HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jun 24, 2019, 8:11 PM

Amacon

Nice update on the Amacon condo project from BusinessDen. Would be great to see construction begin in 2019.

https://businessden.com/2019/06/24/w...ter-this-year/

Old Posted Jun 24, 2019, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNfill View Post
Any updates/rumors on the greyhound block?

Source

Welcome

Haven't seen any balloons just yet. Initial offer/interest was due end of May. Final offers were due on June 21st. So hopefully in July we'll here something, anything.

Who wouldathunk?

That one of the fastest growing area companies makes shoe boxes, drops in some tech and shoots them into the air?

Old Posted Jun 25, 2019, 6:20 AM

Thank you to everyone that wrote to council and showed up to the hearing tonight. Council needed and got 10 out of 11 votes to pass the 17th and Newton rezoning. I know for a fact that if it wasn't for us, that project would be dead by now.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2019, 6:47 AM

Source

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemachs View Post
I think this scale feels pretty appropriate for the neighborhood, which has some nice density now that the former hospital site has been filling in. Were these same neighbors vehemently against the Lakehouse condos in the planning stages? That building looks to be about 13 stories, so I could see it causing a similar freakout in the local NIMBY crowd. I'm curious if there were concessions by the developer, height reductions, etc.
https://denverite.com/2019/06/24/in-...lf-affordable/
Quote:
The West Colfax Association of Neighbors and Sloan’s Lake Neighborhood Association came out swinging against the development. In the end, the Council decided that Zocalo’s proposal fits with growth plans on the books — and that Denver’s need for affordable housing outweighed locals’ concerns over views, parking shortages, traffic and open space.

“If an underutilized, weed-strewn parking lot can’t support affordable housing, what can?” Zocalo principal David Zucker said in an interview.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2019, 3:21 PM

Kinda seems like we can see the next wave of big projects. That school in GT is under contract again. I bet that, and the greyhound station become focal projects in the next cycle.

"Former elementary school in the Golden Triangle back under contract"
https://businessden.com/2019/06/25/f...nder-contract/

Old Posted Jun 25, 2019, 4:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenvertoLA View Post
Kinda seems like we can see the next wave of big projects. That school in GT is under contract again. I bet that, and the greyhound station become focal projects in the next cycle.

"Former elementary school in the Golden Triangle back under contract"
https://businessden.com/2019/06/25/f...nder-contract/
Man, Lennar is going all in with Golden Triangle

Old Posted Jun 25, 2019, 5:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
I saw this "speech" on another thread, and I thought it applied to this moment :

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/...public-hearing

Old Posted Jun 25, 2019, 6:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLucasTheGreat View Post
Man, Lennar is going all in with Golden Triangle
I first caught wind of LMC in Phoenix; I decided to do a deeper dive but information is a bit scarce.

LMC was created in 2011 when not much was happening but as we all know now it was perfect timing to get into the apartment market. Early on they worked the suburbs which would be familiar territory for them. It was (in hindsight) a brilliant strategy; rather than find elbow room in urban cores they picked the lower hanging fruit; easy in, great returns for them. In 2014 things got rolling and in 2016 they successfully floated a $2.2 billion capital raise.

More recently they've joined the urban parade. In Denver it started on Blake Street which is similar in location and style for what they built in mid-town Phoenix. Their project on Welton St was an impressive step up; now they're chasing mid-rises in GT. They've obviously taken a shine to downtown Denver.

LMC seems to be willing to take on more interesting challenges. I'm sure they found out the backstory about Holland choosing not to go forward - although this deal not a done deal yet. It reminds me a bit of a challenge they're pursuing in Scottsdale where they bought two nice office building within the Kierland development which is a lot like Cherry Creek but much more 'pretentious.' They plan to demo both buildings and build six stories of (nice) apartments above a two-story podium. Point being is their willingness to tackle more interesting and challenging projects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemachs View Post
I saw this "speech" on another thread, and I thought it applied to this moment :

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/...public-hearing
Totally hilarious. I needed my humor for today.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2019, 6:57 PM

Are we expecting Lennar to break ground on any of their GT projects soon? They recently demolished that vacant office building near 10th and Bannock.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2019, 7:22 PM

Quote:
Are we expecting Lennar to break ground on any of their GT projects soon? They recently demolished that vacant office building near 10th and Bannock.
https://livelmc.com/2019/06/lmc-anno...n-equity-fund/

Sounds like funding isn’t an issue

Old Posted Jun 25, 2019, 9:07 PM

Denver Botanic Gardens

There's a cool time lapse of the Botanic Gardens new building on at https://www.botanicgardens.org/york-...-newman-center.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2019, 9:29 PM

Holy Cow!

https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/n...ent-tower.html

[I]Michael Eisenstein, founder of Land Capital LLC, exclusively told Denver Business Journal his plans for 1901 Arapahoe St., a high-revenue-generating parking lot on the border of Denver’s Central Business District and Union Station neighborhood. Last week, Eisenstein went under contract for the lot currently owned by Paradise Investments, allowing him to purchase it for about $28 million within 180 days. He expects to close on it by year’s end.

He has two options for the site. One, keep it as a parking lot . . . .

The other option is to construct a 40-story, 1,300-unit apartment tower using a design that focuses on art and creating a brand.

NicE!

Last edited by CherryCreek; Jun 25, 2019 at 10:43 PM.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2019, 9:58 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryCreek View Post
Holy Cow!

No freakin' way..... I'm going to go with the parking lot. Because.....

Tower1

...there's no way anything tinged by being associated with Paradise comes to pass. Especially something this sweet.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Jun 25, 2019, 10:00 PM

that building is such a tease

Old Posted Jun 25, 2019, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryCreek View Post
Holy Cow!

https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/n...ent-tower.html

Michael Eisenstein, founder of Land Capital LLC, exclusively told Denver Business Journal his plans for 1901 Arapahoe St., a high-revenue-generating parking lot on the border of Denver’s Central Business District and Union Station neighborhood. Last week, Eisenstein went under contract for the lot currently owned by Paradise Investments, allowing him to purchase it for about $28 million within 180 days. He expects to close on it by year’s end.

He has two options for the site. One, keep it as a parking lot . . . .

The other option is to construct a 40-story, 1,300-unit apartment tower using a design that focuses on art and creating a brand.

NicE!
There is a greater chance that a 400 ft Blucifer gets erected than this project. Can anyone name any successful large-scale project that Buzz has been involved with?

Old Posted Jun 25, 2019, 10:46 PM

Quote:
There is a greater chance that a 400 ft Blucifer gets erected than this project. Can anyone name any successful large-scale project that Buzz has been involved with?

Old Posted Jun 26, 2019, 12:17 AM

Quote:
You guys... If Eisenstein were to purchase this site then Buzz would no longer be involved. So the first thing I did was to search out information on the prospective buyer. Read and judge for yourself.

The problem seems to be that Buzz has a soft spot for dreamers (Buzz knows the property's value isn't going down).

Dreamin' - for anybody who listened to his Dad's 1960's music. (Nice [black & white] photos)

Old Posted Jun 26, 2019, 1:42 AM

How old is Mr. Geller? Probably wants to sell these in his lifetime one would presume...

Old Posted Jun 26, 2019, 2:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedalrob View Post
There's a cool time lapse of the Botanic Gardens new building on at https://www.botanicgardens.org/york-...-newman-center.
Thanks!

I miss me some Botanic Gardens. What I really miss is attending their summer concert series; little wine & cheese, a nice deli sandwich and relax the night away.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2019, 3:08 AM

On this website for land capital the have what looks to be preliminary renderings for the avenue grill parking lot on 17th too. http://www.landcapital.partners/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West