HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Nov 3, 2009, 10:22 PM

The city of Monaca, Ohio

Monaca, Ohio is a new city I have been working on for quite some time. I thought now would be the best time to show some of my work. Although the city is much bigger than shown, I only want to show everyone 90%+ completed areas.

Please, any and all criticism is highly appreciated! I think you people on here are so awesome at what you design and can sketch, it's amazing!

I will try to update every 1 - 2 weeks. I am currently in college for civil engineering which really limits my time on here and it seems like the rest of my time goes into my fraternity (FIJI) and friends.

The downtown of the city is over a mile long, located along the shores of the Ohio river in the southeastern part of the state. Only a mountain is on the other side of the river currently and I think I intend on keeping it that way.

More details to follow!

This view is looking down United (street), which splits to the right down Freedom Lane. The tall glass building is 110 Liberty East (banking building). Its height is 830' and is the tallest building in the city. (I intend on keeping it that way).

This view is from the waterfront walk (historic) with a water fountain at the intersection. To the left is the fish market and warehouse with a few historic buildings across the street. 110 Liberty East can be seen to the right.

This view shows Fairfield inn & suites in the foreground on the left. You can see Brew City Bakery (WHQ) in the background. The city is renowned for its rich history for brewing beer although there is not too much of that left. (to be seen in future pictures) The black building is a government building (not finished).

This is Monaca Tech (official name: Monaca Engineering & Technology University). You can see the pedestrian bridge in the foreground and the mountain on the other side of the river in the background.

This is the baseball field. Cisco Field is the crown jewel of this area and began the revitalization of the area in the early 90's. It completely changed the look and feel of the east side around the train tracks and warehouses. It also prompted lofts to be converted.

More to come!
Please, any suggestions or comments are appreciated!

Last edited by guyFROMtheBURGH; Nov 4, 2009 at 12:09 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup