HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 12, 2023, 2:01 PM

The Batture looks incredible! I hope their meetings with neighbors are fruitful. It's a pretty modest proposal in terms of buildings, but the whole thing could make the area around the fly so much more attractive and exciting!

Old Posted Oct 12, 2023, 2:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
Its not a designated landmark but it is old enough to qualify for historic tax credits if an owner wanted to pursue that
In todays difficult market the tax credits are extremely important. I think the building lays out fairly well for a conversion to apartments/hotel so i think any RFP process the city holds should not require demolition.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2023, 12:05 PM

https://www.nola.com/news/business/n...699c63973.html

It looks like both projects are finally moving forward.
In all honesty -- can the city support two? Idk, but I hope they both succeed!

Old Posted Oct 13, 2023, 12:27 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by socigradstudent View Post

Will be interesting to see.. i do know other tourists heavy cities have two and they seem to be doing ok .. seems like they end up being geared towards different markets .. so good chance this is what happens here... i will say the five o fore spot will be very visible and I think will be favored by people driving in to city from the burbs and have the better back drop than top golf; while top golf is more readily accessible to downtown and tourists and the westbank

Last edited by tennis1400; Oct 13, 2023 at 1:01 PM.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2023, 1:18 PM
-

Landis is proud to announce that The New River Garden Apartments project is complete! We are so proud of our Landis team members who worked on this extremely complex project along with HCI Architecture, HRI Communities, and lots of trade partners!

Old Posted Oct 13, 2023, 1:22 PM
-

North Shore Updates:

Money Hill Expansion

Some New Subdivisions Approved this month:

Sucre Covington Opened

Old Posted Oct 13, 2023, 2:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socigradstudent View Post

They will be fine. New Orleans is in need of entertainment options like this for corporate outings, kids, college students and families in general. Having worked for multiple corporate entities, whenever we traveled to another city for a "breakout session", the entertainment options available were an important variable.

Not everybody wants to engage with the French Quarter and I don't blame them.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2023, 2:59 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingque View Post
They will be fine. New Orleans is in need of entertainment options like this for corporate outings, kids, college students and families in general. Having worked for multiple corporate entities, whenever we traveled to another city for a "breakout session", the entertainment options available were an important variable.

Not everybody wants to engage with the French Quarter and I don't blame them.
Totally agree! Its like when you go to our airport, not everyone wants " New Orleans food" at that point including us locals. Its important to have diversity of offerings.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2023, 3:51 PM
-

Not sure if you guys could read this posts or not but it gives a bit of detail of the airport expansion requests .

Specifically,
expanding the concourse and terminal and adding a pedestrian bridge from the long term parking garage to the terminal.

A new connector road to the south terminal on airport property,

planning intermodal center station and automatic people mover system project to provide a transit stop to connect to inter city rail

checked baggage inspection system to accomodate two new explsoive detection scanners and 4 new inspection tables

expanded aprons for new concourse

Old Posted Oct 13, 2023, 3:57 PM
-

NEW PROJECT ALERT 🚨 The excitement is building at the corner of Calhoun and Freret streets! Woodward is proud to partner with Eskew Dumez Ripple to deliver this new, modern student residence hall for Loyola University New Orleans. Read more here: https://bit.ly/46n2Jtx

Old Posted Oct 13, 2023, 4:53 PM

I’m pulling for both golf complexes to succeed. I think Five O’ Fore can really spur further development in that area. Anything on Bayou Phoenix ? Is that thing still moving forward or is it dead again ?

Old Posted Oct 13, 2023, 6:50 PM

Quote:
Totally agree! Its like when you go to our airport, not everyone wants " New Orleans food" at that point including us locals. Its important to have diversity of offerings.
Exactly. I love my city, but a good number New Orleanians have this weird infatuation with wanting everybody to be entrenched in the unique culture. Half the natives don't even engage in the culture, so I can't stand when the "culture gatekeepers" try to shove it down everybody's throat. It's super annoying.

Cities across the country, including New Orleans, have tons of transients now. You have to diversify the options and there's nothing wrong with that.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2023, 11:04 PM

Quote:

planning intermodal center station and automatic people mover system project to provide a transit stop to connect to inter city rail

This may have been in the news, but I missed it. Is there any actual plan for a rail system to connect to the airport? Sorry if it's been covered already in someone's post.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2023, 5:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by York1 View Post
This may have been in the news, but I missed it. Is there any actual plan for a rail system to connect to the airport? Sorry if it's been covered already in someone's post.
Presumably this would be the New Orleans-Baton Rouge line, which has always been planned to have an airport stop. The Amtrak City of New Orleans train also uses the same tracks on the way to Hammond, so they have discussed adding a stop for that too.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2023, 9:49 PM

Emerils new restaurant at Harrahs/Caesars slated to soft open end of the month, walls for the Canal street section came down Thursday, entrance slated to open end of the month also

Old Posted Oct 15, 2023, 5:32 PM

glass is nearing completion on the new hotel, pavement is finishing up for the Canal street entrance, Nobu is next up and word is next month Masquerade is closing to start the renovations to the Lobby bar "Oculus"

Old Posted Oct 17, 2023, 4:26 PM
-

23-304483
3301 VETERANS MEMORIAL BLVD, METAIRIE 70002
ATHANIA PLACE ANNEX
10/13/2023
East Bank
Commercial Remodeling/Renovations
$664,770.00
District 5
PF CHANGS
P.F. Chang's
8377 E. Hartford Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
Menemsha Development Group, Inc.

djsnola
23-307774
1200 S CLEARVIEW PKWY, JEFFERSON 70123
ELMWOOD VILLAGE CENTER
10/11/2023
East Bank
Commercial Remodeling/Renovations
$645,200.00
District 2
Elmwood Retail Properties, L.L.C.
Bobby Bryant
1200 S. Clearview Parkway, Suite 1166
Harahan, LA 70123
RYAN GOOTEE GENERAL CONTRACTORS, L.L.C.

Second flyover ramp connecting New Orleans airport and I-10 open

https://www.nola.com/news/traffic/se...dcc247172.html

DOTD announces $15.4 million reconstruction project in Kenner
Friday, October 13, 2023 at 11:12:43 AM
Kenner, La. – The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD) announces that beginning Sunday, October 15, 2023, construction will start on a $15.4 million major reconstruction project of a 1.1-mile section of Williams Blvd. (LA 49) between W. Metairie Ave. and Veterans Blvd. in Kenner.

The project includes removing and repaving the asphalt driving surface, expanding left turn lanes, adding a new bicycle lane, and concrete work to improve curbs, sidewalks, and medians. The project will also add new landscaping, upgraded traffic signals, and lighting.

Modifications will also be made to increase safety, including eliminating the continuous middle dual turn lane and replacing it with raised concrete medians with crossovers and dedicated U-turns.

The project will increase safety, traffic flow, and convenience for residents. DOTD worked closely with the City of Kenner to finalize plans and designs.

Single-lane closures are required to perform the work. Work and lane closures will occur only during overnight hours to limit inconvenience. Eventually, daytime lane closures with hours of 9 a.m.-3 p.m. will be included as well.

The estimated completion date is early 2025.

DOTD appreciates your patience and reminds you to drive cautiously through the construction site and be on the lookout for work crews and their equipment.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2023, 5:15 PM

Demolition is well underway on the old K&B/Rite Aid at Louisiana and St. Charles:

Feel like there was an updated rendering of it more recently, but this was the design that tennis posted in 2020, as a reminder:

Old Posted Oct 17, 2023, 6:50 PM

Current renderings for 3401 St Charles can be found here.

https://www.3401stcharlesave.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadmoor View Post
Demolition is well underway on the old K&B/Rite Aid at Louisiana and St. Charles:

Feel like there was an updated rendering of it more recently, but this was the design that tennis posted in 2020, as a reminder:

Old Posted Oct 17, 2023, 6:54 PM
-

Operation Gridiron: Building a stronger grid for New Orleans

https://www.entergynewsroom.com/arti...r-new-orleans/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations