HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Apr 18, 2012, 7:12 PM

Thanks. I did the wood flooring myself but everything else was done by a friend of mine with me helping.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2012, 7:17 PM

Anyone know of a good handyman who is reasonable price-wise? I have some simple plumbing(Leaky faucet....) and other odd jobs around the house.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2012, 11:15 PM
METRO: Encanto

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymratmanaz View Post
Anyone know of a good handyman who is reasonable price-wise? I have some simple plumbing(Leaky faucet....) and other odd jobs around the house.
What part of town?

Old Posted Apr 19, 2012, 12:26 AM

Quote:
For simple plumbing I only charge one beer per hour.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2012, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickw252 View Post
For simple plumbing I only charge one beer per hour.
Can you fix a garbage disposal that is leaking out of the bottom or do I need to replace it?

Old Posted Apr 19, 2012, 3:17 AM

46th St and Thomas area

Old Posted Apr 19, 2012, 1:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempe_Duck View Post
Can you fix a garbage disposal that is leaking out of the bottom or do I need to replace it?
If it's actually leaking from the bottom of the disposal then you probably need to replace it. If it's just a leak at like a gasket but is dripping from the bottom of the disposal the you don't need to replace it.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2012, 5:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
Send them across 7th Ave., it's been a while since I've seen any here.
I saw one at 5th and Holly this morning while walking my dog.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2012, 6:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickw252 View Post
If it's actually leaking from the bottom of the disposal then you probably need to replace it. If it's just a leak at like a gasket but is dripping from the bottom of the disposal the you don't need to replace it.
Ok, I will see if I can figure that out. Thanks.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 12:31 PM

I am not sure where mine is leaking from, thus a handyman to figure out fix or replace. Nickw....are you a handyman or plumber?

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 6:47 PM

Quote:
Nickw....are you a handyman or plumber?
Actually I have a different type of dirty job - an attorney. But living in an 80 year old house with a wife that will put anything down the disposal has made me quite the handyman/plumber/electrician/painter.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 7:12 PM

I might have to hire you then. You do sound like an authority......... A plumbing lawyer.....hmmmm.....a snake who can snake a drain, a professional who can take clients and water down the drain, a man who can make a client crack but good and show butt crack good too, a shark on dry land and with water.....OK, I am done now.

Old Posted May 8, 2012, 3:34 PM

Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
So now that Im living in Willo I've noticed my yard doesn't have flood irrigation. I guess I assumed most older neighborhoods in PHX have it, but now that I think of it, I don't recall seeing flooded yards in Willo, Roosevelt, Encanto Palmcroft, Coronado, etc. Was flood irrigation something that was done later during the ranch era? Or did these areas used to have flood irrigation that was then torn out? I sure wish I had it, sprinklers suck.

Old Posted May 8, 2012, 4:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooverDam View Post
So now that Im living in Willo I've noticed my yard doesn't have flood irrigation. I guess I assumed most older neighborhoods in PHX have it, but now that I think of it, I don't recall seeing flooded yards in Willo, Roosevelt, Encanto Palmcroft, Coronado, etc. Was flood irrigation something that was done later during the ranch era? Or did these areas used to have flood irrigation that was then torn out? I sure wish I had it, sprinklers suck.
Encanto Palmcroft has it, other areas like Yaple Park, Woodlea, and some random areas of various other historic neighborhoods have flood irrigation too. I would be interested to know where exactly there is flood irrigation in certain parts of the city and why. Maybe because the farmland many of the older neighborhoods were built on had flood irrigation and SRP kept it when the areas were converted to houses.

Old Posted May 8, 2012, 5:46 PM

Quote:
A lot of houses in Encanto have it (not all of them though).

Old Posted May 8, 2012, 8:45 PM

Quote:
Interesting, I just bought my first home in the Phoenix Homesteads historic district and many of the homes have irrigation here as well but not all (including my own)

I must ask, how could you have overlooked that or just assumed? I always asked while looking for a home because I like to garden and keep a lush yard and you are correct that it is MUCH better. You get deeper watering and it's cheaper than city water. I ended up settling for my place without irrigation as it had an extensive automatic watering system in place etc but part of me still wishes we had irrigation!

Old Posted May 8, 2012, 9:05 PM

Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
^^ We're just renting, so the watering system wasn't really a deal breaker either way, landscaping and water is included in our rent.

Old Posted May 8, 2012, 9:11 PM

Is it possible to obtain water rights for flood irrigation? I would much prefer it to my sprinkler system.

Old Posted May 8, 2012, 9:37 PM

Flood irrigation rocks, but you can only have it in older neighborhoods that have the irrigation pipes and system already there. Gots to move to an existing flood irrigation neighborhood.

Old Posted May 8, 2012, 10:37 PM
METRO: Encanto

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX31 View Post
Encanto Palmcroft has it
But nickw252 lives in Encanto Palmcroft and wishes that he had it. Meanwhile, Nick says that some folks in Willo have it, yet we don't and I haven't seen it.

For reasons that may be completely wrong, I have always associated flood irrigation with SRP areas, which this is not.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest