HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Aug 20, 2020, 4:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Some Fun (Depending on how you look at it) Legal news.

Despite what your screeching family and friends on Facebook say, as they all became doctors and epidemiologists sometime back in April, States DO NOT have legal authority for this kind of lock down orders.

These types of lawsuits over COVID measures will go on for DECADES and will cost states BILLIONS. Oh man I wish I became an attorney they are going to clean up.

Decades from now we will be seeing late night commercials that say "Did you or a loved one forgo voluntary Treatment during the COVID pandemic" or "Were you are a loved one forced into bankruptcy during the COVID pandemic" my god it will never ever end.

More than 100 bar owners join lawsuit against Ducey
Many other State's Supreme Courts (New Mexico, for example) disagree already as many of them have already granted stays and overturned Lower Court's decisions to re-open restaurants/bars/gyms.

But Yeah you're right. One would be making a killing right now if they were an Attorney. I can just see it now "Were you a Teacher that was forced back to work in an unsafe and unhealthy environment with no appropriate safety measures and/or funding due to Parents being lazy and not wanting to deal with their own kids at home?!"

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest