HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects

Boardwalk at Bricktown - Legends Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Oklahoma City Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Dec 19, 2023, 2:52 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
As an OKC resident I was so scared that it made it onto this forum. This proposal is a joke. Not real at all. Don't waste any brain cells on it.

Now, the three smaller towers are an actual thing and should start next year. That's cool enough in itself. I don't know why they decided to add that behemoth in the renderings.
I wouldn’t worry about it. It’s what we do here. I suspect the tallest is a dream at this point, that raises the profile of the development. So far, it’s working.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2023, 6:49 PM
Registered (Nimby Ab)User

Location: At a computer, wasting my life on a skyscraper website
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakespeare2016 View Post
I wish Devon Energy Center would come here to Wichita and bring a large tower with them that has a Vast Restaurant inside it. Like a restaurant 500 feet high and a maximum height of 600 feet.
Alternatively, we could just move Wichita down to OKC. Maybe put it right in between OKC and Tulsa

I heard the UN is moving its HQ there. The eiffel tower is moving there soon as well. Elon Musk even decided he didnt want to go to mars anymore after visiting.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2023, 8:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister244 View Post
I wouldn't go too hard on OKC - They do have a nice little entertainment district (Bricktown). They have a Native American museum on the river (https://famok.org/).

I've seen worse.... And they have made efforts over the last 20 years to try to beef up their downtown scene.
OKC aspires to be more, and I think that's a great thing. They built out a brand new streetcar service downtown that opened in 2018. Bricktown is a fun neighborhood. The city boosters successfully lured an NBA team there. I don't see why we should rag on a city because one crazy developer floats an unrealistic proposal. And if he does build it, that's all the better. More cities should have crazy ideas.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2023, 8:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbermingham123 View Post
Alternatively, we could just move Wichita down to OKC. Maybe put it right in between OKC and Tulsa
I wouldn't object to if it were possible. I do like our tallest building the Epic Center which is nearly 400 feet tall to the tip of the iconic sloped roof. It is a fairly huge building but there unfortunately is no observation area inside the building. I would go to the roof it were possible. Maybe I should just bring the Epic Center with me since so many idiots who work for the city can't even get the actual height correct. The building is equivalent to about the 32nd or 33rd floor on one of the original Twin Towers so not too shabby.

Last edited by Shakespeare2016; Dec 19, 2023 at 9:10 PM.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2023, 9:13 PM

OKC is the last place in America I would expect a building of this height being built. New York or Chicago, yes. Houston? Yeah. Hell I could even see it happening in Los Angeles but Oklahoma City?!

Old Posted Dec 19, 2023, 9:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuildThemTaller View Post
OKC aspires to be more, and I think that's a great thing. They built out a brand new streetcar service downtown that opened in 2018. Bricktown is a fun neighborhood. The city boosters successfully lured an NBA team there. I don't see why we should rag on a city because one crazy developer floats an unrealistic proposal. And if he does build it, that's all the better. More cities should have crazy ideas.

I agree with you. I like tall buildings a lot but once you get to like 60 to 90 stories or around 750 to 1,150 feet them things are gigantic. I hadn't been in downtown Wichita in quite a while and even our tallest building which is almost 400 feet tall seemed quite huge to me.

Last edited by Shakespeare2016; Dec 19, 2023 at 9:45 PM.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2023, 9:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmy2 View Post
OKC is the last place in America I would expect a building of this height being built. New York or Chicago, yes. Houston? Yeah. Hell I could even see it happening in Los Angeles but Oklahoma City?!
And I wouldn't expect a residential tower taller than One World Trade being built in a random beach town in Brazil, stranger things have happened.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2023, 9:56 PM

I thought I should say I have been to Devon Tower on several occasions and went to the 49th floor which Is 726 feet high. The Vast restaurant is expensive but the food, drinks and view are so worth it. The people who work there are very friendly and I was one of a few people who was given a book that cost $90.00 for free the first time I went in 2020. Last time I went was last year and one of the guys took us to the 50th floor which is almost 750 feet high. That is a really nice building and it is gigantic IMO.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2023, 11:28 PM
Registered (Nimby Ab)User

Location: At a computer, wasting my life on a skyscraper website
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakespeare2016 View Post
I thought I should say I have been to Devon Tower on several occasions and went to the 49th floor which Is 726 feet high. The Vast restaurant is expensive but the food, drinks and view are so worth it. The people who work there are very friendly and I was one of a few people who was given a book that cost $90.00 for free the first time I went in 2020. Last time I went was last year and one of the guys took us to the 50th floor which is almost 750 feet high. That is a really nice building and it is gigantic IMO.
ah yes, a fantastic view of... oklahoma

I heard the UN is moving its HQ there. The eiffel tower is moving there soon as well. Elon Musk even decided he didnt want to go to mars anymore after visiting.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 1:27 AM

This project is getting crazy attention. I posted a rendering and the link to the Oklahoman article about it on my X feed and got a million views in 24 hours.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 1:40 AM
New Yorker for life

^ People might not want to admit it, but skyscrapers do attract attention, especially when it's somewhere where there is nothing nearly as tall. Although I know developers have to be more realistic, I do enjoy it when they shoot for the stars. I want to see more supertall proposals in the US.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 2:00 AM

The tallest tower is a PR stunt more than an actual proposal.

1) The developer does not have an official website or any website that shows his previous work.
2) Even if the first phases get off the ground, there’s not demand for this scale. Who’s going to pay skyrocket high rent prices to live in a supertall in Oklahoma City?

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 2:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbannizer View Post

1) The developer does not have an official website or any website that shows his previous work.
2) Even if the first phases get off the ground, there’s not demand for this scale. Who’s going to pay skyrocket high rent prices to live in a supertall in Oklahoma City?
Agreed. Reminds me of the original Wilson supertall proposal in Austin...And in both cases, the developer got the attention they apparently wanted.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 2:43 AM

Quote:
ah yes, a fantastic view of... oklahoma
I’ve seen much worse in the U.S.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 2:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbannizer View Post

Confidence is high in Phase I. Solid developer and $200 million in TIF funds.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 3:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister244 View Post
I wouldn't go too hard on OKC - They do have a nice little entertainment district (Bricktown). They have a Native American museum on the river (https://famok.org/).

I've seen worse.... And they have made efforts over the last 20 years to try to beef up their downtown scene.
Fun fact, that Native American museum now has a water resort under construction.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 3:44 AM

Quote:

That would be some pretty hellish traffic. The Oklahoma City metro has around 1,600,000 people, Tulsa metro has around 1,050,000, and the Wichita metro has around 750,000. So 3,400,000 or 3.4 million is a lot of people. I used to live in the KCMO metropolitan which has over 2,500,000 or 2.5 million and driving there could be a nightmare. About 2 and a half years ago me and my mom went to Chicago and I was driving and it started downpouring and about had a panic attack. My mom has gotten brave with age. Stuff she never would have done at my age. We did the Tilt in the Hancock Tower 1,030 feet up and we stood on the skyledge observation deck in Willis Tower(AKA Sears Tower) 1,353 feet up and there was one area up there was 1,367 feet from the sidewalk to the ledge of the 103rd floor where the Skydeck is. I laid down on the floor of the Skydeck and thought I was going to freeze to the floor. They have more buildings in Chicago then I would ever know what to do with. My mom was 72 and I was 40 when we both went.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 3:52 AM

I have a petition I would like to share and if you don't mind could you please sign it. It has been active for a year and a half. It is to bring something like the Gateway Arch, the Space Needle, or the Washington Monument to Wichita. Wichita does need something large like that to bring people downtown. Wichita needs help in that aspect.as there are no high places here with an observation area. Something around 500 to 600 feet tall would be nice. If OKC can get a building over 1,000 feet tall then I think Wichita can get either a building or some kind of icon 500 to 600 feet tall. Thank you very much. https://www.change.org/p/the-wichita...rofile_started

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 3:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
This project is getting crazy attention. I posted a rendering and the link to the Oklahoman article about it on my X feed and got a million views in 24 hours.
Do you think an icon around around 500 or 600 feet tall like a building or icon such as like the Seattle Space Needle would help Wichita. Like I said I have a petition and you can sign if you like and it costs no money to sign and there is no need to donate anything because I am not worried about this at this time. I think this isn't just an opportunity to help OKC. but also Wichita as well. It seems like we get the crap end of the deal when it comes to being a pretty decent sized metro that always gets left out. Thank you my friends.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 4:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
If you wouldn't mind sir could you please post my petition on there.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects