on for months now but very sporadically
there is definitely work being done, the few times ive passed, the pile driver has been in different spots, just with the jail wall, we cant see anything yet. not trying to be on the inside for any reason lol

looked at 504 golf, it didnt look like much has been done in the last two weeks

Old Posted Today, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris from N.O. View Post
I'm too young to have ever gone there or at least to have remembered going there but looks like the address was 125 St Charles. So the building's address is 121-25. The latest thing I found is some violations from 2023. https://onestopapp.nola.gov/SummaryC...dent&id=292523. Can't find any building permits or anything but I'm not that familiar with that site
Thanks!

A long time ago when I was young, it was a very good German restaurant. While the outside of the building has a typical NO look, the inside was like a Munich beer hall/restaurant.

At that location, it seems like someone would want to fix it and use it for some business. Maybe the building's owner is not selling.

Old Posted Today, 2:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by York1 View Post
Thanks!

A long time ago when I was young, it was a very good German restaurant. While the outside of the building has a typical NO look, the inside was like a Munich beer hall/restaurant.

At that location, it seems like someone would want to fix it and use it for some business. Maybe the building's owner is not selling.
One of my fondest memories is being at a beer garden on the banks of the Danube in New Ulm in 1998 or so. Bratz y'all is the best thing that we have that I know of. But to not veer too off subject the building was sold in 2003 for 4 and 1/2 million and that's the last transaction that's showing on the assessor's website.

Old Posted Today, 2:34 AM

Any other pre- Super Bowl improvements going on throughout the city ?

Old Posted Today, 3:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDot View Post
Any other pre- Super Bowl improvements going on throughout the city ?
just a few small street/sidewalk repairs at the moment, it "should" ramp up soon, poydras/canal and the quarter is usually what gets done

Old Posted Today, 3:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAslimm View Post
just a few small street/sidewalk repairs at the moment, it "should" ramp up soon, poydras/canal and the quarter is usually what gets done
I hope that plant more trees and fill up the bigger potholes around town.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations