HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 4:01 AM

Dalian on the Park - 10 floors - 22nd and Pennsylvania Ave

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 4:09 AM

Mormon Temple - 17th and Vine

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 4:10 AM

Broad & Callowhill - two 6 floors apartment/retail buildings

East Building

West building

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 4:20 AM

The Collins - 1100 Block of Chestnut - 7 floors

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 11:59 AM

This project is awesome, I just don't like how projects like this give the impression that this is a midrise neighborhood. This should be a highrise neighborhood with it's regional rail access etc.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 2:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
This project is awesome, I just don't like how projects like this give the impression that this is a midrise neighborhood. This should be a highrise neighborhood with it's regional rail access etc.
It's only a matter of time. These will bring energy and people to the street and spur demand for new high rises nearby.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 9:37 PM

Philadelphia at the top in Higher Ed. again . Villanova rated best under grad business school by Bloomberg Business . http://www.bloomberg.com/features/20...iness-schools/

Old Posted Apr 20, 2016, 1:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
I think East Chestnut has been seen as a gamble for some time, and this is decent infill. Once East Market is finished and there are more residents on the sidewalks on Chestnut, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Chestnut portion of the Girard Trust Block get a high-rise. The Gayborhood is definitely in tradition, and it's nice to see Chestnut Street improving. I think it will tie in nicely with Market East and ultimately north to Chinatown. I just hope some authentic semblance of the Gayborhood and Chinatown can survive all the changes.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2016, 8:07 AM

Neighborhood group endorses Kensington apartment project
http://www.philly.com/philly/busines...t_project.html

Old Posted Apr 20, 2016, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowbat2 View Post
EKNA, East Kensington Neighborhood Association, has our thinking caps on. We’re very forward thinking about how we want the community to look in the future.

Front St and Frankford Ave both being commercial corridors with some density around them to support businesses. Then everything between the commercial corridors being a blended income community that is walkable, safe, and artistic.

For anyone looking to purchase property and wanting to live in a pro-growth neighborhood, feel free to check out East Kensington which is between Trenton Ave, Lehigh Ave, Norris St, and Front St.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2016, 2:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowbat2 View Post
This project is very exciting for that area. It is going to really help fill in the upper reaches of Frankford Ave. below Lehigh!

Old Posted Apr 20, 2016, 3:26 PM

I noticed scaffolding going up at 30th st station and sure enough they're finally moving forward on the facade restoration:

Quote:
PHILADELPHIA – Amtrak plans to continue work this spring to restore the facade of Philadelphia 30th Street Station to its former glory. This project is one of several upgrades at the transportation hub completed or now underway to improve the passenger experience, tend to the long-term infrastructure needs of the nearly 100 year-old building and improve pedestrian mobility in and around the facility. These upgrades represent more than $90 million in total capital investment.
http://media.amtrak.com/2016/03/faca...-set-to-begin/

Old Posted Apr 20, 2016, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamShatter View Post
EKNA, East Kensington Neighborhood Association, has our thinking caps on. We’re very forward thinking about how we want the community to look in the future.

Front St and Frankford Ave both being commercial corridors with some density around them to support businesses. Then everything between the commercial corridors being a blended income community that is walkable, safe, and artistic.

For anyone looking to purchase property and wanting to live in a pro-growth neighborhood, feel free to check out East Kensington which is between Trenton Ave, Lehigh Ave, Norris St, and Front St.
The best neighborhoods in Philly are not the homogenous row homes areas. They are the neighborhoods with a strong retail, mixed density main street surrounded by single family row homes. I'm happy your neighborhood sees how important it is. Many other neighborhoods, south kensington, are becoming much less accepting of anything that isnt a townhome.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2016, 4:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelcago View Post
I noticed scaffolding going up at 30th st station and sure enough they're finally moving forward on the facade restoration:

That's great. I was hopeful when I saw that scaffolding the other day.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2016, 11:45 PM

Temple officially breaks ground on New Library

http://www.phillymag.com/property/20...n/#gallery-2-2

Old Posted Apr 20, 2016, 11:49 PM

CDR Submission - 1111 S. Broad - 6 floors - apartments/ground floor retail

PDF:
http://www.phila.gov/CityPlanning/pr...ion_ALL_v1.pdf

Old Posted Apr 21, 2016, 3:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamShatter View Post

Love hearing this. Density is great at 178 units. I'm curious to know how many parking spaces there are. I see it's 4 blocks from a stop on the El, one block from Lehigh Ave (which is getting protected bike lanes), and a few Zipcar vehicles nearby.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2016, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post

PDF:
http://www.phila.gov/CityPlanning/pr...ion_ALL_v1.pdf
I actually really dig this...it aesthetically fits into the neighborhood and it will make south of Washington really look appealing. We could definitely use more projects like this. For reference, this is the building/lot it will be replacing:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/11...6be186!6m1!1e1

Old Posted Apr 21, 2016, 1:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelcago View Post

Yes! With all the buzz Philadelphia is getting and its planned investment over the next 25 years, Amtrak must have finally decided this was worth it.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2016, 1:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post

This project exemplifies the type of buildings that should line our commercial arteries outside of Center City's core (South/North Broad, Washington, Girard, Fairmount, South Street, etc.). I also like the design. It's nothing that will drop jaws, but it goes to show how red brick can be used in a way that respects the surrounding area without falling into that faux traditional design trap. This would fit in just as nice in Old City or Society Hill.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development