HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jan 3, 2021, 11:32 PM

Old Posted Jan 3, 2021, 11:35 PM

Old Posted Jan 4, 2021, 3:59 PM

I'll bump my question in case no one saw it as it got sandwiched between CB1's excellent photos

Has anyone seen any signs that the Omni will still happen?

Old Posted Jan 4, 2021, 5:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soled View Post
I'll bump my question in case no one saw it as it got sandwiched between CB1's excellent photos

My assumption would be that it would happen when there is light at the end of the Rona tunnel.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2021, 2:44 PM

Anyone know what's the latest on the squatter land?

Old Posted Jan 5, 2021, 5:32 PM

From Novus website.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2021, 6:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post
My assumption would be that it would happen when there is light at the end of the Rona tunnel.
That would be the conventional wisdom I had been leaning toward last spring when covid hit and it looked like all these major projects in downtown Phx and downtown Tempe would come to a grinding halt.

But it's been a crazy year, here, in light of all that, so that's why my curiosity is peaking on the Omni.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2021, 7:37 PM

I think despite all this great development over the past few years I’m most disappointed that the Hayden Mill was never restored until a hotel as planned. Also never heard anything recently about finding a new developer and plan for the Mill. Anyone heard a peep?

Old Posted Jan 5, 2021, 9:36 PM

Quote:
I think despite all this great development over the past few years I’m most disappointed that the Hayden Mill was never restored until a hotel as planned. Also never heard anything recently about finding a new developer and plan for the Mill. Anyone heard a peep?
Not a peep. One of the people that worked designing the most recent plan was an acquaintance/friend-of-a-friend, and he said when he would mention to people he was working on the Mill people would laugh and make comments like "oh so you're the latest one." I think there's a long history of failed proposals there, with this one being the latest. Too bad because like you say it was a great plan that would make a big impact on the area.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2021, 9:42 PM

Hayden Mill

Quote:
Two projects have never got off the ground.

So after two proposals were aborted on this you have to wonder if the silo conversion to hotel rooms or offices just not cost feasible. Does anyone have any background on this?

Old Posted Jan 5, 2021, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soled View Post
In plan review for building permit: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/Shortlis...6abf93b858f508

Old Posted Jan 6, 2021, 1:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSunDevil View Post
In plan review for building permit: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/Shortlis...6abf93b858f508
Interesting to me that Omni, Hilo, and 100 Mill hotel are all in review for building permits. They will really make a big impact on Mill.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2021, 4:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalzonie View Post
Interesting to me that Omni, Hilo, and 100 Mill hotel are all in review for building permits. They will really make a big impact on Mill.
Agree! The unique thing is that up until this point, none of the hotel or residential development has taken place directly on mill. All three of these are facing mill. You are right in that it will do wonders for the street presence, while I also think it should greatly help the retail on mill.

Would be nice to see a few condo developments that would ensure year-round residents downtown.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2021, 3:06 PM

Quote:
Agree! The unique thing is that up until this point, none of the hotel or residential development has taken place directly on mill. All three of these are facing mill. You are right in that it will do wonders for the street presence, while I also think it should greatly help the retail on mill.

Would be nice to see a few condo developments that would ensure year-round residents downtown.
Mirabella technically is a condo development so that will bring 500+ more mature-aged residents to the downtown area whom all most likely have money to spend at nearby restaurants/retail. I agree there should be more!

Old Posted Jan 6, 2021, 3:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RE View Post
Mirabella technically is a condo development so that will bring 500+ more mature-aged residents to the downtown area whom all most likely have money to spend at nearby restaurants/retail. I agree there should be more!
Good point, I guess I just didnt' imagine the people there really being able to leave. I thought it was basically like a long-term care facility. But if they're buying them then you are probably right.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2021, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Good point, I guess I just didnt' imagine the people there really being able to leave. I thought it was basically like a long-term care facility. But if they're buying them then you are probably right.
Mirabella is an age restricted condo tower. Its not assisted living or a nursery home, but they have facilities for when you get older you can be taken care of in your own unit and live out your life there. Although some residents may be in that situation eventually, the majority are probably quite healthy and active (hence wanting to live in a downtown area) but are purchasing there so it can be their final retirement home and don't want to live somewhere like Sun City. The parking garage is also quite large cause I believe all units come with a parking space(s).

Old Posted Jan 7, 2021, 12:33 AM
Skyriser

FYI, Mirabella is not a condo tower. You buy a long term lease of sorts and the building owners pay your estate/you back when you die or move out, or you can get a non-refundable lease. I've never seen that sort of arrangement.

https://asunow.asu.edu/20180221-ariz...abella-project

Quote:
The project works like this: Residents pay a “buy-in” fee, ranging from $378,500 for a one-bedroom unit to $810,200 for a two-bedroom penthouse. When they die, 85 percent of that fee is refunded to their heirs. In addition, residents pay a monthly fee, ranging from $4,195 for a single person in a one-bedroom unit to $5,570 for a couple in a penthouse suite. That fee covers dining, housekeeping, utilities, shuttle service, activities and other amenities.

A few units are set aside for people who want to skip the refund plan, and those apartments range from about $297,500 to $499,000, with lower monthly fees.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2021, 11:22 PM

Office development by In N Out

Old Posted Jan 11, 2021, 10:03 PM

Pier crane raised by about 30’ & they’re now pouring 3rd floor columns. Maybe they are at full speed finally ?

Old Posted Jan 11, 2021, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfiredude View Post
Pier crane raised by about 30’ & they’re now pouring 3rd floor columns. Maybe they are at full speed finally ?
Why are they being so cautious about raising that crane up? Something to do with the FAA? How does it compare in height to the 100 Mill crane?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest