HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup

Old Posted Feb 11, 2008, 5:56 PM
BANNED

Helix, A concept I've been toying with.

Here is a random luxary Condo-highrise that I've been toying with. I have no design experience and just downloaded Sketchup so I could play with this concept that I've had for a while.

Currently this is just the concept, a real design of this type would probably never be financially viable. I have plans to reduce the signature cantalever so that is is small enough to make it affordable. I also this this design might look better with less extreme carving in the sides. Anyhow, check it out and tell me what you think. I'm also looking for advice and ideas for improvements to the design.

Each floor would only have a few units, this building would primarily have one unit per floor with each of these step backs as a balcony.

I also have ideas for flaying the bottom floors outwards to provide a greater variety of units towards the bottom as well as provide a hiding place for parking and a nice retail base for a larger lot.

I'll add more shots as I fill in detail and complete this model. I'll also provide any updates on any new incarnations of this concept that might come up.

I know this model isn't perfect right now, so try and ignore some of the obvious missing parts and mistakes that need to be cleaned up.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2008, 9:22 PM

cool dude keep it up

Old Posted Apr 5, 2008, 1:42 AM

Smile cool

Last edited by advance62; Jan 16, 2013 at 2:55 AM.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2008, 3:47 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Oh my gosh! I had the same idea. The only difference is that what I was thinking about making the tower round not square. I think it's a great idea but it wouldn't be as tall as you plan it. A maximum of 50 floors of 650 feet would be ok.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup