HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth

307 Prince Albert in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Halifax Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jul 6, 2011, 4:52 PM
Fizzix geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waye Mason View Post
Then they go back and forth and sometimes you end up with a better over all plan, like what has been happening with the St Joseph's property on Gottingen.
I completely disagree with you on that point. All that seems to matter is height, height, and height. Overall design plans never seem to be what people care about... 90% of the time it is just height. I rarely if ever hear discussion in the notes from public forums about how the street level design/integration could be changed/improved etc, but I do read constantly about how scary a "tall" building is.

In the case of the St J development, all that has happened is that the height was reduced 2 floors. What has that actually achieved in a positive way?

To some that is somehow better, although an equal argument could be made that this will make the overall plan worse by cutting into margins that will then negatively impact the budget for finishing details.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth