HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jan 9, 2024, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
- The former Charmed Aroma location has apparently been leased. The new occupant will be another pop-up. Better than nothing. I wonder if Just Cozy will move here. It would be a better location than where they are currently.
Someone has said an employee of Just Cozy confirmed to them yesterday that they are indeed moving to a permanent location at the old Charmed Aroma.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2024, 3:17 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

A peek through the door of the new Tesla showroom at CF Champlain:

Photo courtesy of Jeff Boucher.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2024, 1:02 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Construction hoarding has come off:

Old Posted Jan 15, 2024, 2:10 AM

I’ve been told by a person who works at the Moncton Costco that over Christmas our Costco was the 5th busiest in the world, and the busiest in Canada. This is surprising to be, but also not surprising when you consider how busy it is there all of the time. I wonder if it being THAT busy could warrant other new Costcos specifically in PEI, Northern NB or in central NS (Truro)

Old Posted Jan 15, 2024, 2:18 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
I’ve been told by a person who works at the Moncton Costco that over Christmas our Costco was the 5th busiest in the world, and the busiest in Canada. This is surprising to be, but also not surprising when you consider how busy it is there all of the time. I wonder if it being THAT busy could warrant other new Costcos specifically in PEI, Northern NB or in central NS (Truro)
Or, a second Costco in Moncton.

I always thought it a bit of a mistake to have closed the old one in Wheeler Park.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2024, 2:00 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Hop, Skip & Jump at Wheeler Park will be temporarily closing to allow for a significant renovation and upgrading of their play structure and games.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2024, 2:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Or, a second Costco in Moncton.

I always thought it a bit of a mistake to have closed the old one in Wheeler Park.
It depends on where all those shoppers are coming from, stats they have on hand thanks to the membership cards. But I'm sure those numbers has Costco looking seriously at another location, or maybe 2 locations. Northern NB and PEI are likely on their radar now, even if the population counts don't really warrant it. A second Moncton location is plausible too, but I think Charlottetown may get one first.

My gut feel, the next Maritime Costco's chances are (roughly in order of likelyhood):
* Charlottetown
* Sydney (not shown by Moncton's numbers of course, but feels like it should be likely all things considered)
* Bathurst / Northern NB
* Moncton (second location)

Old Posted Jan 15, 2024, 2:49 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I actually agree. I think if the Moncton store is the busiest one in the country, this could auger well for a new location in Charlottetown. The island population does not meet their threshold (250,000), but, they could make an exception.

I actually think we see more NS cars in the parking lot at Costco than PEI cars though. I think we capture all the business from west of the Cobequid Pass.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2024, 6:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
It depends on where all those shoppers are coming from, stats they have on hand thanks to the membership cards. But I'm sure those numbers has Costco looking seriously at another location, or maybe 2 locations. Northern NB and PEI are likely on their radar now, even if the population counts don't really warrant it. A second Moncton location is plausible too, but I think Charlottetown may get one first.

My gut feel, the next Maritime Costco's chances are (roughly in order of likelyhood):
* Charlottetown
* Sydney (not shown by Moncton's numbers of course, but feels like it should be likely all things considered)
* Bathurst / Northern NB
* Moncton (second location)
I’m surprised there is not one in Cape Breton already. I know I lot of people that make day trips to Moncton just to go to Costco. I think it’s just a matter of time before we see them expand in the region.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2024, 10:02 PM

Quote:
That sounds amazing! Truly the Hub City!

Old Posted Jan 17, 2024, 2:33 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Once Upon a Child in the Mapleton Plaza (old Kmart plaza) is now open.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2024, 2:48 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

US-Based Jersey Mike’s Subs to Expand Canadian Footprint with Hundreds of New Locations
RETAIL-INSIDER
By Mario Toneguzzi
Date: January 17, 2024
https://retail-insider.com/retail-in...ons-interview/

They plan 300 Canadian locations by 2034. Anytime you hear about that number of locations, you just know at least one and possibly several of those will be in greater Moncton. As usual, the expansion will start first in southern Ontario, then across the west before we see any stores in Atlantic Canada. My guess is that we won't see anything here until the 2030s.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2024, 5:58 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The Tesla showroom at CF Champlain is apparently now officially open.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2024, 11:48 PM

The Source has signed an agreement with Best Buy Canada. More than half of the stores will rebrand to "Best Buy Express", the remaining will permanently close. bilesyrup.com/2024/01/18/bell-the-source-best-buy-express-rebrand-canada

Old Posted Jan 19, 2024, 2:57 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

This is interesting. I can actually see The Source at CF Champlain surviving and becoming a Best Buy Express. Champlain Place is the largest regional mall in the province, and is on the other side of town from our existing Best Buy on Plaza Boulevard. I think both stores could co-exist.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2024, 4:15 PM

I wonder what this will mean for the Moncton Stores. I agree that Moncton will retain the store at CF Champlain especially since there’s already a Best Buy in the north end.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2024, 7:58 PM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Quote:
I wonder what this will mean for the Moncton Stores. I agree that Moncton will retain the store at CF Champlain especially since there’s already a Best Buy in the north end.
Moncton only had one The Source location now so I assume that will stay open at cf Champlain. It's amazing to think this company began as Radio Shack in 1986.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2024, 9:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewber View Post
Moncton only had one The Source location now so I assume that will stay open at cf Champlain. It's amazing to think this company began as Radio Shack in 1986.
Oh okay, I didn’t realize the north end one had closed. Not surprised though.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2024, 1:24 PM

Looks like Aritzia isn’t going where Just Cozy was by H&M. Boathouse is relocating to there. Advertisements are up on the construction hoarding.

(Photo from Retail Talk & Share NB Facebook group).

Last edited by DyAm00394; Jan 24, 2024 at 1:57 PM.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2024, 2:14 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Well, this is a surprise!!!

I haven't been blindsided like this in some time. I thought Aritzia moving in here was a fait accompli. I even had verbal confirmation from a Just Cozy employee that they were relocating to allow for Aritzia to move in!!!

We know Aritzia is coming. CF Champlain even screwed up last fall and actually posted about it.

This was on the CF Champlain website, but quickly removed after the SNAFU was discovered.

So, where will Aritzia go? One possibility is the soon-to-be-vacant current Boathouse location. This is larger than the soon-to-open new Boathouse location, and, since Aritzia is a larger footprint store, this would make a lot of sense, but, the further you go down this mall corridor, the less busy it becomes, and I would think Aritzia would prefer a high traffic location.

Another possibility would be the soon-to-be-vacant current lululemon location after they decamp to the larger former Victoria's Secret location next month. This CRU is smaller, but, is conveniently located on the mall's main centre court next to other prominent retailers like the new lululemon store, Roots, Fossil, Lush, Pandora, Bath & Bodyworks etc.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces