HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 1:51 PM
-

Also looking at the press release from First Horizon it seems like they are splitting headquarters functions with NOLA being their regional banking headquarters.. im guessing will see some lafayette people being moved this way and to memphis.. either way overall good news with more jobs for nola

https://ir.fhnc.com/file/Index?KeyFile=400800531

New Company Governance and Leadership Team

The combined company will be headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., and will maintain a significant operating presence in all of the markets in which both companies operate today. The combined company’s regional banking headquarters will be located in New Orleans, La.

Also first planes land tonight at new airport!!!

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 7:52 PM
TL;DR

Don't love the idea of moving City Hall to the Auditorium. There's not much room around that site for law firms, contractors and other businesses that deal with the city. Those professionals would either face long walks or, more likely, just drive in. So the city would have to provide significant parking there... and if professionals have to drive anyway, why put up with the cost and hassle of downtown offices vs. locating in Metairie or something?

Such a move might reinvigorate the Auditorium, but at the expense of depressing the CBD office market somewhat and bringing a ton more traffic/parking to an area not equipped to handle it.

IMO, the city should move to a temporary facility and gut-rehab the existing building. New mechanical systems, new high-efficiency facade, maybe an annex on the upriver side to reduce crowding or put some departments into Charity.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 8:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sguil1 View Post
City Hall in New Orleans is decrepit, and there are two costly options to fix that problem

https://www.nola.com/news/politics/a...ba39fef8d.html
My 2 cents: Renovate the building and add an anex (w/ a pedestrian plaza) building next to Duncan Plaza. It's a great location imho

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 9:15 PM
NOLA Razorback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jccali1214 View Post
My 2 cents: Renovate the building and add an anex (w/ a pedestrian plaza) building next to Duncan Plaza. It's a great location imho
I agree

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 9:20 PM
-

I suppose 1010 common would be a perfect temp spot... saw a zv filed on the building so my guess is kailas may be selling it too

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 1:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
Also looking at the press release from First Horizon it seems like they are splitting headquarters functions with NOLA being their regional banking headquarters.. im guessing will see some lafayette people being moved this way and to memphis.. either way overall good news with more jobs for nola

The combined company will be headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., and will maintain a significant operating presence in all of the markets in which both companies operate today. The combined company’s regional banking headquarters will be located in New Orleans, La.

Without much press IberiaBank has quietly been moving more operations to New Orleans from Lafayette (they built some nice offices in Pan Am Center).

Namely, their CTO and CISO are both based locally (I.e. their major IT and Security leadership). This merger should maybe serve as a further push in that direction, though I am skeptical it will actually INCREASE their presence here. Probably just keep some important operations here and abandon Lafayette as anything but low level and mid level support/ops with maybe one or two E suite leaders sticking around.

Over time they’ll significantly shrink their presence in Lafayette and centralize in Memphis or (if we’re lucky) New Orleans. Or they get bought by an even bigger bank and nothing remains. Capital One’s presence in the city has shrank and shrank over the years. Same as Chase and Bank One. Bank mergers don’t benefit anyone except the bigger fish usually. And somehow, Memphis is a bigger fish here.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 3:45 AM

We're more likely to see Hancock Whitney consolidate all HQ ops here in New Orleans than to see First Horizon (formerly First Tennessee) move their HQ here. I do see the First Horizon regional banking ops being fairly significant though as there is more connectivity to markets in Florida from our airport. Memphis currently has no flight service to the Miami area.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 4:10 AM

Quote:

Figured they would, but good to see the airport launched a new website this evening as well: https://flymsy.com/. It includes an interactive facility map and just looks a lot more up-to-date in general.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 2:08 PM
-

From flying out this morning:

Had two friends depart this morning on a 735 am flight

got there at 549 am ... said from door to past security took under 3 minutes.. this person ha tsa pre cehck and clear.. but thats the point.. it is to be quick and it was

also said seemed like most all retail and fbos were open at that early time which makes it such a nice experience... also got a coffee with a shot of baileys from mopho..its those little things like that which will make this an amazing airport experience

Great to see stuff is open and operating early:

heres some video from this morning:

Some videos:

choppa style :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8rDONod6-Q

Second line:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEL3T5CsG4k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EAmXoXtzcA

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 2:25 PM
-

The Higgins Hotel:

Place looks beautiful!! Opens to non guests later this month

Provisions Cafe:

Cafe Normandie:

Kilroys:

VIP Lounge:

Common Areas:

Main Lobby Check In:

Valet Drop off and Pickup:

Rosies on the roof:

Exterior:

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 2:46 PM
-

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 2:48 PM
-

722 Girod:

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 2:51 PM
-

LSU Dorm:

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 6:14 PM
-

Nice to see BA going to 6 days a week ( not sundays) in march 2020

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 7:32 PM

Thanks for the pictures. Higgins hotel is really well done.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 7:35 PM

As an interested outsider, any updates of new info on Hard Rock causation? Thanks

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 7:44 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
As an interested outsider, any updates of new info on Hard Rock causation? Thanks
Nothing official has been released at this point but im sure the authorities and experts know more... as demo progresses and the situation improves expect all of that to come out.. especially during the lawsuits

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 8:45 PM

Great pics, thanks as always! I wish the Higgins Hotel was around when I lived right there. Looks so well done. I was shocked that all of the airport restaurants/stores were open this morning. I wonder if that will continue to be the case or just in the short term.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 8:49 PM
NOLA Razorback

Quote:
722 Girod:

I'm curious on this walking by everyday, since the facade of the old part collapsed that they were going to re-use in the front, I wonder if they're going to build a recreation? It was a really cool part of this (the facade next door is identical to what collapsed)

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 8:58 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaWave View Post
Great pics, thanks as always! I wish the Higgins Hotel was around when I lived right there. Looks so well done. I was shocked that all of the airport restaurants/stores were open this morning. I wonder if that will continue to be the case or just in the short term.
well from the leasing docs i read they get fined alot if they arent.. supposed to be open two hours before scheduled departure and not to close until last flight departs(even if delayed)

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations