HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jan 3, 2008, 8:37 PM

is this hyatts biggest hotel? it looks freakin massive; how many rooms does it have?

Old Posted Jan 4, 2008, 2:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm91 View Post
is this hyatts biggest hotel? it looks freakin massive; how many rooms does it have?
I believe it is 1000 rooms.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2008, 9:11 PM
constructor extrodinaire!

1003 to be exact! lol

Old Posted Jan 6, 2008, 2:33 AM

Taken by U-EET @ Flickr

Old Posted Jan 7, 2008, 2:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texboy View Post
1003 to be exact! lol
Wow...I wonder how that happend. Oh well.....the building looks great. I'm just glad there is one more highrise in the skyline. I'm sure it looks nice coming down 281 @St. Mary's.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2008, 8:15 PM

Wow! That is an great pic. and the skyline I saw from a hill on bandera st. on the north west side of town was amazing! The Hyatt from that view fills up a big gap in our skyline. MANN I LUV THIS BUILDING!!

Old Posted Jan 8, 2008, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Dskyhigh View Post
Wow! That is an great pic. and the skyline I saw from a hill on bandera st. on the north west side of town was amazing! The Hyatt from that view fills up a big gap in our skyline. MANN I LUV THIS BUILDING!!
Yeah and it even ends up being taller than the Marriott

Last edited by ydoc14; Jan 8, 2008 at 12:29 AM.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2008, 10:18 PM
Let's Eat!

hey...by any change do they light up the building up at night?...im mainly concerned about the condo portion of the building...and if so how does it look?..pics plz

Old Posted Jan 9, 2008, 4:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFerrari82 View Post
hey...by any change do they light up the building up at night?...im mainly concerned about the condo portion of the building...and if so how does it look?..pics plz
Yeah I was wondering that myself, plz help us out

Old Posted Jan 9, 2008, 8:32 PM

Well right now the only lights on the Hyatt that are on at night are the lights inside the building. I know there are going to light up the building when it opens but not now.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2008, 4:24 AM

Can someone get a pic of the skyline coming down 281 right before the St. Mary's exit? I know there's a place around Trinity that you can take a picture from but alas, I'm in Phoenix.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2008, 5:41 PM
Let's Eat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy View Post
Can someone get a pic of the skyline coming down 281 right before the St. Mary's exit? I know there's a place around Trinity that you can take a picture from but alas, I'm in Phoenix.
hey i have a pic of that..but you would have to check it out on flickr.com..the title is: it's San Antonio ..im in phoenix too..but SA native.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2008, 2:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFerrari82 View Post
hey i have a pic of that..but you would have to check it out on flickr.com..the title is: it's San Antonio ..im in phoenix too..but SA native.
Thanks man. Nice pics. Anyone else have any of that 281 shot of downtown with the Grand Hyatt in full view?

Old Posted Jan 12, 2008, 4:54 AM

Just saw on Kens 5 news that GH was not going to open on time, that it was going to be at least 3 weeks late. They also said it was 37 stories tall for whatever reason.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2008, 5:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBTX11 View Post
Just saw on Kens 5 news that GH was not going to open on time, that it was going to be at least 3 weeks late. They also said it was 37 stories tall for whatever reason.
Yikes......
Major fines for Faulkner USA

Old Posted Jan 12, 2008, 4:35 PM

Here's the article:

New Hyatt will not open as scheduled

Web Posted: 01/12/2008 12:51 AM CST

Stacia Willson
KENS 5 Eyewitness News

With 37 stories and more than a thousand rooms, the new Grand Hyatt Hotel won’t be ready on time.

Construction has fallen behind on the multi-million dollar hotel, and it won’t open in three weeks.

Just last week, employees at the Hyatt Regency said everything was on schedule for the hotel to open on Feb. 6. But today, the company sent a statement admitting things have fallen behind by at least three weeks.

Construction is in full swing at the newest location, but there is still plenty of work that needs to be done.

The statement says the final stage of construction is not yet “appropriate for customers” and that “it is more prudent to allow three more weeks to finish out the job.”

More coverage
KENS video: http://www2.mysanantonio.com/multimedia/video/NewsOnDemand/index.cfm?videos=50612

Last week, those representing Faulkner USA, the company handling the construction, issued a statement assuring the public that the keys would be handed over by next month.

Meanwhile, KENS 5 has learned that at least one event has already been cancelled. About 500 to 600 people planning on attending a gala at the Hyatt on Feb. 23 have been redirected to the Marriot River Center.

That is raising questions about additional reservations, including bookings for March Madness. The Hyatt Downtown is designated as the headquarters hotel for the Final Four college basketball championships.

Numerous calls to Faulkner were not returned.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Online at: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/met....13aa061b.html

Old Posted Jan 13, 2008, 3:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydoc14 View Post
Here's the article:

New Hyatt will not open as scheduled

Web Posted: 01/12/2008 12:51 AM CST

Stacia Willson
KENS 5 Eyewitness News

With 37 stories and more than a thousand rooms, the new Grand Hyatt Hotel won’t be ready on time.

Construction has fallen behind on the multi-million dollar hotel, and it won’t open in three weeks.

Just last week, employees at the Hyatt Regency said everything was on schedule for the hotel to open on Feb. 6. But today, the company sent a statement admitting things have fallen behind by at least three weeks.

Construction is in full swing at the newest location, but there is still plenty of work that needs to be done.

The statement says the final stage of construction is not yet “appropriate for customers” and that “it is more prudent to allow three more weeks to finish out the job.”

More coverage
KENS video: http://www2.mysanantonio.com/multimedia/video/NewsOnDemand/index.cfm?videos=50612

Last week, those representing Faulkner USA, the company handling the construction, issued a statement assuring the public that the keys would be handed over by next month.

Meanwhile, KENS 5 has learned that at least one event has already been cancelled. About 500 to 600 people planning on attending a gala at the Hyatt on Feb. 23 have been redirected to the Marriot River Center.

That is raising questions about additional reservations, including bookings for March Madness. The Hyatt Downtown is designated as the headquarters hotel for the Final Four college basketball championships.

Numerous calls to Faulkner were not returned.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Online at: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/met....13aa061b.html
37 floors?? Did it grow 3 more floors when we weren't looking?

Old Posted Jan 13, 2008, 4:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy View Post
37 floors?? Did it grow 3 more floors when we weren't looking?
I think if you count the floors inside the mechanical penthouse, and the river-level floor you get 37?

Old Posted Jan 13, 2008, 4:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydoc14 View Post
I think if you count the floors inside the mechanical penthouse, and the river-level floor you get 37?
Humm....that could be it. Someone find out and let me know! hehe
I can't wait to see the building in person. it looks pretty cool. I hope they out line the roof top with lighting or something like that.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2008, 4:41 AM

It kind of figured they were not going to open up on time, the top half still looks like crap and the Feb date was rapidly approaching.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive