HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Sep 22, 2021, 3:44 PM

Holidays- Thanksgiving 2021

Considering Thanksgiving is only in a few weeks more like 3 weeks...it makes me wonder what everyone's plans are for Turkey Day? But I wonder just what the restrictions will be this year or if we will even be able to celebrate Thanksgiving with our families immediate and extended families this year considering we were under lockdown last year and we couldn't.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2021, 3:54 PM
Road Engineer Wannabe

Friend’s birthday’s on the 8th, so I will stay in my area to celebrate with him.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2021, 3:57 PM

Most likely going to be with my mother, brother and my grandmother for Thanksgiving assuming it is strict restriction like last year but if not then most likely celebrate Thanksgiving at my cousin's house

Old Posted Sep 22, 2021, 4:01 PM

Does Ontario currently have restrictions or recommendations regarding private gatherings of only vaccinated individuals?

I will be picking up my SO from K-W and bringing her back to Ottawa to celebrate with her and her family, then my grandparents and mother's, and also going to my father's. Only her 11 year-old cousin is not double vaxxed so not really concerned at all. My vaccine hestiant cousin will not be coming around

Last year we didn't do anything for Thanksgiving.

I doubt Ford will increase any restrictions (not that most people would listen anymore) before Thanksgiving and cases have been trending done the past week as well.

According to Health Canada it's not much of an issue.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...-measures.html

Old Posted Sep 22, 2021, 4:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeggsEggs View Post
Does Ontario currently have restrictions or recommendations regarding private gatherings of only vaccinated individuals?

I will be picking up my SO from K-W and bringing her back to Ottawa to celebrate with her and her family, then my grandparents and mother's, and also going to my father's. Only her 11 year-old cousin is not double vaxxed so not really concerned at all. My vaccine hestiant cousin will not be coming around

Last year we didn't do anything for Thanksgiving.

I doubt Ford will increase any restrictions (not that most people would listen anymore) before Thanksgiving and cases have been trending done the past week as well.

According to Health Canada it's not much of an issue.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...-measures.html
I would hope that for Thanksgiving family gatherings that if you are trying to celebrate with your families or with your significant other or their families...that you have to be double vaccinated

Old Posted Sep 22, 2021, 4:10 PM
Midtowner since 2K

I'm sure I'll be working, not that I care. I'm not very big on holidays, or heck seeing family anymore becasue of the pandemic.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2021, 4:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralLeeTPHLS View Post
I'm sure I'll be working, not that I care. I'm not very big on holidays, or heck seeing family anymore becasue of the pandemic.
I hope we get some updates on Thanksgiving especially here in Ontario because I too am from Toronto

Old Posted Sep 22, 2021, 4:57 PM
Community Guy

Half the family one weekend (immunocompromised) and the other half the other weekend with our time possibly al fresco if nice enough.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Sep 23, 2021, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Half the family one weekend (immunocompromised) and the other half the other weekend with our time possibly al fresco if nice enough.
Of course that makes sense because if we can all get to celebrate Thanksgiving even somehow with our families it will be the first time in over 2 years pre pandemic that we even get to do that

Old Posted Sep 25, 2021, 1:06 AM
recession proof

Thanksgiving has kind of lost its meaning because I don't have anything to be thankful for. Every week I already eat turkey because with GERD, you shouldn't eat red meat. That means I eat chicken, turkey and fish. Ground turkey, roast turkey, turkey sausages, turkey meatballs, turkey burgers you name it I'm turkeyed out. However I may make an American Thanksgiving dinner this year.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2021, 2:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
I hope we get some updates on Thanksgiving especially here in Ontario because I too am from Toronto
There aren't any legal restrictions or recommendations this year (not there was any real legal impediment last year either). You don't need to wait for permission from Dougie to make Thanksgiving plans.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2021, 3:08 AM

Thanksgiving is usually the largest holiday of the year in my family and all the cousins and aunts uncles and nieces and nephews all get together for a massive feast with like 30 people.

Didn’t happen the last year obviously, and it appears one of the four families still aren’t fully comfortable doing it yet, conveniently the ones who usually host, so it looks like it won’t happen this year again.

It’s a shame as none of my family on that side is an “anti vaxxer” from my understanding and basically everyone is vaccinated so there isn’t really a lot of risk. But small thanksgiving it is with direct family.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2021, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innsertnamehere View Post
Thanksgiving is usually the largest holiday of the year in my family and all the cousins and aunts uncles and nieces and nephews all get together for a massive feast with like 30 people.

Didn’t happen the last year obviously, and it appears one of the four families still aren’t fully comfortable doing it yet, conveniently the ones who usually host, so it looks like it won’t happen this year again.

It’s a shame as none of my family on that side is an “anti vaxxer” from my understanding and basically everyone is vaccinated so there isn’t really a lot of risk. But small thanksgiving it is with direct family.
Hoping for a feast too with my family

Old Posted Sep 25, 2021, 9:31 PM

We're celebrating tomorrow as, due to a number of factors, we won't be able to get together on Thanksgiving itself. It's always a small gathering of just my immediate family, and really isn't more than a nice excuse to get together and visit each other and eat a nice meal. I like that it doesn't have the extra baggage that Christmas has.

We're mixing things up a bit this year and having brisket as our main course instead of turkey.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2021, 1:52 AM

I have relatives an hour east of Vancouver, we celebrated Thanksgiving together last year and we’ll probably do it again this year. We’re all double vaxxed.

I’ve already booked flights to Ontario for Christmas. My parents are both double vaxxed.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2021, 7:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamincan View Post
We're celebrating tomorrow as, due to a number of factors, we won't be able to get together on Thanksgiving itself. It's always a small gathering of just my immediate family, and really isn't more than a nice excuse to get together and visit each other and eat a nice meal. I like that it doesn't have the extra baggage that Christmas has.

We're mixing things up a bit this year and having brisket as our main course instead of turkey.

Early Thanksgiving no? I mean pretty early but even so I think that's a great tradition to have

Old Posted Sep 26, 2021, 7:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamincan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny_santos View Post
I have relatives an hour east of Vancouver, we celebrated Thanksgiving together last year and we’ll probably do it again this year. We’re all double vaxxed.

I’ve already booked flights to Ontario for Christmas. My parents are both double vaxxed.

Again at least hoping we all can celebrate wit our families this year

Old Posted Sep 26, 2021, 11:44 AM

Last year our two family bubbles were separate at Thanksgiving for dinner......but then moved into the living room for a 'Zoom Dessert'. We set up the computer on the coffee table and just sat around and talked while we had our pumpkin pie!

We did the same for Christmas.

This year we are all double vaxxed so the two family bubbles will get together but we're still keeping it very small.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2021, 5:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
Again at least hoping we all can celebrate wit our families this year
We’ll all be able to, barring any of us or our families contracting the virus. I’m not asking Doug Ford for permission to visit Ontario this year, I certainly didn’t ask his permission last Christmas either (in that case I self-isolated for 10 days prior to travel and barely left the house while in Ontario).

Old Posted Sep 27, 2021, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny_santos View Post
We’ll all be able to, barring any of us or our families contracting the virus. I’m not asking Doug Ford for permission to visit Ontario this year, I certainly didn’t ask his permission last Christmas either (in that case I self-isolated for 10 days prior to travel and barely left the house while in Ontario).

Exactly I am going to celebrate with my extended family but probably going to keep it small but for Christmas probably test the waters with a bigger family gathering assuming numbers don't go up by then

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada