HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's

Old Posted Jul 1, 2020, 9:56 PM

The Rock Steakhouse and Robins Donuts is being built on Navigator Ave. It’s next door to Hoilday Inn Express. It’s at the entranceway as you turn into the airport from Portugal Cove Road.

But where is the building located? You said construction is continuing but I cant find the building location you speak of.

Forgot to include message first time.[/QUOTE]

Old Posted Jul 3, 2020, 6:15 PM

Just announced on their Facebook page. The BierMarkt St. John’s location is closing permanantly.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2020, 7:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrakis View Post
Just announced on their Facebook page. The BierMarkt St. John’s location is closing permanantly.
Sadly not too surprised. Never saw many ppl there. Im sure something else will be there in short order.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2020, 10:35 PM

Noticed what looks like a new Mustang Sallys location in the east end. Same strip mall as Rustlers.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2020, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larla77 View Post
Sadly not too surprised. Never saw many ppl there. Im sure something else will be there in short order.
I believe that Mill St. Pub will remain open. I'm not sure if Mill St. has (will have) a restaurant section. Similar to the Mill St restaurant at Pearson.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2020, 1:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrakis View Post
I never enjoyed the food, but there was some beer there that was pretty hard to find/impossible to get at NLC. However, with the other beer bar opening on Duckworth this year it shouldn't be missed too much.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2020, 10:08 AM

But where is the building located? You said construction is continuing but I cant find the building location you speak of.

Forgot to include message first time.[/QUOTE]
Someone mentioned that 5 Guys is delayed but Construction is continuing. Where is the building being built? I have given to most of the possible locations and nothing stands out.

I was not referring to the steak house, as the original thread talked about 5 Guys and the Steak house.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2020, 10:48 AM

Sorry, my bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmything1972 View Post

Forgot to include message first time.
Someone mentioned that 5 Guys is delayed but Construction is continuing. Where is the building being built? I have given to most of the possible locations and nothing stands out.

I was not referring to the steak house, as the original thread talked about 5 Guys and the Steak house.[/QUOTE]

Old Posted Jul 21, 2020, 10:02 PM

New Burger Place going into the old Charlie's Steak House location in Paradise, Looks like its called "Burger House" noticed when driving by today they had a new sign up

Old Posted Jul 23, 2020, 4:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djslue View Post
New Burger Place going into the old Charlie's Steak House location in Paradise, Looks like its called "Burger House" noticed when driving by today they had a new sign up
I bet they do well. NL'ers are all about burgers. lol

Old Posted Jul 23, 2020, 9:41 PM

Sushi Island opening a second location, this time on Kenmount Road in the same building which Wing 'n It is in.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2020, 7:26 PM

Anything new on the potential Five Guys we heard about months ago?

Old Posted Aug 28, 2020, 2:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessel Run View Post
Anything new on the potential Five Guys we heard about months ago?
There's a site being prepared on Danny Drive in Galway opposite the entrance to Pet Smart with an RCS Construction trailer on site. I think this may be the Five Guys site.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2020, 10:36 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmemeadusjr View Post
There's a site being prepared on Danny Drive in Galway opposite the entrance to Pet Smart with an RCS Construction trailer on site. I think this may be the Five Guys site.
I hope so. I saw this area a few weeks ago when it had several loads of fill and some machinery there. I was wondering what was happening with it.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2020, 12:44 PM

When you search for Montana's on Stavanger Drive, it now says "Permanently Closed"

Old Posted Sep 14, 2020, 3:58 PM

Can’t really say I’m too surprised by this. It’s sad and unfortunate. Stavanger is quickly becoming a place not to bother with. The pandemic certainly doesn’t help either. I might add too that the parent company of Montana’s...Recipes Unlimited, have always been known to shut down any of its restaurants that are not performing well. (ie: Milestones, The Bier Markt, New York Fries - Village Mall). I would say business at Stavanger was declining well before the pandemic started with the exodus of big anchors Costco and other big box closures in that area. Princess Auto is next to close when their new store opens soon in Galway.

Quote:
When you search for Montana's on Stavanger Drive, it now says "Permanently Closed"

Old Posted Sep 14, 2020, 10:32 PM

Quote:
What site says it is permanently closed? Apparently they recently responded to a twitter post that they are reopening?

Old Posted Sep 14, 2020, 11:16 PM

Montana's

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan View Post
What site says it is permanently closed? Apparently they recently responded to a twitter post that they are reopening?
It's confusing. I got an e-mail from them about a new special & it has the Stavanger Dr. location in the heading. If you click on 'locations' it only lists Kenmount Rd.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2020, 10:36 AM

When you Google store hours, it had said "temporarily closed" since they closed earlier in the year. Last weekend when I went to the Kenmount location to eat I Googled the hours and it showed Stavanger as "permanently closed". I've always used Stavanger as a backup. There has often been a 90 wait on Kenmount, yet you can walk right in to a table on Stavanger.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2020, 12:15 PM

Quote:
. I've always used Stavanger as a backup. There has often been a 90 wait on Kenmount, yet you can walk right in to a table on Stavanger.
Therein lies the problem. The slow exodus of Stavanger to Galway along with COVID-19 has prompted the closure of that location. You're statement makes me think location is mainly to be blamed. I wonder if Recipe Brands (fka Cara) decided to jump ship and (eventually) re-locate to Galway like many others?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's