HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Oct 13, 2006, 1:36 PM

Thumbs up The Terrace, "Gateway on massive steroids"

Daily Herald

Janelle Leatherwood is pleased.

A Kindermusic instructor teaching out of her Hunter Chase home, she said her property has increased over $30,000 in value, since they purchased it 18 months ago and she expects it will increase even more with the planned development of The Terrace.

"I'm excited about (The Terrace)," she said. "I just wish it was here now instead of in 2008."

Dubbed "a cross between the Gateway and the Shops at the Riverwoods on massive steroids" by Steven Roll, Lehi Area Chamber of Commerce member, the four million plus square feet of retail space and 150-acre development will be located southeast of Cabela's just off of SR 92. Initial plans include business parks, recreation space, a performing and cultural arts center, restaurants and cinemas. Oh, and plenty of retail shopping for the high-end and moderate income consumer.

With statewide media broadcasting the announcement and state dignitaries and other guest officials joining in the accolades for the lates commercial feather in Lehi's cap one would suppose Lehi residents, like Leatherwood, would be excited about the project. But there is a more practical side inherent in some Lehi consumers.

"I'm more excited about Costco, because that's where I go shopping," Bebbie Bartlett said. "It does mean more revenue to Lehi, more taxes. Maybe this will get our roads built." (Costco, a consumer discount club, has just opened
across from the American Fork, "The Meadows" on State Street and is located adjacement to a new Lowe's).

"Wow, for me I'd be happy about it: I've been to the Gateway once or twice," said former Lehi resident Karli Poyfair, now of Orem. "I'm pretty much pro shopping. Not having to go to Salt Lake would be fun

Last edited by delts145; Oct 13, 2006 at 5:44 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West