HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Aug 21, 2017, 2:08 PM
sidewalkin'

Here we go again...
This time it's going to happen, THIS is the one!

Rossonian bought by 5 Points developer.
http://www.businessden.com/2017/08/2...inds-buyer-6m/

Last edited by Curtis Park; Aug 21, 2017 at 2:09 PM. Reason: changes

Old Posted Aug 21, 2017, 2:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
It would be the Last Mile. That article was actually a followup to a previous article which while meandering was "person on the street" fun.

https://www.denverite.com/east-colfa...w-brand-40763/

Andrew Kenney also had an article recently about the city buying the old PT's strip club which is in-process. Best quote came from Denver City Councilman Chris Herndon: https://www.denverite.com/city-denve...an-says-41051/
lol! I'm glad the strip club is going. I drive through this area daily and see what goes on. The neighborhood to the north and south of Colfax don't seem bad, but right on Colfax... I couldn't tell you how many times I've seen the police tape up. To be honest, I don't see how to clean this area up without bulldozing the motels. They appear to all be filled with homeless people, prostitutes, and drug addicts.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2017, 6:11 PM
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS

Why did it get kinda dark around 11:46?

"Of course you're right." Cirrus

Old Posted Aug 21, 2017, 6:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventwenty View Post
Just a guess

Credit BBC via YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by COtoOC View Post
To be honest, I don't see how to clean this area up without bulldozing the motels. They appear to all be filled with homeless people, prostitutes, and drug addicts.
Exactly, it will just take a developer or two wanting to redevelop the site.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2017, 6:52 PM

Quote:
LOL! Here in Sacramento we're about 75% dark (go towards Portland then its totally dark), I think you guys got maybe 80% as I know places in central Wyoming and Nebraska were going to be total dark..

Old Posted Aug 21, 2017, 10:00 PM

93% bur felt like 80%.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2017, 4:32 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

I couldn't settle for 93%. Had to go for total. Went to the middle of nowhere Missouri (literally in a soybean field), fighting storms, and driving (slightly) recklessly down country roads to get this:

I made these look as close as it would appear through your naked eye because there is really nothing like this.

Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted Aug 22, 2017, 4:57 PM

Cool; stunning

Old Posted Aug 22, 2017, 5:54 PM

Ryan, you're my hero! I was going to go to Wyoming but chickened out.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2017, 6:08 PM

I went to Nebraska, and don't regret it for one second. Seeing a total eclipse doesn't even compare to 93%, 95%, or even 99%. It's just not the same when you look up and see a big black hole in the sky with solar corona shooting out in all directions....

Old Posted Aug 22, 2017, 7:42 PM
Up Up and Away

Nice one Ryan. I brought the wrong filter, and my pics were horrible.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2017, 8:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister244 View Post
I went to Nebraska, and don't regret it for one second. Seeing a total eclipse doesn't even compare to 93%, 95%, or even 99%. It's just not the same when you look up and see a big black hole in the sky with solar corona shooting out in all directions....
This is definitely true. My friends and I went to Casper and it completely blew away my expectation. Seeing the 95% or more partial eclipse with glasses is definitely cool. But it is nothing like the total eclipse. Only moments before totality, things were dimmer, but it definitely still felt like daylight (albeit, maybe winter solstice daylight). It wasn't until the moment of totality that suddenly it felt like theater lights being dimmed at the start of a show. Then stars, the infamous corona, and twilight on 360 degrees of the horizon. Otherworldly!

Of course, I'll admit the traffic apocalypse was every bit as bad as predicted. Took 11 hours to return to Denver from Casper (including a pit stop in Laramie where every restaurant had an hour or more of a wait).

Old Posted Aug 22, 2017, 10:29 PM
Landbarge Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr1138 View Post
Of course, I'll admit the traffic apocalypse was every bit as bad as predicted. Took 11 hours to return to Denver from Casper (including a pit stop in Laramie where every restaurant had an hour or more of a wait).
It took us a little over 12 hours from Casper because of a horrible google-suggested shortcut decision and traffic jam around Lusk that could have easily been solved by a highway patrol officer. It felt like Wyoming just gave up trying to plan for all the traffic and associated chaos.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2017, 10:33 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Quote:
Cool; stunning
Thanks TakeFive!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dirt View Post
Ryan, you're my hero! I was going to go to Wyoming but chickened out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister244 View Post
Agreed. It was incredible. Probably one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen with my own eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablosan View Post
Nice one Ryan. I brought the wrong filter, and my pics were horrible.
As long as you got to experience it, that's what counts. It's a cool picture but the experience is what really takes the cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr1138 View Post
This is definitely true. My friends and I went to Casper and it completely blew away my expectation. Seeing the 95% or more partial eclipse with glasses is definitely cool. But it is nothing like the total eclipse. Only moments before totality, things were dimmer, but it definitely still felt like daylight (albeit, maybe winter solstice daylight). It wasn't until the moment of totality that suddenly it felt like theater lights being dimmed at the start of a show. Then stars, the infamous corona, and twilight on 360 degrees of the horizon. Otherworldly!

It really was mindblowing. It's nothing like a traditional sunset especially since the sun was straight up in the sky. The dimming surrounded you and it just got quiet(well as quiet as a soy bean field can get). I remember looking straight up without anything on my face or eye on the camera when it was at 100% and seeing this little backlit button in the sky. I'm not sure how else to describe it.

Should have gone to KC, it only took us 9.5 hours to get home with good BBQ!

Also, since it was a new moon, we stopped off in Mingo, KS (also in the middle of nowhere) to get another great celestial fill.

Sorry for veering off topic (bad mod!).
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted Aug 22, 2017, 11:22 PM
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS

Ryan, why did you get another diamond ring? Did you get married again?

"Of course you're right." Cirrus

Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 3:04 AM

We went to my parent's place in Corvallis, OR and saw the total eclipse. One of the most amazing and beautiful sights I've ever seen!

Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 4:20 AM

How many knew that 1144 15th Street now has a company name to hang at the top?

Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:
How many knew that 1144 15th Street now has a company name to hang at the top?
So will 1144 now be known as the "Gates Tower"?

I'm all for corporate logos and whatnot, but I fear the Gates logo is too old-fashioned and "historic" in its design to complement the clean, modern glass lines of our new stunning tower. The Gates logo seems more fitting for a small local bakery shop run by a sweet elderly lady everyone lovingly refers to as "Granny".

That being said, a "hologram" logo if the crown had been lit would be absolutely euphoric to see (i.e. the Salesforce Tower in SFO). Sigh...

At least we have the tower. At least we have the tower. Can't win them all with the dark crown an "old-timey" logo ontop, but at least we have the tower...

Old Posted Aug 24, 2017, 8:53 PM

We're Open

Mental Health Center of Denver

https://mhcd.org/sanderson-apartments/
Quote:
Independent Living, Treatment to Transform Lives

The Sanderson Apartment’s 60-unit, one-bedroom, furnished apartments with on-site amenities, allow residents to live independently while getting the treatment they need to better and transform their lives. The apartments will open in 2017.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2017, 11:08 PM

It's been pretty well established this project is underway now, but here's the official press. Unfortunately, no mention of a hotel component.

https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/n...d-in-rino.html

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West