HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Mar 20, 2009, 6:29 PM

FYI - Just received this today from the leasing director for Alta in case anyone is interested in taking a look:

Quote:
The time has come; Alta Phoenix will begin touring, by appointment only, this Saturday! Please let me know when you are available to check out Downtown's newest community. I can't wait to show you around!

See you soon!

Jessica Buratovich | Alta Phoenix Lofts Leasing Director | L.E.A.D.E.R.
600 North Fourth Street l Phoenix AZ 85004
Tel (602) 374-7133 l F (602) 374-7136
jburatovich@mark-taylor.com l Mark-Taylor.com/AltaPhoenix

Old Posted Mar 23, 2009, 9:39 PM

Alta must be open for business, they have sign spinners out on 7th st. today.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2010, 4:50 AM
Skyriser

I have to give this thread a bump...

For real news, it's 85% leased. How good is that for 14 months now?

A friend of mine lives there (a west facing view on the 7th floor) and I have to say this is by far one of the coolest structures downtown and rapidly becoming one of my favorite buildings. Downtown and the areas around it need dozens more like it.

It's odd how a pleasant street interaction and some density can so vastly improve what would otherwise be an average courtyard apartment complex in Phoenix. Perhaps this could be our new template someday.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2010, 5:16 AM
BANNED

Its stupid. I will elaborate when i am sober/onacomputer.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2010, 5:22 AM

My friend is looking into renting there, he liked it the best out of all of the places he checked out. It's nice with the trees and street interaction (as combusean said).

Old Posted Jun 1, 2010, 7:59 AM

Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
It's odd how a pleasant street interaction and some density can so vastly improve what would otherwise be an average courtyard apartment complex in Phoenix. Perhaps this could be our new template someday.
That would be terrific, I'm so sick of the stucco, fenced in, blah apartment complexes (a la "The Met") that litter the Valley floor. It seems like the city could just zone for apartment complexes like that and we'd eventually start seeing them. I hope in the near future there's a city wide Form Based Code.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2010, 3:26 PM
BANNED

Thats great that it is 85% leased. It appears that rentals would be a nice temporary fix to the DT residential component. Hopefully some of those empty lots to the north will attract developers back to the area.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2010, 4:34 PM

As much as I can see improvement, our many many apartment complexes in central phoenix are some of our best density. So if they start getting torn down around town what is the chance they will be replaced with something of equall or greater density? Pretty low I'd say. I don't mind Alta as a whole, although I'm not happy about their empty retail, but I have in mind ASU greatly expanding DT and becoming independant and they are sort of right in the way. Will it ever be the kind of place that melds into part of the campus? Will it ever be cheap enough for the students or quiet/family friendly enough for the professors?

Old Posted Jun 1, 2010, 4:54 PM
BANNED

ok so to touch on what I started last night, I think the place is bullshit. Erika and I toured it a month or so back.

1. Parking situation is a bitch. I'd be ok with a small garage and getting in an elevator to my floor, but this garage is huge and you theoretically could walk halfway across the complex and up or down a few flights of stairs to get to your house.

2. It's a decidedly a gay complex. I've no problems with this as I used to live in one, but there are a lot of people who would have issues with this. Every person we saw while on our tour was gay. This translates into thumping techno by the pool every sunday afternoon, because it's no secret that gays like to party on sundays (I still always wonder why.)

3. The trash pick up thing would be infuriating. You have to leave your trash out every night between 6-9 for pick up, in the common halls. What!? yeah you read that right. So every night when I get home from work, or bring guests over, there will be smelly, leaking trash bags up and down the halls. Summertime when it's 100+ degrees and someone throws out their leftover indian food and raw chicken scraps, it will be intolerable.

4. Bathroom is made out of cultured marble in that traditional apartment "almond" color with nasty 90's fixtures. I understand this is an apartment and cost and wear is a thing to take into account, but for the prices they are charging, I'd expect at least a faux stone or something. It looks slummy.

5. Walls and ceilings are completely unfinished both in and out of the units. If you're one of those people, like me, who wants paint or your place to at least feel somewhat warm (and I like modern urban concrete and shit) you're out of luck.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2010, 7:18 PM
Skyriser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicelord John View Post
ok so to touch on what I started last night, I think the place is bullshit. Erika and I toured it a month or so back.

1. Parking situation is a bitch. I'd be ok with a small garage and getting in an elevator to my floor, but this garage is huge and you theoretically could walk halfway across the complex and up or down a few flights of stairs to get to your house.
I walked there from my place so I couldn't comment.

Quote:
2. It's a decidedly a gay complex. I've no problems with this as I used to live in one, but there are a lot of people who would have issues with this. Every person we saw while on our tour was gay. This translates into thumping techno by the pool every sunday afternoon, because it's no secret that gays like to party on sundays (I still always wonder why.)
It's about 60% gay now according to my friend. When I was there in the courtyard on Saturday all the straight people were hanging around the south BBQ area and the homos were on the north end by the hot tub, with a little mixing going on in the center.

Quote:
3. The trash pick up thing would be infuriating. You have to leave your trash out every night between 6-9 for pick up, in the common halls. What!? yeah you read that right. So every night when I get home from work, or bring guests over, there will be smelly, leaking trash bags up and down the halls. Summertime when it's 100+ degrees and someone throws out their leftover indian food and raw chicken scraps, it will be intolerable.
I didn't see this at all. Everyone uses the trash chutes on each floor.

Quote:
4. Bathroom is made out of cultured marble in that traditional apartment "almond" color with nasty 90's fixtures. I understand this is an apartment and cost and wear is a thing to take into account, but for the prices they are charging, I'd expect at least a faux stone or something. It looks slummy.

5. Walls and ceilings are completely unfinished both in and out of the units. If you're one of those people, like me, who wants paint or your place to at least feel somewhat warm (and I like modern urban concrete and shit) you're out of luck.
Hmm. I was in the halls and was looking at the place as a good example of value engineering--they made cheap look good. We were in a studio with a fair amount of plaster. It didn't look rough or excessively unfinished to me, and the warmth was easily brought in by the views and windows. Personal preference no doubt.

Last edited by combusean; Jun 1, 2010 at 10:55 PM.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2010, 7:03 AM

Why such a high gay percentage? Is the world turning gay?

Old Posted Jun 2, 2010, 7:06 AM

Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxPavilion View Post
There's generally a higher gay population among Urban Pioneers.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2010, 10:48 AM

I've noticed, don't see the connection though.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2010, 2:20 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxPavilion View Post
Hopefully not. It will mean the end of mankind.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2010, 2:54 PM

True John true, but a sparkly and well choreographed end it would be. LOL

Old Posted Jun 2, 2010, 2:57 PM
BANNED

Oh god hahaha

such a fabulous ending. We would have to have lady gaga sing at the end.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2010, 3:05 PM

There isn't enough sequence or taffeta to go around!!!!

Old Posted Jun 2, 2010, 3:23 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooverDam View Post
There's generally a higher gay population among Urban Pioneers.
Makes sense to me why gay neighborhoods are located where they are in cities. Two household incomes, no children, why live in suburbia with the soccer moms, when they could afford inner-city locations with a general mix of ethnicities/lifestyles and outlets that stay open late.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2010, 5:17 PM

Gays love a makeover. Thats why a lot of them are urban pioneers. Give the gays a dilapidated neighborhood and within a few years it will be fabulous.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2010, 7:20 PM

Alta on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/MarkTaylorTV#.../4/9s2GAJ4grIU

Thought I'd bump this thread since Alta's ground-floor retail was getting some attention elsewhere. This Youtube blurb is from the Mark Taylor Alta Phoenix site. Alta looks pretty inviting. Nice workout center and pool area...and free business center.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest