HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Dec 13, 2014, 6:52 AM

Noirish Sacramento

I have been a 50 yr lifelong Sacramento resident born and raised here and have always enjoyed Sacramento and the wonderful buildings that make up our great city
I am also a fan of the old architecture and the history of the city.

I came across this thread called "Noirish Los Angeles" on this forum for the SoCal section
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=170279

Please check it out to see what I am hoping for here about with creating this thread about Sacramento historical building,architecturally pleasing buildings, and buildings with a story, etc

I spend far too many hours going page by page through the 1200 + current pages on the LA thread with the vast examples of great photos from days gone by. Of buildings long gone, and "Then and Now" comparisons

I am hoping there are more people out there interested in a Sacramento version

I would love to get this thread for Sacramento rolling where we can share historical photos and stories about the city for us to enjoy

I have always been romantic about the old movies and movie theaters so Crest Theater is a good starting point so here we go post #1

Before called the Crest it was the Hippodrome which opened in 1918 but interior burned in the 1940s

Opening night 1949 after being rebuilt

In the late 50s or early 60s

I hope there are some others out there that might have a similar interest and can help share the history of Sacramento and it's architecture etc

Last edited by OutlawImages; Jan 21, 2015 at 7:12 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area