HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > Taiwan

Taipei Twin Towers D1 in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Taipei Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jun 2, 2020, 6:06 AM

thanks for posting, williamchung_taiwan!

im not sure if I'm the only one thinking this, but I think this development has become increasingly disappointing in design. the original MRDV design was daring and special, and I was hopeful that it could usher a new style in architecture in taipei. i think the decision to switch designs and contractors was understandable, but the new design was a bit of a let down. they claim that the design was developed by architects, SOM (who designed the one WTC and other great projects), but I was pretty let down by the uninspiring design. at least the green-wall design was great and would look good. fast forward now, we end up with probably one of the boringest design in my opinion. i think this project had so much potential, but we ended up with two slabs of glass for the buildings.

sorry for this rant, I just feel frustrated about the changing design. tho, to be more optimistic, at least its getting built. PLEASE taoyuan terminal 3, don't change your design too much. the last thing we need is another terminal 2 design!!!! thanks for coming to my ted talk. Taiwan 加油

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > Taiwan