HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jan 20, 2010, 11:58 PM
Charismatic Stallion

I think you guys are far overestimating how bad this building is. In real life (pictures don't really do it justice) the facade is palatable at least. It is made with very good looking glass and it true shines. It is a slab, and the "brick" thing is less than desirable, but I can't say that it is truly a hideous monstrosity as you people claim it is.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2010, 2:00 AM
Brooklyn, New York

Now there is more of a reason to put up more skyscrapers (not residential) in the MetroTech/Downtown Brooklyn area. To cover this one up!

Old Posted Jan 30, 2010, 9:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
http://www.brownstoner.com/brownston...h_to_liv_1.php

Brooklyner 20% Rented, Move-Ins Underway

December 28, 2009

The Brooklyner, aka 111 Lawrence Street, aka the new tallest building in the borough, hit the market last month and about 20 percent of the 490 units are rented already, according to a rep for the building. What's more, the first tenants began moving in last week. As for how much it costs: Brooklyner's site has the cheapest unit, a 402-square-foot studio, going for $1,450, and the priciest line of units, 976-square-foot two-bedrooms, starting at $2,995. (It doesn't look like these rates include concessions, such as one or two months of free rent, but we're not 100% on that.) Of course, the Brooklyner has plenty of competition right now, with Avalon Fort Greene, 80 Dekalb and Brooklyn Gold all renting brand-new Downtown apartments too.
So I guess this one is complete then?

Dec 28 2009... aww, the day I moved into my North Philly apartment and got mugged on my doorstep

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive