HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jul 10, 2020, 3:16 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

The former Jean's Restaurant/Kinja Sushi on St George Street will be home of downtown Moncton's third Indian restaurant - India King.

https://www.facebook.com/INDIA-KING-...c_location=ufi

Quote:
Looking for a restaurant that serves delicious North Indian, South Indian food with a Choice of Bombay Street food with 23 years of expertise in the food industry and after earning a name for himself in Moncton, Chef Sandeep(Sandy) is happy to announce the opening of his restaurant INDIA KING (Family Restaurant and Bar). It is conveniently located on St.George Street , Moncton and has free parking for more than 30 Cars.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2020, 4:01 AM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
The former Jean's Restaurant/Kinja Sushi on St George Street will be home of downtown Moncton's third Indian restaurant - India King.

https://www.facebook.com/INDIA-KING-...c_location=ufi
I wish them luck that's a hard spot to keep a restaurant. Kinja barley lasted a few months.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2020, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewber View Post
I wish them luck that's a hard spot to keep a restaurant. Kinja barley lasted a few months.
I never had the opportunity to visit Kinja so I don't know how busy they were,, however I've been told by others in the restaurant industry that they were doing a good business when the owner suddenly died not long after they opened.
I'm told he was a very hands on proiprietor, and with no heir, the restaurant died with him.
Jean's,, on the other hand, lasted at that location for many decades.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2020, 2:35 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I see that all the windows in the Higgins Block across Botsford from city hall on Main have now been replaced. What a difference!

Old Posted Jul 10, 2020, 3:45 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The sports dome at the CN Sportsplex is getting a new inflatable vinyl roof, and a new name - the iA Securities Sports Dome (this is the parent company of Hollis Wealth, so there has been no actual change in sponsorship).

Quote:
Though the timing could not have been worst for us, the SportsDome is moving forward with its scheduled bubble replacement starting July 13th. The structure will be replaced with a new vinyl, doors and fixtures along with sporting a new livery from iA Securities, the parent company of HollisWealth.

The whole process will take less then two weeks! The new SportsDome material will arrive in 4 large sections which are bolted together. New steel cables are run to hold all of the uplift created by the building to the ground. Most of this work is done by hand on one day called the ‘Big Pull’ since the material is too delicate and requires too much finesse to be handled by machinery. Finally, a wooden wedge is hammered along the contour of the building to seal in the edge within a special channel. Once that is completed, we just add air…

Old Posted Jul 11, 2020, 1:37 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The Centennial Park Pool is finally open!

Old Posted Jul 11, 2020, 2:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
Fusion Commercial Properties have a request before the July PAC regarding the Higgins block. They're doing a 3m x 6m addition at the back of the building for an emergency staircase. The request is for aluminium cladding on the addition, but it looks like wood and closely matches the colour of the building.
It's good to see the redevelopment of this property going forward. But with so many people shifting from office jobs to working from home, I wonder if Fusion will now make the upper floors residential units instead of commercial space. It seems that because of the virus, the demand for office space would now be flat.

https://www5.moncton.ca/docs/pac/PAC...a_679_Main.pdf
The product that they're using to clad this addition looks great and seems to be high quality. This is such an excellent redevelopment for the downtown. Those boarded up windows were an eyesore for years. Kudos to the developer.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2020, 2:49 PM
New Brunswick booster!

Quote:
I see that all the windows in the Higgins Block across Botsford from city hall on Main have now been replaced. What a difference!
Yeah...we need pictures!!!!!!!!

Old Posted Jul 11, 2020, 4:49 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Ask and ye shall be rewarded!

Old Posted Jul 11, 2020, 4:53 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Parc Gerald LeBlanc Park at Moncton City Hall

Stone work and landscaping is complete. Fixtures including benches and tables are yet to be installed.

This should be a popular gathering place in the downtown core.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2020, 6:26 PM
New Brunswick booster!

Quote:

Ask and ye shall be rewarded
Thank you! It looks stunning!

Old Posted Jul 13, 2020, 6:25 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Tower crane is being installed this afternoon.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2020, 11:36 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Crane is now up. It is however a "mini" tower crane - a big one, but not a full fledged tower crane per se............

Old Posted Jul 16, 2020, 2:20 PM

Well I was driving on Main Street this morning and happened to look over at the Harper property next to Staples. There was a pick-up truck with a trailer that had a small backhoe on it and two men were standing there. And this was pretty much right in the middle of the property. Could something finally be happening here?

Old Posted Jul 16, 2020, 2:37 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Well I was driving on Main Street this morning and happened to look over at the Harper property next to Staples. There was a pick-up truck with a trailer that had a small backhoe on it and two men were standing there. And this was pretty much right in the middle of the property. Could something finally be happening here?
That's the presumption. Whatever it is, I have a feeling that many people will be disappointed. The expectations for this property were initially so high.......

Old Posted Jul 16, 2020, 3:31 PM

Quote:
That's the presumption. Whatever it is, I have a feeling that many people will be disappointed. The expectations for this property were initially so high.......
My gut tells me the same thing. There were previous plans that talked about 10 floors, but I'd be surprised if that's what happens at this site. It's such a great location for a significant development though. A fivefive type project would be great here. Time will tell.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2020, 3:47 PM

Quote:
My gut tells me the same thing. There were previous plans that talked about 10 floors, but I'd be surprised if that's what happens at this site. It's such a great location for a significant development though. A fivefive type project would be great here. Time will tell.
Some of the earlier renders had up to 14 stories for this site, but now, I wouldn't be surprised to see between 4 and 6. I'm sure any interest earlier this year from Double Tree or any other hotel chain has dried up with the pandemic.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2020, 4:00 PM

The new Moncton RCMP development project just took a heritage twist. While excavating the site, they discovered one, possibly two locomotive turntables buried about 2-3 feet below the top surface.

They are in the process of cleaning the discovery as mush as they can to document the find, then remove the stone turntable foundations. Photos coming soon.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2020, 4:18 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Very interesting!! Looking forward to the photos.

This is actually a very large site. I drove by the other day and there is certainly a lot of earth moving going on.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2020, 5:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackYear View Post
The new Moncton RCMP development project just took a heritage twist. While excavating the site, they discovered one, possibly two locomotive turntables buried about 2-3 feet below the top surface.

They are in the process of cleaning the discovery as mush as they can to document the find, then remove the stone turntable foundations. Photos coming soon.
There should be two. A 70' and a 90'.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces