HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Apr 9, 2021, 3:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSTY386 View Post
1 setup by the apartment building would be nice to be able to see the progress they are making
Yeah, overlooking that whole gate area. And maybe they could angle it to see the ramp construction as well.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2021, 7:59 PM

The Tides
They were doing some excavation work along the golf club road earlier in the week. I've now noticed that they've started the retaining wall and there's a lot of concrete wall pieces on the site. I believe this wall was part of the conditions for Thrive Properties getting approval for the project.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2021, 8:01 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
The Tides
They were doing some excavation work along the golf club road earlier in the week. I've now noticed that they've started the retaining wall and there's a lot of concrete wall pieces on the site. I believe this wall was part of the conditions for Thrive Properties getting approval for the project.
Thrive Properties has also agreed to fix up the driveway leading into the Moncton Golf Club too.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2021, 8:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Thrive Properties has also agreed to fix up the driveway leading into the Moncton Golf Club too.
Good deal for the golf club. That road up to the clubhouse has been in rough shape for a long time. It's a great project for Riverview, great location, it should sell out easily.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2021, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Good deal for the golf club. That road up to the clubhouse has been in rough shape for a long time. It's a great project for Riverview, great location, it should sell out easily.
I forgot to mention earlier that there was a good sized crew working at The Tides property today. That's at least two Saturdays in a row that they've been working at this site.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2021, 1:13 PM

Click link for pic a lot the tides project progression.

https://www.facebook.com/23540837937...162059377/?d=n

Old Posted Apr 12, 2021, 9:50 PM

I was by the MoeMar construction site on Runneymeade Rd. earlier. They're really moving fast on this one. The 4th floor is now in place including the windows, and they're starting the roof trusses. This company has a lot of residential construction experience, so I guess it's not a surprise at how much progress they're making.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 1:38 AM

You can finally see some serious progress on the Kensington Apartments at the corner of Gunningsville & Pinewood. High end units over two buildings, heated underground parking, 9' ceilings etc. with rents starting at $1600. A nice addition to a nice development called The Fairways which is growing steadily.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 12:10 PM

Quote:
You can finally see some serious progress on the Kensington Apartments at the corner of Gunningsville & Pinewood. High end units over two buildings, heated underground parking, 9' ceilings etc. with rents starting at $1600. A nice addition to a nice development called The Fairways which is growing steadily.
I cant imagine paying that for an apartment in Moncton. I pay the same for a nice little spot in Etobicoke.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 1:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J81 View Post
I cant imagine paying that for an apartment in Moncton. I pay the same for a nice little spot in Etobicoke.
There is a market for them. This type of building caters to baby boomers who are retired and have sold their homes in order to downsize. They're sitting on a pile of cash and don't want the responsibility of a house. They can go south in the winter, just lock their door, cars parked inside etc.

All units have high end finishes, in-suite laundry, quartz countertops, large patios, there's a gym in the building etc. It's 4 minutes to the golf course, 6 minutes to downtown. What they're selling is the lifestyle.

Since all units have been pre leased even before the buildings are finished, they might even have been able to charge a bit more!

Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 1:50 PM

Quote:
There is a market for them. This type of building caters to baby boomers who are retired and have sold their homes in order to downsize. They're sitting on a pile of cash and don't want the responsibility of a house. They can go south in the winter, just lock their door, cars parked inside etc.

All units have high end finishes, in-suite laundry, quartz countertops, large patios, there's a gym in the building etc. It's 4 minutes to the golf course, 6 minutes to downtown. What they're selling is the lifestyle.

Since all units have been pre leased even before the buildings are finished, they might even have been able to charge a bit more!
Quick walking access to Mill Creek is also really nice and probably an underrated feature. The park will only get better as the years go and being able to walk 5 minutes and be in a well maintained nature park is a feature I'd love to have even as a younger person. Really terrific for overall mental health. They'll also have the new wellness centre at some point with access to an indoor walking track.

This development reminds me of something you'd see in the Woodlands Texas. I'm not surprised at the price given the current market. High end developments for the people coming here with money, combined with more modest affordable apartments and housing is whats needed to keep prices down overall in the long term.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 4:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
Quick walking access to Mill Creek is also really nice and probably an underrated feature. The park will only get better as the years go and being able to walk 5 minutes and be in a well maintained nature park is a feature I'd love to have even as a younger person. Really terrific for overall mental health. They'll also have the new wellness centre at some point with access to an indoor walking track.

This development reminds me of something you'd see in the Woodlands Texas. I'm not surprised at the price given the current market. High end developments for the people coming here with money, combined with more modest affordable apartments and housing is whats needed to keep prices down overall in the long term.
There are some nice detached homes, and there's always new ones under construction. They've also built some nice garden style homes. So including the Kensington apartments, there's a good variety of housing to choose from in the Fairways development. Last fall they cleared a large chunk of land and extended Rosebank Crescent which will eventually be extended again to connect back to the existing road. I noticed that several lots on this new road have already been sold. Overall this is a really nice development for the town of Riverview.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 7:04 PM

Interesting drone footage of the new bridge construction:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmkzE8TDQ_k&t=458s

Looks like they've got one heck of a lot of work to do in 6 months.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2021, 6:32 PM

From thrive properties:

We are excited to announce that The Trailway at Dobson Crossing has received unanimous approval from the Riverview Planning Commission. The Trailway will have beautifully appointed suites, underground parking, a spacious amenity room and fitness centre. Direct access to the incredible Dobson Trail system is right out your door! Construction to commence in June í Ľíż—

Learn More
https://thriveproperties.ca/projects/dobson-crossing/

Old Posted Apr 20, 2021, 7:04 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Thrive is gonna be incredibly busy this year!!

Old Posted Apr 20, 2021, 7:50 PM

I wonder if Thrive has finished the West Royalty Suites in P.E.I.? That was a good sized building at about 100 units. And would they be able to bring that crew to work in N.B.? They have so many projects in the pipeline that it must be a challenge to find workers. And The Current would be a huge project as well.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2021, 3:37 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Article in the T&T today about Thrive Properties major investments in Riverview.

Between The Tides, The Current and The Trailway, this will mean almost 300 new rental units in the town within the next several years.

Construction of The Current is still "12-18 months away", meaning a start date of spring or fall 2022. This project therefore likely will not be complete until 2024.

The President of Thrive Properties (Dr. John McManaman) stressed that The Current will maintain (and enhance) the riverfront trail in Riverview, including enhanced green space. This makes sense since an improved public realm surrounding the building would only make the intended commercial space in the building podium even more attractive for new shops and restaurants to consider the building. It would be terrific for example if Holy Whale Brewing returned to the area once construction is complete. They would be a fabulous tenant for The Current.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2021, 5:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Article in the T&T today about Thrive Properties major investments in Riverview.

Between The Tides, The Current and The Trailway, this will mean almost 300 new rental units in the town within the next several years.

Construction of The Current is still "12-18 months away", meaning a start date of spring or fall 2022. This project therefore likely will not be complete until 2024.

The President of Thrive Properties (Dr. John McManaman) stressed that The Current will maintain (and enhance) the riverfront trail in Riverview, including enhanced green space. This makes sense since an improved public realm surrounding the building would only make the intended commercial space in the building podium even more attractive for new shops and restaurants to consider the building. It would be terrific for example if Holy Whale Brewing returned to the area once construction is complete. They would be a fabulous tenant for The Current.
I remember when they had the public meeting about The Current project. One of the concerns that some people raised was the effect that this would have on the riverfront trail behind the building. John McManaman said at the time that their intention was to actually add to & improve the area between the building and the river. And I agree that the Holy Whale would be an excellent tenant. That outdoor beer garden they had last summer was frequently packed with people.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2021, 6:55 PM

BREAKING NEWS!

We now know The Current will not be starting for at least one more year.

“We’re happy to announce that we have signed up for at least another year at the Chocolate River Station and adjoining patio. We’d like to thank everyone – our staff, our regulars, the Town of Riverview and the new owners, Thrive Properties – for your ongoing support and patience. Stay thirsty Riverview!” - Holy Whale Brewing Company

Old Posted Apr 23, 2021, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacdougall View Post
BREAKING NEWS!

We now know The Current will not be starting for at least one more year.

“We’re happy to announce that we have signed up for at least another year at the Chocolate River Station and adjoining patio. We’d like to thank everyone – our staff, our regulars, the Town of Riverview and the new owners, Thrive Properties – for your ongoing support and patience. Stay thirsty Riverview!” - Holy Whale Brewing Company
I hope they have another successful summer season. I just wonder if The Current will be a fit for The Holy Whale once it's constructed. If so, it seems to me like it would be a win-win.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces