HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Mar 29, 2019, 10:58 PM

Thanks guys! The pictures are appreciated.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2019, 12:21 PM

Thanks Mr.RE. Very Nice!

Old Posted Mar 30, 2019, 3:43 PM

Anyone see The Pier lately? Is it moving at a decent pace now?

Old Posted Mar 30, 2019, 8:38 PM

Thanks for taking time to shoot those photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RE View Post
Ill be doing a similar tour around downtown and midtown phoenix and provide an update of those projects as well. Stay tuned in those threads.
Thank you mucho.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2019, 3:01 PM

The Pier & Watermark

Here are photos of the Pier and Watermark. The Pier is moving along nicely! Second floor of the parking garage going up and I saw a good amount of construction guys out there on Saturday. Great amount of progress being made on the lake!

Glass is being installed on East Side.

The Pier

If anyone wants to see any additional sites or projects I'd be happy to get more pics!

Old Posted Apr 1, 2019, 4:13 PM

Anyone notice how both the previously approved Daybreak Apartments and the Eastline Village are going thru entitlements again (along with the Farmer offices previously discussed). The Eastline Village has a crazy new site plan so I am eager to see the whole package. I notice how the Daybreak apartments changed the design as well as appears to add retail...wish it was taller! I am just suspicious if all these developers are hitting the snooze button since the zoning change/ approved PAD only last for 2-3 years before the zoning reverts.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2019, 4:33 PM

Second crane?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RE View Post
Here are photos of the Pier and Watermark. The Pier is moving along nicely! Second floor of the parking garage going up and I saw a good amount of construction guys out there on Saturday. Great amount of progress being made on the lake!

Glass is being installed on East Side.

The Pier

If anyone wants to see any additional sites or projects I'd be happy to get more pics!
Is that a secondary tower crane base in one of those pics? or just a piece for the existing tower?

Old Posted Apr 1, 2019, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asugrad View Post
Is that a secondary tower crane base in one of those pics? or just a piece for the existing tower?
Pretty sure its just a loose section of crane--they are scattered all over the site.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2019, 5:29 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by asugrad View Post
I rode my bike by last week and checked out the Pier. Those are just extra masts being stored from what I could tell. Not a 2nd crane although I'm sure there will be one as this is a pretty large area.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2019, 6:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
I rode my bike by last week and checked out the Pier. Those are just extra masts being stored from what I could tell. Not a 2nd crane although I'm sure there will be one as this is a pretty large area.
I think the question is if they build both towers. They would need to build the base of the two towers in this first go, but I am still unclear if they are building both towers right now, or just phase 1. This was originally to be phased but I hope that is no longer the case.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2019, 8:28 PM

Snails Pace at the Pier??

So did these guys lose their financing for their project and decided to build this on their own with 4-5 people? I have walked by their numerous times while in Tempe and never see anyone. Is it some guy and his family building this thing or what? Kinda brings back memories of the old Pablo Soleri Project in Acro Santi near the I-17, AZ69 intersection. They were suppose to build this utopian self supported city that turned out to be a a couple story one building place where some hippies sold, (and maybe still do), wind chimes.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2019, 9:27 PM

I was out there around 12:30pm when I took these photos so they could have all left for lunch or took a break. Right as I was about to leave 4 large trucks pulled up with equipment, cement, and a tractor on a trailer bed. They are storing some machinery on the parking lot close to rural and moving it back and forth. Slow moving but I anticipate it to pick up here soon. Ill take another set of pictures in mid april to document the progress due to there being no construction cam.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2019, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixwillrise View Post
So did these guys lose their financing for their project and decided to build this on their own with 4-5 people? I have walked by their numerous times while in Tempe and never see anyone. Is it some guy and his family building this thing or what? Kinda brings back memories of the old Pablo Soleri Project in Acro Santi near the I-17, AZ69 intersection. They were suppose to build this utopian self supported city that turned out to be a a couple story one building place where some hippies sold, (and maybe still do), wind chimes.
in for a penny in for a pound as they say. too late to lack financing lol. this thing is going to look awesome imo.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2019, 8:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingfast View Post
in for a penny in for a pound as they say. too late to lack financing lol. this thing is going to look awesome imo.
Let's not forget the Elevation Chandler debacle before saying it's too late to lack financing. That got to 6 stories and than sat as a husk for nearly a decade before it was finally demolished after numerous bankruptcies and court battles. And W6/Centerpoint stalled out for nearly 4 years even though construction had topped out on both the 22 and 30 story towers. It was touch and go for a while that they were ever going to get done. The Hayden Flour Mill renovation has been on again/off again for years as well with still nothing much to show. Granted it was during the financial crisis for Elevation and W6, but who knows what's been really been going on with The Pier? I hope it gets built, and I agree it will look awesome if/when completed as it's designed now, but I wouldn't take it for granted that it's somehow too far along to not get completed or that plans can't change for how it it will look when finished.

Last edited by RichTempe; Apr 2, 2019 at 8:43 AM.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2019, 8:27 PM

As mentioned a few days ago, Westin is finally moving. The signage is back up on the fence, and they are excavating.

Also thought this exposed wall on the Hayden House was cool:

Old Posted Apr 2, 2019, 8:54 PM

So happy to see Westin moving. With the Omni also on the way that of Tempe is going to be so dense!

Old Posted Apr 2, 2019, 10:19 PM

Went by The Pier at lunch today & probably nearly 25 workers' cars there on site..there were 2 concrete trucks entering the property when I drove by too. Also, I noticed theres new fencing with trailers between that site and Rural....could that be for the Waterfront office project? Kinda insane how many projects are now progressing.

*Edit:

Also, note that AAF was dissolved today. I don't think anyone expected it to last, especially with 2-3k fans going to games...but means SDS won't be used in the spring for it anymore. I think some people hoped it would kind of explode into a sort of NFL minor league.

Last edited by Spitfiredude; Apr 2, 2019 at 10:33 PM.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2019, 3:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfiredude View Post
Also, I noticed theres new fencing with trailers between that site and Rural....could that be for the Waterfront office project
Hope so! For reference: https://www.weitz.com/kdc-weitz-anno...pe-waterfront/

Old Posted Apr 3, 2019, 4:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfiredude View Post
Also, I noticed theres new fencing with trailers between that site and Rural....could that be for the Waterfront office project?
I believe the equipment on that lot is used as storage for the Pier development. When I was there on Saturday, trucks were hauling equipment from that fenced off area to and from the Pier.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2019, 2:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichTempe View Post
Let's not forget the Elevation Chandler debacle before saying it's too late to lack financing. That got to 6 stories and than sat as a husk for nearly a decade before it was finally demolished after numerous bankruptcies and court battles. And W6/Centerpoint stalled out for nearly 4 years even though construction had topped out on both the 22 and 30 story towers. It was touch and go for a while that they were ever going to get done. The Hayden Flour Mill renovation has been on again/off again for years as well with still nothing much to show. Granted it was during the financial crisis for Elevation and W6, but who knows what's been really been going on with The Pier? I hope it gets built, and I agree it will look awesome if/when completed as it's designed now, but I wouldn't take it for granted that it's somehow too far along to not get completed or that plans can't change for how it it will look when finished.
Always possible, sure, but there is no liquidity crunch on the horizon. Plenty of credit. Appetite for yield is huge right now given the low rate climate so any prospectus that can show ROE is likely to move forward (knock on wood).

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest