HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Apr 14, 2022, 12:40 AM

Mobility Master Plan

For anyone who is interested, the city just started the public consultation for the Mobility Master Plan today, which will be a two year long process.

This plan will replace the previous Transportation Master Plan which was completed about a decade ago.

If you go to the project webpage, you can fill out a feedback form where you can share your experiences with moving around the city, including any particular challenges you face: https://getinvolved.london.ca/mobility-master-plan.

Here is an excerpt from a CBC article:
Quote:
The aim of the plan is a departure from the former transportation master plan, which focused more on the movement of people or goods. Focusing on the term "mobility" will focus more on the different ways people can get around, including going to work, school, the grocery store, restaurants and other places, officials said.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2022, 9:39 PM

Come to think of it, me and my friend were talking about this the other day. She got a job in the industrial district on Robins Hill Road. I was surprised to find out there is no sidewalks on Huron leading there, or no bus route that services the entire area. Something I'll definitely provide some feedback on, a lot more places in London need either sidewalks, or public transit, or both.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2022, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyeman200 View Post
Come to think of it, me and my friend were talking about this the other day. She got a job in the industrial district on Robins Hill Road. I was surprised to find out there is no sidewalks on Huron leading there, or no bus route that services the entire area. Something I'll definitely provide some feedback on, a lot more places in London need either sidewalks, or public transit, or both.
No sidewalks on Huron, but there are sidewalks leading from the bus stop at Crumlin and Oxford at the terminal entrance all the way through the industrial park, up Robins Hill to Huron and east from there past Amazon and ending by the cargo terminal. Not ideal but still not as far a walk as it would be down Huron if there were sidewalks there.

For sure, that Fanshawe-Airport bus route should loop up around that industrial park, and who knows, they might actually plan to at some point. All of the industrial parks have been difficult to service mainly because they need service at very specific times during the day, and then not needed for most of the rest of the day.

Old Posted May 2, 2022, 9:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeffery View Post
For sure, that Fanshawe-Airport bus route should loop up around that industrial park, and who knows, they might actually plan to at some point. All of the industrial parks have been difficult to service mainly because they need service at very specific times during the day, and then not needed for most of the rest of the day.
It would be nice to have more of a grid system. Have a Huron bus that loops around Robins Hill back to Veterans and back on Huron. Also more sidewalks on Oxford to the Airport.

Old Posted May 2, 2022, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyeman200 View Post
It would be nice to have more of a grid system. Have a Huron bus that loops around Robins Hill back to Veterans and back on Huron. Also more sidewalks on Oxford to the Airport.
The sidewalk does go to Veterans, so there is only a 2 block gap. I'm not really sure how much demand there is for people walking along there, same as Huron. The buses pretty much need to go to Fanshawe for the terminal point to meet other buses or you probably won't get the traffic to the airport area.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Transportation & Infrastructure