HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Dec 13, 2018, 5:31 PM

Maybe it's just temporary as they really need public access.

Old Posted May 14, 2019, 4:26 PM

I talked to my Ticats season ticket guy today and he is in fact located in the secure harbour zone. Pretty strange. Curious what is in the old Ticat offices.

Old Posted May 14, 2019, 6:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpgq View Post
I talked to my Ticats season ticket guy today and he is in fact located in the secure harbour zone. Pretty strange. Curious what is in the old Ticat offices.
Really weird.

Not really great that they moved out of downtown to private Harbour Commission Lands.

Old Posted May 14, 2019, 8:06 PM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by king10 View Post
Really weird.

Not really great that they moved out of downtown to private Harbour Commission Lands.
Young has always pushed the online envelope. Maybe he's expecting physical location won't matter... the Ticats Cloud is where things are at.

And that works just fine for me. I can't remember the last time I even SPOKE with a team rep, never mind walked into the team offices.

But for a substantial portion of the fanbase a physical touchpoint (outside of the stadium on gameday) must still matter.

Old Posted May 14, 2019, 8:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingViking View Post
Young has always pushed the online envelope. Maybe he's expecting physical location won't matter... the Ticats Cloud is where things are at.

And that works just fine for me. I can't remember the last time I even SPOKE with a team rep, never mind walked into the team offices.

But for a substantial portion of the fanbase a physical touchpoint (outside of the stadium on gameday) must still matter.
I was thinking more along the lines of how it was nice to have additional jobs working and spending money in the downtown core, not necessarily fan interaction with the office.

Old Posted May 14, 2019, 10:38 PM

Was speaking to a ticket rep earlier today. He confirmed that they had nothing left on Jarvis. He said the staff on Sherman wouldn't fit into THF.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 10:12 PM
BANNED

Pardon the intrusion, but how was there zero discussion regarding the Ti-Cats at all during the season, and especially the Grey Cup? Is there no interest at all for the team in Hamilton? Are you all waiting for that ever elusive yet unattainable NFL team for Toronto?

What gives?

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 10:30 PM

Definitely a lot of interest -- personally I look more at the "CFL Season" threads in the Canada section rather than this.

And I don't think anyone is delusional enough to think the NFL is going to Toronto

Old Posted Nov 27, 2019, 2:52 AM
Concerned Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinus View Post
Pardon the intrusion, but how was there zero discussion regarding the Ti-Cats at all during the season, and especially the Grey Cup? Is there no interest at all for the team in Hamilton? Are you all waiting for that ever elusive yet unattainable NFL team for Toronto?

What gives?
They don't need a team in Toronto when Buffalo is only an hour away. Personally I am a Ticat fan, but at work last week there was very little mention of the Ticats or Grey Cup. They have an NFL weekly pool and playoff pool at work but nothing for the CFL. Very few people I know ever talk about the CFL.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2019, 2:55 PM

I mostly look at the CFL subreddit as it is really active. I would say one thing I've noticed over the past couple of years is a lot more Ticat wear on younger people around town. Bob must be making pretty good money on Ticat merch now.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2020, 3:35 AM

Levy is out, Centerplate is in for food and beverage at Tim Hortons Field:

https://ticats.ca/article/tim-horton...ership-in-2020

Old Posted Feb 10, 2020, 1:51 PM

Levy was pretty bad at the start, but not so bad this past year.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2020, 3:02 PM

Interesting, they’re owned by Sudexo.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2020, 9:40 PM

This could only be good news

Old Posted Dec 5, 2021, 8:46 PM

Hamilton to play in the Grey Cup AT HOME at Tim Hortons field!

Old Posted Dec 6, 2021, 6:37 AM

and the Arkells are playing the halftime show?

Get ready everybody, next weekend is going to be something else

Old Posted Dec 14, 2021, 6:57 AM

We were at the game. Generally everything ran well. I am a Bombers fan and my son is a Cats fan so I was the happy one at the end of the game, however we both agreed it was quite entertaining. The Arkells were a great half-time choice.

One thing to improve though for 2023 is logistics. With the stadium perimeter pushed out there were limited ways to get in. The lines were long and somehow my son ended up with the last scarf(?) despite there being many people behind us. A bigger problem was transit. Given that the Bombers won, we stayed for the post-game ceremonies with most of the crowd long-gone. After lingering to take some pics (etc.) we walked to our usual parking spot quite some distance away. I decided to take King through downtown to get to the 403. With Cannon closed, the shuttle bus stops were moved to King. However, even though it was long after the game there were hundreds if not over a thousand people still waiting for a shuttle. HSR just needs to do better.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2021, 6:22 PM

I was at the game. I found getting in actually not that bad compared to the regular season games with way less people. I'll be glad when the Covid checks are a thing of the past.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2021, 9:19 PM
It's Hammer Time

Hopefully, we can repeat this again in 2023, except win the Grey Cup this time. Maybe we can repeat 1998 (went to Grey Cup and lost) and 1999 season (went to Grey Cup and won).

Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 7:13 AM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTown View Post
Hopefully, we can repeat this again in 2023, except win the Grey Cup this time. Maybe we can repeat 1998 (went to Grey Cup and lost) and 1999 season (went to Grey Cup and won).
It would be more like the string in the mid-1980s. Though I'd love to see them win next season in Regina.
- We lost badly, to Winnipeg, in 1984
- Lost again, to BC, in 1985 (closer game but not all that close in the end from what I recall)
- Came into the 1986 game as huge underdogs but totally dominated the mighty Eskies (I think Matt Dunigan owes some of his white hair to that game... he seems to have gotten over the 1,000-yard stare )

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation