HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Feb 26, 2018, 3:15 PM
BANNED

Short video at the end you can see Colony Square's night lighting

Video Link

Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 6:00 PM

iPic Theaters to anchor Colony Square redevelopment

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...ny-square.html

Quote:
Midtown’s Colony Square has landed its anchor retail tenant: new-to-market cinema chain iPic Theaters.

At the mixed-use project, which is underway on a massive redevelopment, iPic will open a nine-screen, 426-seat theater and a 6,700-square-foot bar and restaurant.

It will be the first Georgia location and is set to launch in 2020.

“Known for its luxury seating, farm-to-glass cocktails, chef-driven cuisine and ‘ninja-like’ servers, this is a movie going experience unlike anything in Georgia,” said David Weinert, partner and senior vice president of leasing at North American Properties, the owner of Colony Square.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 7:32 PM

The hell is a farm-to-glass cocktail?

Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
The hell is a farm-to-glass cocktail?
No clue, but I'm happy to see more entertainment coming to Midtown!

Old Posted Mar 10, 2018, 12:20 AM

Construction on The Grove is about to begin

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 3:17 AM

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 10:25 PM

Another view of the retail under construction.

https://twitter.com/lianamoran/statu...49425469411333

Old Posted Mar 28, 2018, 2:23 AM

They have set up a 2nd webcam for "The Grove".

Webcam #2https://app.truelook.com/?u=hc1507578266#tl_live

Webcam #1 https://app.truelook.com/?u=hc1507578229#tl_live

Old Posted Jun 18, 2018, 12:17 AM
i ain't no bubba

Still not sure I like such an obvious add-on...

Here's a photo showing the breakneck speed of Dewberry's Campanile addition:

Old Posted Jun 18, 2018, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (four 0 four) View Post
Still not sure I like such an obvious add-on...
Frankly, I find this development to be tasteless and am not convinced it'll cause Colony Square to become a destination outside of regular business hours. I'm genuinely curious to the retail lineup that will be included, though.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2018, 1:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Frankly, I find this development to be tasteless and am not convinced it'll cause Colony Square to become a destination outside of regular business hours. I'm genuinely curious to the retail lineup that will be included, though.
I'm with you. I really hope it turns out well and becomes a nice people-centric part of midtown, but I just don't see it happening.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2018, 1:48 PM
BANNED

What are you guys talking about? The Colony Square Redevelopment with be adding 150K sqft of retail. Of all the developments proposed/under construction/finished in Midtown, this project will have the highest concentration of retail and in my mind the greatest potential for success because they will achieve scale.

Retail in Colony Square

Video Link

Old Posted Jun 18, 2018, 5:03 PM

[QUOTE=Atlanta3000;8224302]What are you guys talking about? The Colony Square Redevelopment with be adding 150K sqft of retail. Of all the developments proposed/under construction/finished in Midtown, this project will have the highest concentration of retail and in my mind the greatest potential for success because they will achieve scale.

Some places just are problematic and don't work for retail. CS had a history of failing retail for many years; also failing restaurants and food court (with the exception of Tamarind Seed which was highly visible and accessible to the street).
150K sqft is a lot of retail to fill in an area that historically had little demand We shall see, but I don't hold out much hope for this re-development being successful.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2018, 5:14 PM
BANNED

[QUOTE=Tuckerman;8224514]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
What are you guys talking about? The Colony Square Redevelopment with be adding 150K sqft of retail. Of all the developments proposed/under construction/finished in Midtown, this project will have the highest concentration of retail and in my mind the greatest potential for success because they will achieve scale.

Some places just are problematic and don't work for retail. CS had a history of failing retail for many years; also failing restaurants and food court (with the exception of Tamarind Seed which was highly visible and accessible to the street).
150K sqft is a lot of retail to fill in an area that historically had little demand We shall see, but I don't hold out much hope for this re-development being successful.
I would not go off the track record of the location, as much as, I would the developer, North American Properties (NAP). This company has a record of delivering successful mixed-use developments. As I mentioned previously, the VP of Apple Retail Operations met with the CEO of NAP, Mark Toro. I am fairly certain an Apple Store will happen here and iPix is confirmed.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2018, 7:11 PM

[QUOTE=Atlanta3000;8224529]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post

I would not go off the track record of the location, as much as, I would the developer, North American Properties (NAP). This company has a record of delivering successful mixed-use developments. As I mentioned previously, the VP of Apple Retail Operations met with the CEO of NAP, Mark Toro. I am fairly certain an Apple Store will happen here and iPix is confirmed.
iPic will be a game changer for the Midtown mile. That alone will help keep more of these restaurants in business. Can't wait!

Old Posted Jun 18, 2018, 8:48 PM

I agree with A3K.
You can't expect its history as a 70's or 80's (the last time it was renovated) indoor mall that was basicallly an oversized food court to have any bearing on its future.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2018, 8:59 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
I agree with A3K.
You can't expect its history as a 70's or 80's (the last time it was renovated) indoor mall that was basicallly an oversized food court to have any bearing on its future.
Coincidentally, you finally decide to come to your senses on your 666 post - which just happens to be the Mark of the Beast.....just sayin'

Old Posted Jun 18, 2018, 9:38 PM

Yeah I'm not getting the reservations about this project. It's going to be a major addition for north Midtown.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2018, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Yeah I'm not getting the reservations about this project. It's going to be a major addition for north Midtown.
I would be very pleased to see it succeed, despite my skepticism. I have good friends who live in the apartments, and regularly go to the Goethe Centrum and went to Tamarind Seed before it closed. However, I think it is too much on the edge of the Midtown development and just doesn't seem to have the presence necessary to attract a crowd that would support that much retail. We will see, and I would love to eat crow on this.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2018, 1:14 AM

I'm surprised at some of the criticism. I think it's awesome. I love the spatial organization and the materials. Imo it's very clean, open, and walkable. I think it will be a big success.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta