HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Nov 10, 2015, 8:11 PM

YBA Architects have requested Design Advice for a project at 1134 NW 18th Ave:

Quote:
Proposal is for mixed use development with retail space on ground floor, a row of townhomes and at-grade double height car parking with stacking semi-automated parking system.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Nov 13, 2015, 5:47 AM

Notice of a Pre-Application Conference [PDF] for 1134 NW 18th Ave.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2015, 8:37 PM

Works Partnership have requested Early Assistance for a project at 1825 NW 23rd Ave:

Quote:
DZ EA for proposed building not meeting CDS
Early Assistance has been requested for a project at 2034 NW 27th Ave:

Quote:
Proposed performance venue to accommodate 2,800 to 3,000 people
...wait - what? That's huge.

A building permit was issued to SERA Architects for the NW Portland International Hostel and Guest House:

Quote:
Construct new 5 story hostel building with 21 sleeping units, basement level includes storage, mechanical room, laundry room, restroom and housekeeping area; main floor includes lobby area and cafe with seating; levels 2-4 includes hostel units and restrooms, 5th floor is private residence; includes all site work

Old Posted Nov 24, 2015, 9:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post

Quote:
Proposed performance venue to accommodate 2,800 to 3,000 people
...wait - what? That's huge.
Interesting...

Old Posted Nov 24, 2015, 11:59 PM

NWDA will have a field day with this one. unless they develop a 2,800-3,00 car garage I would think this project will have a hard time getting built.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2015, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric cantona View Post

NWDA will have a field day with this one. unless they develop a 2,800-3,00 car garage I would think this project will have a hard time getting built.
Couldn't they just use the Montgomery Park parking? The location is right there anyway.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2015, 3:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvpcvm View Post
Couldn't they just use the Montgomery Park parking? The location is right there anyway.
unless they're part of the development team I would think not. they host evening events there every so often.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2015, 4:14 AM

I was assuming the owner would work with the Montgomery Park owners - there are at least two parking garages on their property, in addition to the big parking lot to the west.

It seems like on odd place to put a music venue.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2015, 4:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric cantona View Post

There are many on the NWDA, myself included, who would be equally opposed to a 2,800-3,000 parking garage.

I had a quick look at the zoning, and "Major Event Entertainment" is a Conditional Use for the site. That means the developer would have to do an in depth impact study, and have it approved by the Hearings Officer. Given the unfortunately minimal public transport options in that area, I just can't see how they could achieve that. Buckman neighbors are complaining about traffic at Revolution Hall, and that has a capacity of only 850 people at a site much better served by transit.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2015, 5:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
There are many on the NWDA, myself included, who would be equally opposed to a 2,800-3,000 parking garage.

I had a quick look at the zoning, and "Major Event Entertainment" is a Conditional Use for the site. That means the developer would have to do an in depth impact study, and have it approved by the Hearings Officer. Given the unfortunately minimal public transport options in that area, I just can't see how they could achieve that. Buckman neighbors are complaining about traffic at Revolution Hall, and that has a capacity of only 850 people at a site much better served by transit.

Is there a link for this proposal, by chance?

Old Posted Nov 25, 2015, 6:14 AM

Early Assistance applications don't get published, so no.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2015, 5:16 PM

[QUOTE=maccoinnich;7247631]There are many on the NWDA, myself included, who would be equally opposed to a 2,800-3,000 parking garage.[QUOTE]

shit. once again I forgot to use the sarcasm font.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2015, 8:24 PM

Ah, didn't get that, possibly because if there's one constant about Northwest, it is that there are many people with strongly held and opposite opinions about any issue that involves parking.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2015, 8:39 PM

Staff Report [PDF] which recommends approval for Restoration Hardware.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2015, 8:47 PM

Notice of a Pre-Application Conference [PDF] for a building at 1431 NW 17th Ave (currently Arc Graphics, nee Ford Graphics):

Quote:
Pre-Application Conference to discuss a Type III Design Review for a proposed new 6-story, market rate, 115 unit, multi-dwelling residential building. Below-grade parking with 65 spaces is proposed. Stormwater planters are proposed on the west side of the site.
Notice of a Pre-Application Conference [PDF] for a building at 1825 NW 23rd Avenue:

Quote:
Pre-Application Conference to discuss Type III Design Review for a 5-story mixed use building with ground-level retail. The four floors above will include 61 residential units and 2 hotel rooms. Below grade parking, with approximately. 45 spaces, will be provided. Stormwater will be directed to a flow-thru planter located on the west of the site.
(The Works Partnership frames are migrating west).

Old Posted Dec 16, 2015, 9:10 PM

The frames are taking over! haha. Have to say I like this one though- not sure how those end gables will look though. They seem a bit odd in the elevations, but in the front-on perspective view they look fine. Maybe an attempt to step down to the neighborhood?

Old Posted Dec 16, 2015, 10:38 PM

Wow. One trick pony.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2015, 8:44 PM

Notice of a Public Hearing [PDF] for the 19th & Quimby apartments. Given that the project will be removing a bar and 7 or 8 foods carts it's a little disappointing how much retail space is proposed. The area between the North Pearl and the the Con-way site is really starting to fill in, and I'd be surprised if there wasn't the residential/commercial density there already to support a larger space.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2016, 9:03 PM

Yeah it's sad to see the food carts go as well as the existing building, which while small has a nice character to it. Hopefully a food cart pod emerges somewhere nearby. There are still plenty of open parking lots available.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2016, 7:35 PM

GBD Architects have submitted a project at 2301 NW Savier St, the former location of Besaw’s, for Design Review:

Quote:
Proposal is for a mixed use building with 36 apartments and 4500 sf of ground level retail, covered and enclosed residential parking for 24 cars. The project also includes an existing 1200 sf retail structure that will remain at the corner of NW 23rd and Savier.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland