HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jun 26, 2021, 3:46 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

New restaurant coming to McLaughlin Place - Indish Bar and Grill, which, as the name suggests, appears to be yet another new Indian restaurant.

This comes hot on the heels of Hurry Curry at the ThriftLodge on Mountain Road, and the soon to be opened Empyrean Bar & Grill at the Champlain Plaza in Dieppe.

Three new Indian restaurants in the space of 4-6 weeks. Will they all survive???

Old Posted Jun 27, 2021, 4:07 AM

I think this is the right thread. Unless this is what MonctonRad was talking about in the Dieppe thread for the land being cleared.

https://www.trucknews.com/equipment/...on/1003151883/

Old Posted Jun 27, 2021, 11:53 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeffery View Post
I think this is the right thread. Unless this is what MonctonRad was talking about in the Dieppe thread for the land being cleared.

https://www.trucknews.com/equipment/...on/1003151883/
Thanks, we were already aware of Manac, They're building in the new Moncton East Business Park, adjacent to the TCH. The lot I was talking about being cleared on Aviation Blvd, is in the industrial parkland adjacent to the airport controlled by the Dieppe Industrial Park.

The Moncton East Business Park opened last year, and already three new businesses have been built. At least another three are either under construction, or soon to be built. Many more lots have been sold. The park is building out so quickly that MID has secured property on the SW corner of the TCH-11/15 interchange for yet another industrial park. Finally, the Metepenagiag First Nation has purchased land on the SE corner of the Harrisville Blvd interchange for their own business park. Land clearing and service installation is underway.

I know you have Moncton roots, but now live in London. If you haven't been home recently, you will find the changes along the TCH around Moncton breathtaking. The TCH is transitioning from being a bypass to being a throughway! There is development occurring along almost the entire length of the highway from Mountain Road to the 11/15 interchange. In the short section from the Mountain Road exit to the Mapleton exit, there are currently three tower cranes visible - crazy!

Last edited by MonctonRad; Jun 27, 2021 at 12:04 PM.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2021, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

I know you have Moncton roots, but now live in London. If you haven't been home recently, you will find the changes along the TCH around Moncton breathtaking. The TCH is transitioning from being a bypass to being a throughway! There is development occurring along almost the entire length of the highway from Mountain Road to the 11/15 interchange. In the short section from the Mountain Road exit to the Mapleton exit, there are currently three tower cranes visible - crazy!
It sure has changed. I haven't been back in quite a while, the last time I flew in they still had the old terminal lol and it's been over 10 years since we last drove down east. My mom lives in Shediac but always comes to Ontario and my dad used to live in Halifax but moved to London (hope he doesn't regret that move as I always figured I would do the reverse lol), so my reasons for going there aren't as strong now. My grandparents house was at Pascal and Champlain in Dieppe, and it seemed like the middle of nowhere when you came from the airport, which also felt like the middle of nowhere lol. I'm sure I would be totally lost there now lol.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2021, 12:44 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Traffic lights have been installed at the Lewisville Rd/Pleasant St intersection. They have not yet been activated.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2021, 9:07 AM

Quote:
Traffic lights have been installed at the Lewisville Rd/Pleasant St intersection. They have not yet been activated.
Grew up near there (as my handle might indicate) - blind hill, close eyes and squeal tires and say a prayer kind of left turn. Similar to where I live now, near Jones Lake, the Givan and West Main intersection...

Old Posted Jun 29, 2021, 2:16 PM

Now just create a better way to get to the bottom of the Humphrey Brook trail other than a brave left hander from the middle lane. (bicycle)

Old Posted Jun 29, 2021, 4:15 PM

I would have prefered a round-a-bout there. Feels like gonna be a bottle neck with 3 intersections so close to each other

Old Posted Jun 30, 2021, 1:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkuta View Post
Now just create a better way to get to the bottom of the Humphrey Brook trail other than a brave left hander from the middle lane. (bicycle)
At least they craved out a ramp into the sidewalk at the tail entrance.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2021, 2:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by habskilla View Post
At least they craved out a ramp into the sidewalk at the tail entrance.
Yup. Used to have to go wrong-way up the sidewalk from the bottom of Elmwood.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2021, 3:00 PM

Apparently Elmwood at lewisville road is being turned into double turning lane per this picture on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=...44205505659501

Old Posted Jul 5, 2021, 3:08 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs33 View Post
Apparently Elmwood at lewisville road is being turned into double turning lane per this picture on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=...44205505659501
I wonder if this will cause any congestion in northbound traffic at the bottom of Elmwood?

Old Posted Jul 6, 2021, 2:25 AM

Last edited by L'homard; Jul 6, 2021 at 12:22 PM.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2021, 2:39 AM

Would someone be so kind as to post the picture? Facebook just keeps telling me the link is dead.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2021, 9:55 AM

I was surprised when I drove up to that last night but I don't think it will be bad. Its a short double lane but it does mean that the right turn from Lewisville that some people already treated as a yield has become one. The light behavior is unique though, its now both a green left arrow + green light which then turns red where the incoming traffic from across then gets its own short green. (presumably because few people actually go straight down Elmwood onto the end of it.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2021, 7:50 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

They have started clearing land for the new Walmart Distribution Centre in the Caledonia Industrial Park.

Last edited by MonctonRad; Jul 22, 2021 at 4:22 PM.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2021, 7:58 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

They are beginning to lay concrete curbing for the internal road network at the new business park south of the TCH, off of Harrisville Blvd owned by the Metepenagiag First Nation.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2021, 4:23 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
They have started clearing land for the new Walmart Distribution Centre in the Caledonia Industrial Park.
The lot is just about entirely cleared now. It's massive! They could probably supply the Irving pulp plant in Saint John for a week with the number of trees they took down!

A reliable source has informed me that official ground breaking for this project will be around August 15th. The Walmart Canada CEO will be in town for the event.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2021, 5:31 PM

Quote:
The lot is just about entirely cleared now. It's massive! They could probably supply the Irving pulp plant in Saint John for a week with the number of trees they took down!

A reliable source has informed me that official ground breaking for this project will be around August 15th. The Walmart Canada CEO will be in town for the event.
Yep I got same info Moncton rad

Old Posted Jul 23, 2021, 1:24 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

They've been doing substantial digging and grading along the edge of the eastbound TCH just east of the Moncton East Business Park for the last 4-6 weeks or so. It's now pretty clear what they are up to.

They are installing on/off ramps on the eastbound TCH leading to Price Street and the business park. This project flew under the radar. I had no idea it was being planned. If I was to guess, I suspect this is because this is a "private" project funded by MID, similar to the Harrisville interchange with the TCH, which was also a "private" MID project.

Speaking of the Harrisville interchange, I would say they are starting the realignment of the eastbound onramp onto the TCH from Harrisville, to allow for the road access into the Metepenagiag FN business park (see the diagram in the post above for the new alignment).

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces