HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Jun 19, 2021, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freerover View Post
Verde Square?

Office, Retail, Hotel and Apartments.
Confirmed

Old Posted Jun 19, 2021, 1:27 PM

Hot. Any mention of size? Form? Height?

Lot of room to build if the view from the street is any indication.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2021, 7:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by We vs us View Post
Hot. Any mention of size? Form? Height?

Lot of room to build if the view from the street is any indication.
They are still in concept design, but those parcels are currently limited to 60 feet and 1:1 F.A.R., so they will probably require a rezoning. With the addition of the McKalla Station, most of the parcels south of Braker and north of McHale should really be rezoned to TOD Gateway which has a maximum height of 360' and 8:1 F.A.R. with a development bonus.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2021, 7:44 PM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
They are still in concept design, but those parcels are currently limited to 60 feet and 1:1 F.A.R., so they will probably require a rezoning. With the addition of the McKalla Station, most of the parcels south of Braker and north of McHale should really be rezoned to TOD Gateway which has a maximum height of 360' and 8:1 F.A.R. with a development bonus.
Everything north of Rundberg should be rezoned as TOD and they need to do the Rundberg extension ASAP (although they’re probably waiting for I-35 to be completed).
SATX: 1435k (+8%) + MSA suburbs: 1124k (+38%) + CSA exurbs: 18k (+11%)
ATX: 962k (+22%) + MSA suburbs: 1322k (+43%)

Old Posted Jun 20, 2021, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwmiv View Post
Everything north of Rundberg should be rezoned as TOD and they need to do the Rundberg extension ASAP (although they’re probably waiting for I-35 to be completed).
Last city council meeting approved acquiring the land for the Rundberg extension (the now-closed C Hunts).

https://www.austintexas.gov/departme...210610-reg.htm

Old Posted Jun 20, 2021, 4:10 PM

Old Posted Jun 20, 2021, 9:43 PM

Old Posted Jun 20, 2021, 9:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverranchdrone View Post
Yep. Go to the previous page.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2021, 2:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwmiv View Post
Agreed, but TOD Gateway is even more intense then TOD and intended to be within 1/4 mile of stations.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2021, 2:21 PM
World Traveler

How bout that game last night against Portland?!

The atmosphere is super cool and the aesthetics are amazing. Even on the USWNT game v Mexico last night, one of the announcers was talking about it being one of the most fun game atmospheres in North America. Pretty cool to get all that press.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2021, 8:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer View Post
How bout that game last night against Portland?!

The atmosphere is super cool and the aesthetics are amazing. Even on the USWNT game v Mexico last night, one of the announcers was talking about it being one of the most fun game atmospheres in North America. Pretty cool to get all that press.
Atmosphere was incredible. When they scored that first goal was one of the loudest things I've ever experienced. People went completely nuts. In the first ten minutes I was wondering if the fans could maintain that level of energy and then they did for the whole 90. So much fun!

Old Posted Jul 2, 2021, 8:15 PM
Resident Moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximusx1 View Post
Atmosphere was incredible. When they scored that first goal was one of the loudest things I've ever experienced. People went completely nuts. In the first ten minutes I was wondering if the fans could maintain that level of energy and then they did for the whole 90. So much fun!
Los Verdes and La Murga are absolutely amazing at what they are creating in the stadium. Its starting to infect the rest of the seats as well. If the team can keep decent form - and the new signings keep the goals coming by seasons end the entire place may just be a madhouse. Love to see it.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2021, 8:25 PM
Member since 2001

I'm so in love with that stadium. What an incredible atmosphere. I can't tell you how many people I spoke to over the last three games who were not soccer fans - but, are now because of the stadium, fans, and pace-of-play!

Another sellout - 20,738!

Verde...Listos!

Old Posted Jul 3, 2021, 12:36 PM

We missed Thursday's match, but went to the first two and the watch party. We were starting to get tired of all the draws and inability to find the net. I think my daughter was more pissed that she missed the first (and 2nd, 3rd and 4th) goal in the stadium than she was happy they won!

Count me in as one who was not a soccer fan before I started working on this deal. In the last three years my daughter started playing soccer, and the whole family watches every game we can, including my wife who hates sports. We are hooked. I'm kind of regretting not getting season tickets now.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2021, 2:30 PM

Q2 is bananas when we are scoring. Such a good time. Renewing my season tickets for sure.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2021, 7:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXboom View Post
Q2 is bananas when we are scoring. Such a good time. Renewing my season tickets for sure.
The place sure looked like it was rockin’ on the tv sports report.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2021, 9:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
The place sure looked like it was rockin’ on the tv sports report.
https://youtu.be/brIyBiuRx9k

Old Posted Jul 3, 2021, 11:33 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXboom View Post
Can you imagine how much you would have to pay to get an Austin FC ticket when they get into the playoffs if you aren't a season ticket holder? The chant "alright, alright, alright" will soon be known all over the country better than "The Eyes of Texas". Los Verdes and La Murga make the UT fans and band look anemic, in comparison. Let's face it, soccer is rapidly becoming red hot nationwide, and, eventually, I believe it will become the #One sport in the US, like it is everywhere else in the World.
But, in a way, the most satisfaction I get out of the whole thing is seeing what a success Anthony Precourt has become in Austin after the war between him and Austin's own "Miss Columbus, Ohio", Leslie Pool. To this day, I cannot stand that woman for how she tried to sabotage Mr. Precourt and the people of Austin, the vast majority of whom wanted Austin FC. Shame on you, Ms. Pool. What a turncoat! I'll bet she is seething in anger, seeing what a huge success it is! I hope the next time she goes up there to be adored by her Columbus Crew fans, she never comes back. And hey Crew, unlike you, we FILL our stadium! You can't ever fill your stadium even when you're MLS champs!
On a lighter note, I imagine other major league sports will be eyeing Austin a little more closely, now.

Last edited by DaveinWimberley; Jul 3, 2021 at 11:36 PM. Reason: change " National" to "MLS"

Old Posted Jul 4, 2021, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinWimberley View Post
Can you imagine how much you would have to pay to get an Austin FC ticket when they get into the playoffs if you aren't a season ticket holder? The chant "alright, alright, alright" will soon be known all over the country better than "The Eyes of Texas". Los Verdes and La Murga make the UT fans and band look anemic, in comparison. Let's face it, soccer is rapidly becoming red hot nationwide, and, eventually, I believe it will become the #One sport in the US, like it is everywhere else in the World.
But, in a way, the most satisfaction I get out of the whole thing is seeing what a success Anthony Precourt has become in Austin after the war between him and Austin's own "Miss Columbus, Ohio", Leslie Pool. To this day, I cannot stand that woman for how she tried to sabotage Mr. Precourt and the people of Austin, the vast majority of whom wanted Austin FC. Shame on you, Ms. Pool. What a turncoat! I'll bet she is seething in anger, seeing what a huge success it is! I hope the next time she goes up there to be adored by her Columbus Crew fans, she never comes back. And hey Crew, unlike you, we FILL our stadium! You can't ever fill your stadium even when you're MLS champs!
On a lighter note, I imagine other major league sports will be eyeing Austin a little more closely, now.
Let me preface this by saying I'm an Austin FC fan. Guess you missed the Crew game yesterday. It was a sell out and their new stadium looked awesome. It pains me to say but of the three new stadiums to come online so far this year I would rank Columbus 1, Cincy 2 and Austin 3.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2021, 5:46 PM
Resident Moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX2030 View Post
Let me preface this by saying I'm an Austin FC fan. Guess you missed the Crew game yesterday. It was a sell out and their new stadium looked awesome. It pains me to say but of the three new stadiums to come online so far this year I would rank Columbus 1, Cincy 2 and Austin 3.
Their stadium leaks and they couldn't hang their Tifo because it was damaging their roof. Seems the material use may be sub par.

Their new stadium is nice enough, but our stadium is built for our weather to allow a breeze in and shade during the heat.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin