HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Nov 1, 2020, 1:53 AM

A construction fence has been put up around the property across from Riverview mall where they're going to build the 32 unit apartment building. Looks like they intend to start construction now, and not wait for spring.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2020, 3:29 AM

There was a crew working at the Kensington apartments site today. First time I'd seen them there on a Saturday.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2020, 7:30 PM

I drove by a couple of Riverview construction sites this afternoon.

The LePage Property Management apartment on Pine Glen - The foundation is complete and there is now a lot of lumber on site, so framing is about to start. Also the parking lot is done with curbs, and it's fully paved. This is a smaller building with 14 units. Nicely fills in a vacant spot on Pine Glen Road though.

The 32 unit building across from the Riverview mall - The excavation looks to be mostly complete, and they were still doing some digging there today. This one is 32 units four stories.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2020, 8:39 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The tower crane at the Trans Aqua facility on Outhouse Point was taken down this afternoon (after about three years or so).

Old Posted Nov 13, 2020, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
The tower crane at the Trans Aqua facility on Outhouse Point was taken down this afternoon (after about three years or so).
Veritably the GMA's version of "The Big Dig". The causeway removal / replacement will have been completed in much less time.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2020, 1:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkuta View Post
Veritably the GMA's version of "The Big Dig". The causeway removal / replacement will have been completed in much less time.
I'd like to see another drone picture of the site.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2020, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
I'd like to see another drone picture of the site.
This was posted in "Pictures from above" on Facebook in August, but not sure when it was taken.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2020, 2:42 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

A couple of interesting aerial photos of the massive earth moving going on around the (soon to be former) Petitcodiac River causeway.

from Mayor Dawn Arnold's FB page

Old Posted Nov 26, 2020, 8:02 PM

The LePage Property Management apartment on Pine Glen - Framing is well underway. It looks live the first floor is largely complete. It's a smaller building with 14 units, but a nice little infilling property for Pine Glen Road.

The 32 unit building across from the Riverview mall - The excavation work is done, and the footings have been poured. The forms are now in place for the concrete to be poured. This one will be four stories and fills in a vacant lot on Coverdale Rd. There is still a huge amount of vacant land on Coverdale Road that could be developed.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2020, 4:45 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Back in the before times, Cordova Realty had a plan to build a commercial plaza at the SE corner of Gunningsville/Findlay Blvds. There had been a sign up on site for years, and a previous rendering (which is no longer online).

Well Cordova Realty is now Thrive Properties, and plans have changed.

This formerly commercial development is now residential, and will be named Dobson Crossing. No render is available, but here is the initial site plan, showing three apartment buildings. The building heights are unknown, but I'm guessing 4-6 stories. The development is referred to as a "master planned community."

Old Posted Dec 2, 2020, 5:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Back in the before times, Cordova Realty had a plan to build a commercial plaza at the SE corner of Gunningsville/Findlay Blvds. There had been a sign up on site for years, and a previous rendering (which is no longer online).

Well Cordova Realty is now Thrive Properties, and plans have changed.

This formerly commercial development is now residential, and will be named Dobson Crossing. No render is available, but here is the initial site plan, showing three apartment buildings. The building heights are unknown, but I'm guessing 4-6 stories. The development is referred to as a "master planned community."
Given the vacancies in other commercial properties in Riverview, I'd say this is a wise decision by Cordova/Thrive Properties to change their plans to residential. According to their site the buildings will be four stories for a total of 250 units. With the Tides & the Current buildings, that would be a total of 374 units they have planned for Riverview.

They also state on their site that Dobson Crossing has a commencement date of spring 2021. They said a few months ago that the Tides building would be starting construction in late summer. So will they be able to start both these projects in the spring? We'll see what happens.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2020, 3:35 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Some colour for the page:

Moncton T&T photo

Old Posted Dec 3, 2020, 4:07 PM

Riverview has done a pretty good job with this. It's probably the best xmas attraction in all of Zone 1 (Covid Zone map). I can only assume this is a good economic boost for local merchants on Coverdale rd. during this time of year.

* I just noticed the Moncton skyline in the background between the lighthouse and tree. :-)

Old Posted Dec 3, 2020, 7:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackYear View Post

Riverview has done a pretty good job with this. It's probably the best xmas attraction in all of Zone 1 (Covid Zone map). I can only assume this is a good economic boost for local merchants on Coverdale rd. during this time of year.

* I just noticed the Moncton skyline in the background between the lighthouse and tree. :-)
It was packed on Saturday, the Chocolate River Station parking lot was full, and overflow moved onto the other side. I think the new Holy Whale Beer Hall appreciated the extra business, as its been quiet so far during the orange phase with the single household bubble.

Lots stopping in for take away beer and sitting in with their household.

Everyone on the trail had masks and did their best on distancing. I was quite impressed since outdoor masks are a relatively new concept. But it helps with the cold

I think there's actually a nice opportunity to put market vendors along the trail for an event sometime. Lots of space to spread them out. I'm guessing since it was the parade weekend it was extra busy.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 10:34 PM

The 2nd floor is pretty much enclosed now on the LePage Property Management apartment building under construction on Pine Glen Road. 14 unit building in a convenient location. It should easily fill up when it's ready to rent.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2020, 3:52 PM

Inspiration from MonctonRad's previous photo.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2020, 4:30 PM

Riverview’s Bridgedale Boulevard is now open to the public.

“This an important project for the Town of Riverview in an effort to lighten traffic congestion that our community will experience during the planned closure of the causeway in May 2021,” says Riverview Mayor Ann Seamans.

Construction of the 1.6-kilometre roadway linking Runneymeade Road and Gunningsville Boulevard began April 8, 2020. The project includes roundabout connections at both ends of Bridgedale Boulevard.

“Roundabouts offer many benefits over traditional signalized and stop controlled intersections,” says Mayor Seamans. “For example, since there are no stop signs or traffic signals, traffic is able to move slowly around the circle, meaning less delay and less vehicular queueing, more consistent traffic flow.”

In 2019, Riverview Town Council approved phase one of the Bridgedale Boulevard project, which included construction of the boulevard as well as further development of Mill Creek Nature Park and continuing road infrastructure upgrades and renewals.

In December of 2017, the federal and provincial government announced a $62-million dollar restoration project that would involve building a new, steel girder bridge over the Petitcodiac River to replace the existing causeway, while dismantling current gate structures to realign and widen the river channel. Construction will result in a six-month closure period starting in May 2021, affecting more than 27,000 residents travelling to and from work, as well as the local business community. In an attempt to alleviate congestion due to the closure, the Town of Riverview embarked on significant improvements to its second crossing point, otherwise known as the Gunningsville Bridge, including the Bridgedale Boulevard project.

For more information about the project, including information about roundabouts and tips for their use, visit https://www.townofriverview.ca/roads...levard-project

Old Posted Dec 10, 2020, 5:10 PM

Moemar Homes already have a bunch of lots on the Runnymead extension ready for home construction. The apartment building they are constructing on Runnymead is going painfully slow.

Last edited by Sunnybrae; Dec 10, 2020 at 6:35 PM.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2020, 7:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnybrae View Post
Moemar Homes already have a bunch of lots on the Runnymead extension ready for home construction. The apartment building they are constructing on Runnymead is going painfully slow.
I wonder if it's a labour shortage situation? They're also building detached and single family homes, as well as town houses. And these are selling as fast as they can build them. They have a lot of construction going on.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2020, 4:30 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

I drove down Bridgedale this evening for the first time. It's a much longer drive to Runnymeade than I thought. They have done a very nice job with the roadway, but there is not much to see. The only thing I saw of note was a small herd of unusually plump deer on the side of the roadway munching on the verge.

Runnymeade is just a narrow residential street, and is not prepared for the onslaught of traffic next year when the bridge detour is underway. I wonder if they are planning on any improvements before the traffic floodgates open?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces