HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa

Old Posted Feb 5, 2009, 1:03 AM
National Capital Region

another render from 101richmond.ca

Old Posted Feb 6, 2009, 11:56 AM

Nice addition to the neighborhood.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2009, 5:52 AM
National Capital Region

119 Richmond goes to the OMB in April
http://www.omb.gov.on.ca/ecs/CaseDetail.aspx?n=PL081616

Old Posted Mar 3, 2009, 2:40 PM
Elle est déjà vide!

The website is now live and the sales office has opened. The website has pricing. A few more of the images they have online, to outline some of the amenities you will enjoy as a resident of this building:

It looks like there's a patio for a restaurant or pub on the left of this last image. Good for them if that's the case. I'd be right into having a pub on the ground floor of where I live!

Old Posted Mar 3, 2009, 2:43 PM
Mooderator

The animal bath is very Westboro-esque.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2009, 11:53 PM

Two Thumbs up to More Pubs in the Area!

Old Posted Apr 26, 2009, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterloowarrior View Post
119 Richmond goes to the OMB in April
http://www.omb.gov.on.ca/ecs/CaseDetail.aspx?n=PL081616
So the OMB website says that this meeting was supposed to happen on the 15th. From their website I cant tell if a decision was made. Anyone know anything?

Old Posted Apr 27, 2009, 4:50 PM
National Capital Region

As if the OMB is going to rule against the developer.

No, they'll get to build their solid 6-storey east-west aligned block on top of a slope that overshadows the neighbourhood to the north without being forced to step it down on the north side or break it up into two buildings to let sunlight through. The OMB only respects the property rights of would-be developers, not those of existing property owners who are living there. You guys criticize the locals for taking it to the OMB, but frankly, what do you expect them to do? They're about to have what for them will be a 6-storey wall with only a 7.5 m setback planted on top of a 1-storey podium (the hillside) go up behind them. This development will basically wipe out the resale value of their homes and permanently overshadow their backyards, and, for much of the year (i.e. winter when it really matters), their houses too.

That's not to say I think the allowed FSI 1.0 is sensible either, but we've gone from only permitting a ~1-2 storey building covering most of the site to a 6-storey building covering most of the site at each floor level (FSI 4.9). Hoping to get something that might be sensible, like FSI 2.5 with a stepping down on the north side, is clearly unreasonable.

Just like down the road at 300 Richmond, what we'll end up with is a large box that more-or-less fills the entire building envelope with little in the way of building articulation or stepping back at upper levels. We're starting to see more of this - the entire building envelope is getting completely filled and the FSI just ignored (not helped of course by unreasonable FSIs in the first place). Yes, yes, I know that FSI can also yield towers-in-the-park, but until someone comes up with something else to prevent big boxes it's about the only reasonable control there is. There is no FSI in residential neighbourhoods where only setbacks and heights control things and look at what we get - monstrosities like that found on Kirchoffer Ave. where a pair of semis went in with each semi in excess of 3000 sq.ft. This is possible because it fills most of the building envelope without FSI to restrict it. That's what having no "FSI dinosaur" gets you.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2009, 6:58 PM

Is the OMB case about the condo building, the retirement home or both? The condo building is slated for the abandoned used car lot and the old Canadian Tire gas station (93 and 109 Richmond Rd). The retirement home is planned on the old Canadian Tire store site (119 Richmond Rd). The limited information on the OMB website suggests that the case is about the latter project.

I agree that shadowing is a real issue for the condo building because of the properties on Mailes Avenue, although at the end of the day I’m not sure if an increase in the setback would make much difference. BTW – the excitement about this condo building having a pub is misplaced. What you see in the southwest corner is a coffee shop (according to what Ashcroft said, the building won’t have the ventilation system needed to accommodate a restaurant).

Behind the 119 Richmond Rd site, you have the Canadian Bank Note Company parking lot plus a small commercial building. There should be no issue there (at least for now – the Bank Note site may eventually be redeveloped). I acknowledge though that, during the winter, the retirement home could result in some shadowing on the east side of Patricia and along the western part of Mailes.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2009, 7:20 PM
National Capital Region

The OMB case in question is about 119 Richmond (retirement home), which is on the NW corner of Patricia/Richmond (101 Richmond is on the NE corner). On the OMB site there is a link to the decision but it doesn't work yet.

There are also appeals for the Richmond Rd/Westboro CDP, which may include the sites (hearing is in May)
http://www.omb.gov.on.ca/ecs/CaseDetail.aspx?n=PL090029

Old Posted Apr 27, 2009, 7:34 PM
National Capital Region

As of April 7th, the building was 35% sold out
http://ottawarealestatesmarts.blogspot.com/

Old Posted Apr 30, 2009, 6:25 PM
National Capital Region

the 119 Richmond OMB decision is up
http://www.omb.gov.on.ca/e-decisions...pr-24-2009.pdf

Old Posted May 28, 2009, 3:10 PM

refereal program save 5k

Billy, If anyone is interested to buy one of the condos please contact me and i will refer you and help u save 5000$. We each get 5000$ back!

my email is “hamdan at rogers dot com”

...this is not a scam. call the sales center and ask them yourself.

Old Posted May 28, 2009, 3:12 PM

get 5000$ back 101 richmond road

if anyone is interested to buy one of the condos contact me and i will refer you. by referring you as a buyer i will get 5k back and so will you. so we each get 5000$ back!

my email is “hamdan at rogers dot com” this is not a scam. call the sales center and ask them yourself.

Old Posted May 28, 2009, 10:26 PM
R2-D2's army of death

You know, we'd be more inclined to beleive you if you didn't post two successive posts about how something "is not a scam".

Introduce yourself, tell us what brought you here, etc. Because right now, my scam/bullshit detectors are flaring up...
Franky: Ajldub, name calling is what they do when good arguments can't be found - don't sink to their level. Claiming the thread is "boring" is also a way to try to discredit a thread that doesn't match their particular bias.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2009, 10:49 PM
National Capital Region

Old Canadian Tire Site Filled In
http://communities.canada.com/ottawa...filled-in.aspx
By KENNETH_GRAY 08-20-2009 COMMENTS(1) THE BULLDOG

Enormous earth-moving trucks were working Thursday to fill in the large foundation hole for a multi-dwelling residence planned for the old Canadian Tire site at Patricia Avenue and Richmond Road in Westboro.

There's no word on why the foundation work is being levelled.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterloowarrior View Post
There's no word on why the foundation work is being levelled.
Bought a unit there this weekend. The reason for the foundation work being leveled at 119 Richmond is to create a space for the sales office. Some time around 1st September the road will be closed down and the building will be moved across to the other side of Patricia avenue by truck.

Groundbreaking at 101 will follow after that!

Old Posted Aug 24, 2009, 12:42 PM
Elle est déjà vide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsks View Post
Bought a unit there this weekend. The reason for the foundation work being leveled at 119 Richmond is to create a space for the sales office. Some time around 1st September the road will be closed down and the building will be moved across to the other side of Patricia avenue by truck.

Groundbreaking at 101 will follow after that!
Congratulations! It's a nice, smart-looking building. It has a lot of retail space, and that will really do a lot to continue gluing Westboro and Wellington West together.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2009, 4:10 PM
National Capital Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsks View Post
Weird... they could have saved themselves lots of trouble and just left part of the old parking lot intact for the sales office - or even used the front part of the old building itself until such time as a ground floor unit was ready at 109 Richmond.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2009, 2:43 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaican-Phoenix View Post
You know, we'd be more inclined to beleive you if you didn't post two successive posts about how something "is not a scam".

Introduce yourself, tell us what brought you here, etc. Because right now, my scam/bullshit detectors are flaring up...
Wow you're fully equipped!! Both a scam and a bullshit detector at once! what about a GPS? maybe an 8 speaker Bose system! then you will be set!

Anyways, I actually found someone and was able to save her 5000$ on her unit just by referring her.

If you were interested all you had to do was use your brains and take some measures to not get scammed. I offered a referral! Never asked anyone to send me 5K to my account in Africa!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa