HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Apr 7, 2013, 1:53 AM
EVDS MPlan Grad

Calgary and Area | Spring and Summer 2012

Aside from two exams coming up next week, the semester is over and I'm editing up a storm right now. I'm way behind as usual, but I managed to finish my photos of Calgary and area from last Spring and Summer.

1. My birthday saw some pretty spectacular lighting in the evening, so my mom and I went for a drive to get some shots just outside the city.

11. Now we head into the city. First to Prince's Island Park adjacent to downtown.

14. A View from the office. I brought some Newfoundland weather back with me for a while in April.

15. But things improved soon.

18. The photos uploaded out of order. I was heading to the airport in this shot taken from Deerfoot.

19. Calgary has its share of commie block-looking buildings. One day I might do a themed thread with them.

20. This flag reminded me of Newfoundland, but I think it's probably a faded Italian flag.

21. Telus Spark (Science Centre) from Deerfoot.

23. Took a little drive just West of the city on 22x one day for some more rural shots.

24. We're not too far outside the city though.

26. A couple shots from YYC.

28. Driving around my hometown area (Turner Valley).

30. Good ol' Turner Valley gas plant. I think it should be replaced by a nice riverside park, despite its historic role in the town.

35. Oddly enough, these signs evoke a feeling of nostalgia in me. They're all over town. Riding bikes around town with friends, walking around in the fields with footballs and frisbees, heading to the jumping cliffs on the river, they were always present.

36. Here's a view in between Turner Valley and Longview. My great great uncle's old farm was right behind me as I took this.

37. Back to the city. Calatrava's new Peace Bridge.

38. Nexen

44. Inside Bankers Hall.

45. 4th Street Lilac Festival draws quite a crowd. Weather wasn't great this year. I ran into Mayor Nenshi as soon as I got there and got my photo taken with him.

46. Walking around the Sheep River in Okotoks, a bedroom community and one of Canada's fastest-growing towns.

49. I walked along the Bow River Pathway from Douglas Glen to downtown. It was quite a trek, but really pleasant. So many places in Calgary where you could easily forget you're even near a city.

55. Old City Hall

56. Back in Turner Valley. At the top of the hill that overlooks town, if you look the other way you see the Sheep River valley, foothills, and Rockies.

60. Back to my Bow River walk, haha.

61. New(er) Municipal Building

63. Turner Valley

64. River walk again. Jesus.

65. Turner Valley

67. River walk again, except I obviously left the pathway for a bit. I think this is Ogden Rd. If anyone wants to correct me, please do.

68. Turner Valley comes back to wrap things up.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos