HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Aug 4, 2020, 10:29 PM
¥ ¥ ¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by 905er View Post
with all due respect, Mississauga is an actual city by definition and in how it functions. It was a bedroom community at one point. Insulting would be to insinuate that being compared to Mississauga is insulting and it's not fair that the city gets bashed so much imho. I do agree however, Calgary is most definitely on another level.
I'm always going to be a big defender of the city, shortcomings and all. Now if someone had compared Calgary to lets say Laval, Markham, Niagara Falls.. or Kanata.. then I'd be more inclined to be insulted if I was a Calgarian.
Mississauga... "We're getting there"

It's incorporated as a city but that's about as far as its "cityness" goes. It's a suburb by any other function - one that just happens to have above-average employment figures because it's located around the airport. Mississauga would not exist as it does without Toronto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbandreamer View Post
Port Credit is more urban than downtown Calgary; yet it's not very urban at all.

Which part of Port Credit looks anything like this? https://goo.gl/maps/uithyca26W29pHD8A

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada