HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Apr 28, 2021, 2:34 AM

Please, PLEASE add water features... a series of small-medium sized plazas with water fountains will do wonders for desirability and livability. It gets fucking hot here. Add some water and shade!

Old Posted Apr 28, 2021, 3:06 AM

I see that the circular buildings are still a part of the plan. What are these?

Old Posted Apr 28, 2021, 1:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
I see that the circular buildings are still a part of the plan. What are these?
They are 'pie-in-the-sky' designs that architects put in renderings to sell projects to investors and tenants, that they never intend to build, because they know they will build what the bank tells them to build

Old Posted Apr 28, 2021, 2:05 PM

That is the most over the top looking gym I have seen. Even Equinox in NYC leases cheaper space that what I'm seeing in the rendering. It looks like the lobby of the Apple headquarters in California.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2021, 2:07 PM

Chuckles aside, and on a positive note, the renderings look incredible, and I believe it will be an amazing and transformation project, even with the eventual VE added to the project.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2021, 5:38 PM

Yeah, I think the individual buildings are mostly conceptual at this point with the exception of the Centennial Yards South and the next phase.

They mentioned at the ribbon-cutting yesterday that they are close to breaking ground on the infrastructure for approximately 25% of Centennial Yards.

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Apr 28, 2021 at 6:00 PM.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2021, 4:30 PM

Unfortunately nothing to see yet.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2021, 10:35 PM

Quote:
New squares, parks, and open spaces are coming to Centennial Yards to make Downtown greener and more connected than ever before.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQgpBWWpDB7/

Old Posted Jun 26, 2021, 12:27 AM

That looks awesome!

Old Posted Jul 19, 2021, 6:25 PM

Updated site plan

Old Posted Jul 20, 2021, 6:53 AM

Revised Centennial Yards plan stressing walkability, street connections unveiled — Urbanize Atlanta

Quote:
Project officials also announced that London-based architecture firm Foster + Partners has been hired to collaborate with Perkins & Will architects on forthcoming designs.

The British firm studied Atlanta’s historic street grid to envision Centennial Yards as a walkable environment that embraces the city’s penchant for being outdoors..
Centennial Yards Co. unveils master site plan for The Gulch, lands prominent architect — Atlanta Business Chronicle

Quote:
Foster+Partners, a London-based architecture firm and integrated design studio, has joined the project. Foster+Partners has worked on Manhattan's 50 Hudson Yards, a 2.9-million square foot project that features an office tower that lured corporate tenants including BlackRock and Facebook. That project has a 2022 delivery date. Centennial Yards and Hudson Yards share parallels, with both serving as massive urban redevelopments near public transit. Foster+Partners will work alongside architect Perkins+Will on Centennial Yards.
As noted here previously in April. Foster + Partners joining this project is huge news and will elevate its design in an important way. The new street grid shown in the post above is a good sign.

Last edited by pica; Jul 20, 2021 at 7:04 AM.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2021, 3:26 PM

As soon as I saw the new master plan, I thought it looked like an extension off the Fairlie-Poplar district. Having Foster+Partners as a part of this is a total game-changer.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2021, 4:07 PM

Can we get some of this from them?

https://twitter.com/FosterPartners/s...75005809680387

Old Posted Jul 20, 2021, 6:58 PM

I love that this shows them covering the old AJC trucking platform (remember all those trucks in the mornings?). I assume that's a different "air rights" package than what is over the old CNN decks. These deals go way back to Cousins in the 1970's. I think the AJC platform is from the 1960's??

They show the parking deck on Marietta St with the big clock and Hudson Grille as not existing. Is that just pie-in-the-sky? But the Nelson St bridge is restored!

To be able to walk comfortably from Centennial Park to Castleberry would be just awesome

Old Posted Jul 20, 2021, 8:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainiac View Post

They show the parking deck on Marietta St with the big clock and Hudson Grille as not existing. Is that just pie-in-the-sky? But the Nelson St bridge is restored!

To be able to walk comfortably from Centennial Park to Castleberry would be just awesome
Every rendering I've seen shows the parking deck site as a part of Centennial Yards.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2021, 4:20 PM

Still no signs of site progress.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2021, 5:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julien View Post
Still no signs of site progress.

They can't break ground on anything (I.e. no LDP) until this SAP is approved. They just applied for it. The only part of the project permitted is the portion behind the old NS building.

"Atlanta - it's getting there."

Old Posted Jul 23, 2021, 9:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminus View Post
They can't break ground on anything (I.e. no LDP) until this SAP is approved. They just applied for it. The only part of the project permitted is the portion behind the old NS building.
I was actually looking for surveyors, markings or some other evidence. Didn't expect "shovels" yet.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2021, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julien View Post
I was actually looking for surveyors, markings or some other evidence. Didn't expect "shovels" yet.
That was all done years ago. There are already as-builts.

"Atlanta - it's getting there."

Old Posted Jul 27, 2021, 4:19 PM

More housing recommended for Centennial Yards

Quote:
Plans for downtown's 50-acre Centennial Yards project should include for more housing, a key for the district's revitalization, members of a city advisory group says.

Recommendations from the Downtown Development Review Committee follow Centennial Yards Co. applying for a Special Administrative Permit earlier this month from the city to redevelop the "The Gulch," a collection of underground parking lots below downtown's Mercedes-Benz Stadium and State Farm Arena.

Representatives from Centennial Yards Co., a partnership led by Los-Angeles developer CIM Group, attended the committee meeting, but did not indicate if more housing is planned in the development. A request to Centennial Yards Co. for more details about the project was not returned.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta