HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Aug 17, 2018, 3:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
The land is park district owned. The selling of the land would almost never happen. There's a reason the only organizations that have structures in park district land are essentially cultural assets like museums (except Soldier Field but you could argue this in another way). Right nearby is the Museum of Science and Industry in park district land, not a bunch of bars and restaurants or housing units. There's a damn good reason for this. Do you think the city is really dumb enough to not realize that they have thousands of acres right next to a giant lake that looks like an ocean which people would clamor to live right next to with no roads?

I think you are not properly understanding the lakefront park land reality of when the city realizes it's a "good" I idea to give up a little land. The city is not about to give this away to a non cultural entity with enough national or international exposure, nor is there enough to make the sacred lakefront park land magically disappear. All of this type of thinking will set Chicago back. If you truly want Chicago to progress and be even more world class, then you'll stop protecting things like parking lots.
You're right, I guess I don't understand.

I also don't understand how the wealthy Obama Foundation, who's namesake has made more than a meal out of his "Chicago Roots" would have the gall to extort free land and infrastructure from it under threat of building his edifice somewhere else.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development