HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Mar 5, 2018, 2:42 PM

Farhi's building on the NE corner of York and Talbot is completely stripped. The signs came off the exterior of the building this weekend and the inside is gutted. It looks like it is getting demolished but who knows with Farhi. Hopefully its for a tower.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2018, 11:25 PM

Farhi doesn't build anything!
At best a fresh coat of paint and new carpet.

Unless he sold it to a developer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserLDN View Post
Farhi's building on the NE corner of York and Talbot is completely stripped. The signs came off the exterior of the building this weekend and the inside is gutted. It looks like it is getting demolished but who knows with Farhi. Hopefully its for a tower.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2018, 1:46 PM

Quote:
He doesn't own any of the parking around that building correct? So unless he sold the land I do not see logic in knocking these buildings down just for maybe 40 parking spots....granted it is fahri so maybe he needs a new spot for massive billboards.

Hopefully he sold the land

Old Posted Mar 6, 2018, 1:49 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Farhi: "An unsatisfied tenant is our most common Customer!"

Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 9:13 PM

Parking lot just over from this building I was wondering about above ^^^ will be a 31 story tower by York. 131 King St. not much info out.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2018, 7:33 PM

https://www.london.ca/business/Plann...2018-03-21.pdf

Another plaza by York Dev. This one at Adelaide St. and Sunningdale Rd. E

Old Posted Mar 14, 2018, 7:41 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Still building street-facing parking. Destroys walkability.

Par for the course in the land of cars.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2018, 9:16 PM

Destroys what walkability? It's not like this is a Hyde Park size development. Looks like a Shoppers, a small No Frills type grocery store, a dollar store, a McDonalds (would have said Timmy's if not for the one right across the road), and a couple other little places. I picture a smaller version of the plaza I go to at Colonel Talbot and Southdale. Doesn't strike me as the kind of plaza that people are going to go to multiple stores anyway, but if they are, it looks easily walkable. Most people going there are going to be driving anyway, except maybe the immediate neighbours behind who have the walkway to the loading dock of the grocery store.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2018, 9:45 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Other cities are moving away from street fronting parking lots which totally adds soul-suckability to any place where it exists

Old Posted Mar 14, 2018, 10:08 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Soul-sucking. Just try biking or walking along these roads.
https://www.google.ca/maps/@42.93500...7i13312!8i6656

Old Posted Mar 14, 2018, 10:13 PM

Well, it looks to me like there are buildings at the 4 corners of the property and parking in the middle, with only 2 vehicle accesses at the extreme east and south end of the property and landscape features fronting on Adelaide and Sunningdale for most of the length of the property.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 12:10 AM

Not sure of this is the right thread or not, but what the heck. A long ago talked about industrial park was planned on the south side of Wilton Grove east of the truck yards to the east of Highbury. Noticed the last week or so the black plastic fencing going up and a couple heavy machines parked on the driveway directly opposite Commerce Rd.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 7:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeffery View Post
Not sure of this is the right thread or not, but what the heck. A long ago talked about industrial park was planned on the south side of Wilton Grove east of the truck yards to the east of Highbury. Noticed the last week or so the black plastic fencing going up and a couple heavy machines parked on the driveway directly opposite Commerce Rd.
https://www.london.ca/residents/Road...rojectsMap.pdf

On this map it shows a pond being built. Maybe this is it if its in the same area you're talking about

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 11:01 PM

Quote:
https://www.london.ca/residents/Road...rojectsMap.pdf

On this map it shows a pond being built. Maybe this is it if its in the same area you're talking about
Yeah, that's the area. The pond on the north side of Wilton Grove was one of the first things built before the industrial park, so I wonder if there are firm plans for building on the south side.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2018, 1:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
Soul-sucking. Just try biking or walking along these roads.
https://www.google.ca/maps/@42.93500...7i13312!8i6656
I agree that the city needs to stop approving designs with street front parking. Having building frontage on road/walk ways contributes so much more to character and the "neighborhood" feel from area to area. Nothing more disconnecting than a sea of parking. The difference is night and day.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 12:18 AM

I see some construction fence and a trailer up at the Kia dealer at Dundas and VMP. I remember several years ago talking to a salesman there that said their owner owned the Hyundai dealer down Dundas and planned to move it over there so I wonder if this is the start of that. Wouldn’t think they would have a trailer there to simply expand the parking lot.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 3:28 PM

Now that Oxford Dodge has moved from Oxford St to Hyde Park what are the odds their property is purchased by the likes of Old Oak, Drewlo, York?

The lot is quite large and could easily handle a couple of high rises.

Or is it more likely to be rebuilt as retail or yet another car dealership?

Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 10:31 PM
The Vomit Bag.

the new Oxfart Dodgy is just as soul-sucking as the old Oxfart Dodgy.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2018, 1:56 PM

How much soul is a car dealership supposed to have? It’s certainly a vast improvement over the cramped small dark old place. Same thing with the new Toyota dealer at Highbury and Fanshawe.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2018, 2:13 PM

York keeps the projects coming. This plaza at sunningdale and Richmond. It says Residential buildings behind it. Are those townhouses behind the plaza or planned towers? I haven't been to this area in a while and not sure what is already there or isn't there.

https://www.london.ca/business/Plann...2018-04-18.pdf

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates