HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Nov 5, 2014, 7:44 AM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
There's a pretty active discussion about this over on Reddit Portland.
My favorite response on that reddit.

Quote:
Well really it's in the backyard of Sullivan's Gultch

----- I don't think I-84 or the Union Pacific rails will mind.

------------That's the name of a neighborhood between Lloyd and Irvington. It's not just the ditch where the train runs.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2014, 8:09 PM

Quote:
Work on 1,000-apartment Lloyd District development expected to begin in 2016

By Elliot Njus | enjus@oregonian.com

The investment trust behind Portland's largest apartment project to date confirmed Wednesday it's planning an even larger project in the Lloyd District.

San Diego-based American Assets Trust said in an earnings conference call for investors Wednesday that work will begin on the second phase of its Lloyd District redevelopment plan after the first phase, the 657-unit Hassalo on Eighth development, is fully leased.

That could be as soon as the third quarter of 2016, chief executive John Chamberlain said.
...continues at the Oregonian.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Nov 5, 2014, 8:17 PM

2 more years? That kind of sucks.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2014, 9:20 PM

I think I remember seeing a map of AAT's properties in Lloyd. Can someone post this again?

Old Posted Nov 6, 2014, 3:45 AM
Here we stAy

I hope the large plaza in the middle doesn't detract from the street side of the buildings. Does the city require some percentage of retail frontage on the streets in the Lloyd?

Old Posted Nov 6, 2014, 5:05 AM

This is awesome! But I'm toning down my excitement a tad until final design is released. I fully expect that 325' tower to be chopped down 100'.

Orig. plans for Phase 1 - final plans IMO were very watered down:

Last edited by Sioux612; Nov 6, 2014 at 5:17 AM.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2014, 10:33 PM

If it is possible to rent the units at rates 10-20% lower than the Pearl, you can bet that they will fill up quickly. Imagine access to downtown, in a new apartment that caters to active transportation, without the sticker shock associated with directly living in downtown?

Man, I am already excited....

Old Posted Nov 6, 2014, 11:33 PM

I work in Lloyd Tower and heard rumors about the huge parking garage next to us (Halsey between NE 7th & 9th) being torn down in the near future to make way for new development. Don't have anything to back that up though. This whole area is going to be so different in a few years!

Old Posted Nov 8, 2014, 5:49 AM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkealoha View Post
I work in Lloyd Tower and heard rumors about the huge parking garage next to us (Halsey between NE 7th & 9th) being torn down in the near future to make way for new development. Don't have anything to back that up though. This whole area is going to be so different in a few years!
Interesting rumor, I imagine we will be hearing a lot of these over the next ten years in Lloyd District. You have definitely given people on this site something new to hunt for.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2014, 1:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat View Post
I think I remember seeing a map of AAT's properties in Lloyd. Can someone post this again?
I felt like I had seen one before as well, but after doing some digging today I couldn't find it. The closest thing I did find was at http://www.lloyddistrict.info/ titled "Who Owns the Lloyd District". The interactive map uses data captured from portlandmaps.com around April 2014.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2014, 2:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloo View Post
I felt like I had seen one before as well, but after doing some digging today I couldn't find it. The closest thing I did find was at http://www.lloyddistrict.info/ titled "Who Owns the Lloyd District". The interactive map uses data captured from portlandmaps.com around April 2014.
Nice find. I had forgotten that the PDC are the proud owners of the Inn at the Convention Center.

I found this map from the original Design Advice request for Hassalo on 8th. The area in yellow is owned by AAT:

Old Posted Nov 9, 2014, 3:21 AM

So if AAT were to ever build phase III, that would be either a single, or a 5 block superblock adjacent to the current Lloyd tower.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2014, 6:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkealoha View Post
I'd heard that was going to be timed with Phase 2 of the AAT redevelopment as well, but that was a year ago. It would make sense, especially with the Lloyd Center's redevelopment, the CC hotel, and the Eastside Streetcar.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2014, 8:31 PM

Notice of a Pre-Application Conference [PDF, small]. Has some more drawings in it.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2014, 9:02 PM

Wow

Old Posted Nov 10, 2014, 9:32 PM

Quote:
Notice of a Pre-Application Conference [PDF, small]. Has some more drawings in it.
Maccoinnich, you are the man! Thanks for the updates.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2014, 5:48 AM
A before E

That is gonna be such an awesome cluster of buildings, I seriously can't believe we are talking about the Lloyd District getting 7 new buildings in the heart of it and that one of the buildings is going to be the new tallest building in the Lloyd District.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2014, 7:14 AM

I know, we are all excited about this project. Seems to me Portland is going to start looking like Vancouver BC in a decade or so

Last edited by Pdxnative; Nov 11, 2014 at 7:15 AM. Reason: Add language

Old Posted Nov 14, 2014, 7:01 AM

Quote:
The way they are preserving view corridors for the upper floors makes this feel like a very San Diego proposal. I think that's a good thing.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2014, 5:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehogan View Post
The way they are preserving view corridors for the upper floors makes this feel like a very San Diego proposal. I think that's a good thing.
Beautiful looking towers, but i can't help but feel the big courtyard is wasted space that will become dead and only used by residents. We want an integrated, vibrant hood, not a high rise gated community.

Hmm... I guess ill wait and see. Is there going to be retail flanking the courtyard or simply residential entrances?

I dont really take San Diego as a place to envy; they have odd height restrictions that don't do their city much justice.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland