HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jun 28, 2023, 3:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denscity View Post
Nobody wants to be in Calgary.
They all have one year left, it makes sense to keep their options open. Honestly I hope they all leave, it's time to blow it up. This core is not it.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2023, 3:34 AM
Go Tall or Go Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denscity View Post
Can't believe how little Calgary got for Toffoli.
What did you expect in return for a 31 year old in the last year of his contract ?
We got younger, faster & freed-up some cap space - plus the 80th pick in a deep draft. I’m good with the deal.

I’m with ZeDgE - I hope Conroy tears it down to the studs. I don’t mind sucking for a while ss long as we’re headed in the right direction.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2023, 4:24 AM
Go Chiefs!

If by tomorrow, the Habs do not have one of Bedard (as long as he isn't drafted one can dream lol), Fantilli, Carlsson, Smith or Michkov, Hughes needs to go.

Michkov is the best Russian prospect since Ovechkin. He is by far the 2nd best player in this draft and would be 1st overall 90% of years. Even accounting for the Russian factor, how do you not pick him if there at 5?

Will Smith is the only player other than Bedard and Michkov that has 100 pts potential. He has higher ceiling but somewhat higher likehood he busts vs Fantilli/Carlsson.

As for Bedard, life is really unfair. Hawks had this whole scandal with Kyle Beach and should have most likely forfeited several 1st as a result. They traded their superstar this year. What do they get in return? The chance to draft a generational talent.

Habs who have had 1 70 pts player in the last decade, 1 80 pts player in the last 26 years get the 1st overall in the worst draft ever.

I mean the last time we had a 40 pts guy other than Suzuki and Caufield was 3 YEARS AGO!!! How pathetic is that???

Bedard is a game changer. In a couple of years, he would be the first player who scores 70 in a single season in 30+ years. He will win MULTIPLE Rocket Richard trophies. Likely more than 5.

His junior career is even better than McDavid considering his is 7 months younger (January vs July birthday) and the surrounding cast in Regina was garbage. Not saying he will be better than McDavid but he will definitely challenge him.

Draft year:
Bedard: 143 pts (71 goals) in 57 games... 2.51 PPG
McDavid: 120 pts (44 goals) in 47 games... 2.55 PPG

Last edited by Nicko999; Jun 28, 2023 at 4:34 AM.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2023, 2:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craner View Post
What did you expect in return for a 31 year old in the last year of his contract ?
We got younger, faster & freed-up some cap space - plus the 80th pick in a deep draft. I’m good with the deal.

I’m with ZeDgE - I hope Conroy tears it down to the studs. I don’t mind sucking for a while ss long as we’re headed in the right direction.
More than someone Noone has ever heard of that's for sure. Wish we had him back.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2023, 2:43 PM
Near Generational

Quote:
Originally Posted by craner View Post

Pretty sure this was the same pick that Calgary got in the Lucic/Neal trade.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2023, 9:30 PM

Amazing the first overall this year and next are from Vancouver BC. When was the last time that happened from the same city?

Old Posted Jun 28, 2023, 10:04 PM

^ Stamkos and Tavares in the late 2000s... both from the GTA.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2023, 10:34 PM

I knew it would be Toronto just didn’t know what decade.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2023, 11:04 PM
Community Guy

Here we go with the draft baby!

Curious to see #2-6.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jun 28, 2023, 11:49 PM

Habs.

No Will Smith or Michkov, and the guy they got Price was too drunk to even remember his name. Glorious moment.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2023, 1:17 AM

Canucks get another Swede what a surprise.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2023, 1:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berklon View Post
Habs.

No Will Smith or Michkov, and the guy they got Price was too drunk to even remember his name. Glorious moment.
Haha ya not much hype coming out of Montreal anymore.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2023, 1:19 AM

Jets take sniper Colby Barlow 12 game winning goals in 59 games very clutch.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2023, 4:00 AM
Go Chiefs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berklon View Post
Habs.

Today is EXACTLY why we are the laughing stock of the NHL.

Kent Hughes can GTFO. I gave him a little bit more than a year, he failed. I was OK with the Dach trade. I don't hate it but I don't like it either. However, the Slaf pick over Logan Cooley was bad. Filip Mesar is barely a PPG in the OHL which is not good for a 1st rounder. And now this is just the cherry on top. Who is going to score goals other than Suzuki and Caufield?

He is such a genius he also traded for Alex Newhook who has a whopping 30 pts the last 2 seasons and gave up the 31st and 37th overall picks. So now the "rebuilding" team's next pick is 69th.

Maybe I will have to boycott the team until competent management is in place. Or maybe the problem is Geoff Molson who needs to sell the team.

Thankfully my Chiefs will fill the void this fall.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2023, 6:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Today is EXACTLY why we are the laughing stock of the NHL.

Kent Hughes can GTFO. I gave him a little bit more than a year, he failed. I was OK with the Dach trade. I don't hate it but I don't like it either. However, the Slaf pick over Logan Cooley was bad. Filip Mesar is barely a PPG in the OHL which is not good for a 1st rounder. And now this is just the cherry on top. Who is going to score goals other than Suzuki and Caufield?

He is such a genius he also traded for Alex Newhook who has a whopping 30 pts the last 2 seasons and gave up the 31st and 37th overall picks. So now the "rebuilding" team's next pick is 69th.

Maybe I will have to boycott the team until competent management is in place. Or maybe the problem is Geoff Molson who needs to sell the team.

Thankfully my Chiefs will fill the void this fall.
OH NO ! You will boycott the team ??? How will they be able to go on ???

Aren't you overreacting? You got angry at Bergevin for trading Subban without asking you, you said it was the worst trade ever. Not only it wasn't the disaster you said it would be, it was even a good trade in the end. I am disappointed too, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2023, 11:43 AM

Like as was observed last year, Leafs continuing their proud tradition of leaving up playoff banners well after they were eliminated so they can pretend to know what it feels like to make deep runs into the playoffs.

There is a building at Yonge and St. Clair I inspected that still has the signage from a major tenant on the side that vacated in February. At least with that you know it would cost many thousands of dollars to take down and you don't want to take it down and give the impression that the building is losing occupancy and vibrancy. As for the Leafs, I'm not sure how you explain not getting one or two maintenance guys from the ACC to just pull down the banners. TBF, perhaps they have to coordinate with the city folks and you know how that goes. Of course, they're quick to put them up, but take them down? A whole other story.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2023, 3:24 PM

^^^Ya thats embarrassing and I would give Roger's Arena shit too if we did that in Vancouver.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2023, 4:07 PM

Are those banners a Leafs issue? That's south of the Gardiner from the SBA, not MLSE property.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2023, 4:52 PM

I would assume it's MLSE. They put Insigne banners there when they signed him to TFC last year. The arena is that building on the north side of the Gardiner where the last banners are hanging.

I too feel it is embarrassing to have them hanging up still. Even one week after elimination.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2023, 3:48 AM
Go Chiefs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxiK View Post
OH NO ! You will boycott the team ??? How will they be able to go on ???

Aren't you overreacting? You got angry at Bergevin for trading Subban without asking you, you said it was the worst trade ever. Not only it wasn't the disaster you said it would be, it was even a good trade in the end. I am disappointed too, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
I will keep track of scores and stats and probably watch highlights. If I am home and nothing is on the TV and I might even put the game on but it will be more as a background. I am not gonna be involved in the game or anything.

Subban for Weber was not a good trade. Subban did more for Nashville then Weber did for Montreal. After that trade happened, Habs made the playoffs the year after because Markov was still there as the #1 D. Once Bergevin decided to not offer him a contract and Weber became the #1 D, Habs NEVER made the playoffs again (save for the COVID anomalies)

Hughes lost his mind today...

He picked 3 goalies... YES 3!, 2 Russians... I guess those are fine but not Michkov...
He also picked the brother of Arber Xhekaj, Florian. I mean it's pick #101 so it's no big deal but it was still a reach at that position vs the rankings.

How is it even possible for a team to pick 3 goalies out of the 9 picks?

Last edited by Nicko999; Jun 30, 2023 at 4:01 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada