HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jul 8, 2020, 5:29 PM
Starring as himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festivus View Post
Nice!

Scary projections out of the US today. Now projecting daily deaths will double by June 1st to 3,000 per day, and new death ranges are from 120k-240k, rather than 60k+ (they've already passed that, obviously). NYC and area is dropping, but the rest of the country is rising fast. Possibility of 200,000 new cases per day by June.

Even worse, the 3,000 deaths per day is at the 50% margin. So far deaths have been in the 97% percentile from previous projections. If that repeated, the US will have 15,000 deaths per day by mid-June.
And the real figure in early July was in the low hundreds.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2020, 8:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy6 View Post
Yeah Looking at the June 1 numbers In particular it was at 20,000 new cases and deaths in the hundreds.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2020, 2:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy6 View Post
Absolutely, the lockdowns had an effect...unfortunately the death count is now back up to 900/day and rising, with total deaths over 130,000.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2020, 12:59 AM
Orig. frm Alpha Pectaurus

I'm not sure I've got the whole story here.

Premier Pallister and national PC leader Andrew Scheer are spotted at Airport and are seen (photographed) not wearing a mask. The leftist media are all over this story.

Then Pallister's office sends out a Press Release or perhaps its an "executive order" (or order in council) that exempts he and other polticians from mask wearing when they travel beyond Manitoba.

https://www.rebelnews.com/ezra_levant_show_july_09_2020

What is the REAL story going on here?

Old Posted Jul 10, 2020, 2:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilZebra View Post
I'm not sure I've got the whole story here.

Premier Pallister and national PC leader Andrew Scheer are spotted at Airport and are seen (photographed) not wearing a mask. The leftist media are all over this story.

Then Pallister's office sends out a Press Release or perhaps its an "executive order" (or order in council) that exempts he and other polticians from mask wearing when they travel beyond Manitoba.

https://www.rebelnews.com/ezra_levant_show_july_09_2020

What is the REAL story going on here?
The exemption is on the quarantine period when returning from travel out of province.

No matter how powerful Manitoba's Premier might think they are they can't legislate the provincial, municipal and mostly federal laws that govern airports in other jurisdictions (and even Manitoba).

Old Posted Jul 10, 2020, 2:39 PM

Are you even required to wear a mask?

You mentioned the "leftist' media and rebel in the same post. Looking for the face palm gif.. The media in Canada is vast majority Conservative biased. And Rebel is just a shit rag. I could only imagine the lather they've worked up over the WE day thing.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2020, 4:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post

You mentioned the "leftist' media and rebel in the same post. Looking for the face palm gif.. The media in Canada is vast majority Conservative biased. And Rebel is just a shit rag. I could only imagine the lather they've worked up over the WE day thing.
Pearson requires mask wearing, which I believe is where the picture was taken.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2020, 9:03 PM

I believe that Andrew Scheer removed his mask in order to drink a tall, cool, crisp glass of Canadian whole milk.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2020, 9:13 PM

Huge spike in Saskatchewan cases: https://www.cjme.com/2020/07/13/hold-july-13/

56 over the weekend, including 31 on Monday. Anecdotally in Regina, people have become complacent and relaxed. It doesn't help that pretty much everything is back open now and very few are wearing masks.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2020, 9:26 PM

Quote:

56 over the weekend, including 31 on Monday. Anecdotally in Regina, people have become complacent and relaxed. It doesn't help that pretty much everything is back open now and very few are wearing masks.
That'll happen when we went a month without a single confirmed case in Regina.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2020, 9:56 PM

Quote:

Noticed the same thing around Winnipeg. It's probably just a matter of time until the same thing happens here.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2020, 10:17 PM

Since May I feel like not many people at all give a shit about it. Very few people wear masks and a lot of social distancing has been out of the window since May.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2020, 1:01 AM
Orig. frm Alpha Pectaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post

I got a haircut on the weekend. Wasn't sure whether I as a customer would require a mask or not. Nope. The barber had one though. Doesn't make sense for both to have masks, since the both barber and client are facing the same direction.

And you'd not like The Rebel if you were of the left political persuasion. That's why I have a tonne of people on ignore here.

I used to love watching 24Hours CBC Winnipeg newscast in the 80s. I can't stand their local or national opinionated "news". CTV and Global aren't much different. Used to love to watch CKND's Manitoba Tonight with Jim Farrell and Marjorie Salkie in the 80s. Can't stand the current newscaasts.

Video Link

I could definately see someone with a Marxist persuasion call mainstream media "conservative", because anything to the right of Marxism is conservative in their eyes.

Last edited by LilZebra; Jul 14, 2020 at 1:22 AM.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2020, 12:42 PM

With covid numbers spiking in AB/SK, I wonder if we were a little too hasty in getting rid of the 14 day isolation requirement for travellers? If those provinces are adding new cases daily by the dozen, you have to wonder how long it will be before some of them reach us and start spreading here.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2020, 1:20 PM
What could go wrong?

We are down to one active case.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Jul 14, 2020, 1:41 PM

The media in Canada is biased towards the Canadian conservative party. People think because Trudeau's government gave the public national media company $600m in funding that they're his lapdog and are never critical of him. yet they write articles all the time that are heavily critical. Which is great.

Postmedia flat out stated that in the lead up to the last election. The rebel is run by Jewish hating racist pigs and are funded by Conservative interest groups. That's a no from me dawg.

https://torontoguardian.com/2019/06/...mish-marshall/

Back on topic. Jaques Marcoux used to do a number of analytical graphs on the daily avoid covid in Manitoba. But hasn't been doing that. Anyone know how many people are still being tested everyday? I don't believe we're actually at 0 cases. There must be some still out there, but are undiagnosed. Overall though, it appears there are no serious cases, hospitalizations and such. Which is awesome.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2020, 2:02 PM

^ It's probably the case that there are a few undiagnosed cases floating around out there. But the fact that there are no hospitalizations is a pretty clear objective measure that things are under control, for now. And despite the fact that we've become a little looser with our protocols over the last couple months (less adherence to social distancing, gathering in larger numbers, relatively little mask wearing), the fact remains that many opportunities for super-spreaders like really large gatherings, travel, big workplaces, etc. are still on hold.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2020, 2:08 PM
What could go wrong?

I think they have been doing 700 or so tests every day. That's the number for the last update yesterday.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Jul 14, 2020, 2:37 PM

Quote:

I watched yesterday's news conference announicing those disturbing new numbers and found it interesting. In Health Minister Jim Rieter's opening statement, he said that the government was working with the Hutterian Safety council to deal with the situation. But when asked for more specifics on the outbreaks in several RMs in the western part of the province, Chief Medical Health Officer Saqib Shahab simply referred to the outbreaks being common in "communal living" situations. He used "communal" frequently, though I don't recall him ever actually using the term Hutterrite colonies. So, I was left unsure if he was trying to not stigmatize Hutterrite communities or if the outbreak in those areas was significant outside of those communities.

There are currently a total of 13 cases in the Saskatoon & Regina districts, so, while not nearly as good as the Manitoba numbers the frquency of COVID in Saskatchewan's population at large is still not that great.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2020, 6:41 PM

5 cases in MB reported today.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan