HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Mar 25, 2021, 4:10 AM

Ya those are the lanes I was talking about. Id like to know the reason for no acceleration lanes. It must be purely for safety, and not traffic volume, that they're upgrading those left turns. Cause those are heavy duty left turn lanes lol Maybe they'll do the same at Gunn for the NB left turn lane.

Thanks for sharing the drawing.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2021, 4:12 AM

Old Posted Mar 25, 2021, 1:21 PM
What could go wrong?

Low bid is $740ish
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Mar 26, 2021, 5:58 PM

The specs for the Wenzel project talked about the contractor coordinating / working with MI Signals department, not a copy and paste type of standard clause. But there was nothing in the drawings showing signals work / scope... I dunno, may or may not be installed at the same time depending on that clause's intent.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2021, 6:11 PM

That drawing doesn't really show signage. I think the existing stop signs are those star shaped tings.

There at least would need to be stop signs and/or yield signed for those left turns. If you had someone on Wenzel crossing and then someone trying to turn left as well. Might be confusing.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2021, 4:29 PM

From the MB press release: Interchange construction of PTH 100 (South Perimeter) at PR 200 (St. Mary’s Road) construction to begin in September

Old Posted Apr 26, 2021, 4:37 PM

Ya good news. I know I keep saying this too. But I doubt any actual construction will start in September. Maybe putting up site fencing, clearing trees, stuff like that.

Maybe when the RFP comes out, someone can share dates with us. The selected consortium will need to finalize IFC designs and such, which will probably take months to complete. During this RFP pause, they'll be doing preliminary type designs. So depending on what the actual end dates are will tell us more of when real construction will happen.

Regardless. Good news this is going ahead and construction will be starting I would say fall/winter this year. It'll probably be a 3 years project, so splitting hairs at this point.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2021, 4:47 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
From the MB press release: Interchange construction of PTH 100 (South Perimeter) at PR 200 (St. Mary’s Road) construction to begin in September
Great, should be operational in 2027!

Old Posted Apr 26, 2021, 5:06 PM

Might the construction detours get built in September?

Old Posted Apr 26, 2021, 5:28 PM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
That's great news. The first of many upgrades on a stretch of highway that has been prone to tragic accidents over the years.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2021, 5:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
Might the construction detours get built in September?
That might be a good bet, yes.

Old Posted May 8, 2021, 10:16 PM

https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/mobile/f...-man-1.5419732

This is horrible. Let’s start construction in September. What a joke…

Old Posted May 9, 2021, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpgstvsouth94 View Post
https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/mobile/f...-man-1.5419732

This is horrible. Let’s start construction in September. What a joke…
While the situation is unfortunate, the circumstances described in the article don't seem to indiciate an interchange would have changed anything.

The victim was hit crossing the highway after leaving their dead vehicle. Nothing to do with the fact that there is an at-grade intersection or poor highway design.

Old Posted May 10, 2021, 6:22 AM

Concrete median reconstruction started tonight waverly to st Mary’s! I wonder what they will do when you cross the river since the road is following a new alignment with the new interchange? I really hope they consider adding lighting from pembina to route 90 on each side. It’s bad enough st Mary’s to st Anne’s road is unlit. Proper lighting may have prevented that accident on Friday. That stretch is pitch black at night unless your looking at the pollution plant, whereas the houses are pitch black.

Old Posted May 10, 2021, 6:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpgstvsouth94 View Post
? I really hope they consider adding lighting from pembina to route 90 on each side.
As the reconstruction and upgrades happen my understanding is the plan is to have the Perimeter fully lite. Both CCW and the section of the Perimeter rebuilt for CCW are fully lite. Also the Perimeter from Portage to Roblin had lights moved from the median to the shoulders. I think the lower operational cost of LED lights is in part making this more feasible.

Old Posted May 20, 2021, 5:53 PM

Wenzel and 101 intersection project has started

Old Posted May 20, 2021, 9:06 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiedog007 View Post
Wenzel and 101 intersection project has started
I can’t wait to read the comment st Mary’s interchange has started.

Old Posted May 21, 2021, 1:14 PM
What could go wrong?

They are hoping to announce another interchange for the South Perimeter this fall/late 2021. It would likely be St Annes (most likely) or Oak Bluff/McGillivray.

More work coming to the north Perimeter as well.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted May 21, 2021, 1:39 PM

Having interchanges at St. Mary's and St. Anne's built would significantly improve the south Perimeter by eliminating the most treacherous intersections.

Another thing that needs attention is the Pembina cloverleaf... the geometry there seems really deficient in light of traffic volumes and speeds. Converting that to a diamond as planned would be a major improvement and I hope it happens sooner rather than later.

Old Posted May 21, 2021, 2:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Having interchanges at St. Mary's and St. Anne's built would significantly improve the south Perimeter by eliminating the most treacherous intersections.

Another thing that needs attention is the Pembina cloverleaf... the geometry there seems really deficient in light of traffic volumes and speeds. Converting that to a diamond as planned would be a major improvement and I hope it happens sooner rather than later.
I agree. I’ve never had a problem merging here but the weaving I see is just downright dangerous. A converted diamond would make that interchange so much safer. They are fixing the bridge deck of the cn letellier this summer by July I spoke with someone. Driving over that overpass just west of the Pembina interchange is just treacherous it’s almost impossible to merge full speed coming off Pembina because it’s so crumbled.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan