HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Yesterday, 12:39 PM

Condo tower at 37 S. Sangamon was approved by the plan commission: https://urbanize.city/chicago/post/c...rk-37-sangamon

Really happy to see this one moving forward to create a really nice streetscape around the park there. I worked down the block up until recently and that empty lot created a really gaping hole.

Can someone help me out here, though--I've never been able to figure the milestones for buildings. After Plan Commission approval, is it usually on the City Council's next agenda, and then if approved it can get a permit to start construction? And if a zoning change is required, the zoning approval comes before plan commission approval?

Old Posted Yesterday, 12:54 PM
The City

^ Plan Commision approves zoning change, then city council signs off.

Then permits.

The 2 barriers of any project are zoning and financing.

So now all that matters is that they meet their presale requirements to lock in financing. I bet that they will. Homes and Condos seem to really be on fire right now

Interestingly, anecdotally I have a lot of tenants who want to move out to buy a home but they can’t because literally they either can’t find a home or they aren’t sure if their offer will be accepted due to how heated the market is right now. So in a sense, the lack of home inventory is keeping a logjam in place forcing people to continue renting.

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:18 PM

It's interesting how much density has built up around that park in West Loop. A good thing.

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handro View Post
Condo tower at 37 S. Sangamon was approved by the plan commission: https://urbanize.city/chicago/post/c...rk-37-sangamon

Really happy to see this one moving forward to create a really nice streetscape around the park there. I worked down the block up until recently and that empty lot created a really gaping hole.

Can someone help me out here, though--I've never been able to figure the milestones for buildings. After Plan Commission approval, is it usually on the City Council's next agenda, and then if approved it can get a permit to start construction? And if a zoning change is required, the zoning approval comes before plan commission approval?
great to see parking is conceded by active use space

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
^ Plan Commision approves zoning change, then city council signs off.

Then permits.

The 2 barriers of any project are zoning and financing.

So now all that matters is that they meet their presale requirements to lock in financing. I bet that they will. Homes and Condos seem to really be on fire right now

Interestingly, anecdotally I have a lot of tenants who want to move out to buy a home but they can’t because literally they either can’t find a home or they aren’t sure if their offer will be accepted due to how heated the market is right now. So in a sense, the lack of home inventory is keeping a logjam in place forcing people to continue renting.
WSJ cites there is a deficit of 4 million homes in the US right now to meet current buyer demand. Buyers are going to have to consider areas they would not normally consider, keep renting, or pay more.

Old Posted Yesterday, 3:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by west-town-brad View Post
great to see parking is conceded by active use space
It was such a nice vacant lot ...... 2018

Old Posted Today, 1:27 AM
1st Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handro View Post

I love the massing. Very art-deco-esque with its wedding cake setbacks.

Build it!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations