HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Apr 17, 2024, 1:19 PM
I have no Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUIR@random View Post
Most locations are not mall locations, I never said never, I said they are not really a mall tenant. Their business model is not one that is usually attracted to a mall setting, look it up. I've been to more Five Guys locations than I can count or recall and none were in malls.

IF they come to Moncton they are heading to Trinity or Granite.
I would also say you are incorrect. This would make yet another restaurant available from the outside in the same row. Pur-simple, Thai Zone, I see them coming here as a VERY strong possibility!

Old Posted Apr 17, 2024, 3:08 PM

Five Guys in St. John's is in the Avalon Mall...

Old Posted Apr 17, 2024, 3:29 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The former Nygard space at Wheeler Park is now in full renovation mode to allow for the imminent relocation of Ardene from down-plaza.

Once Ardene moves, then renovations can begin for Laura and Melanie Lyne

Old Posted Apr 19, 2024, 6:58 PM

Announcement:

ACP Awesome Announcement … 100 Cabela’s Court in Moncton is now FULLY LEASED!”

Stay tuned for details on what national business will be operating out of this “one of a kind” property.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2024, 7:01 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Old Posted Apr 19, 2024, 7:08 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I wonder if it means anything that ACP refers to the lessee as a "national business" rather than a "national retailer???"

Old Posted Apr 19, 2024, 8:38 PM

Interestingly 100 Cabela Court is listed on their website under "warehouse properties - for lease". Wonder if that has any meaning as to the type of new tenant it might be?

Old Posted Apr 20, 2024, 3:19 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyAm00394 View Post
Interestingly 100 Cabela Court is listed on their website under "warehouse properties - for lease". Wonder if that has any meaning as to the type of new tenant it might be?
A contact of mine raised the possibility of a Peavey Mart. This would make a lot of sense. They have one Maritime location now in Bedford NS.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2024, 9:24 PM

Someone commented over on Retail Talk & Share FB group that it's a retail chain that only has 2 NB locations, and 100 Cabela Court will be the 3rd NB location. I'm trying to think of what retail chain that only has 2 NB locations currently and would take up a large 52,000sf building?

Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 10:49 PM

Seems like Infinity Vape is opening a location in the new plaza on Granite Drive.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 11:01 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Disgusting. Can’t they do anything better than that?

Old Posted Apr 23, 2024, 12:12 AM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

Disgusting. Can’t they do anything better than that?

I don't vape or smoke. Never have and never will. Be it's a respectable local business opening another location. There is clearly a need for it in the area. I live in Saint Antoine and we even have a vape shop with such a small population. I imagine they'll do quite well there. That being said I hope the rest of the tenants are on the higher end of things

Old Posted Apr 23, 2024, 1:12 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewber View Post
I don't vape or smoke. Never have and never will. Be it's a respectable local business opening another location. There is clearly a need for it in the area. I live in Saint Antoine and we even have a vape shop with such a small population. I imagine they'll do quite well there. That being said I hope the rest of the tenants are on the higher end of things
My concern is that the Granite Centre has not lived up to expectations, and, things are getting worse, with tenants like cannabis and vape shops and a Jiffy Lube. If this keeps up, then respectable tenants won't want to go there.

The Granite Centre had better decide soon what type of retail plaza they want to be. Do they want to be high end like the Mapleton Centre or not???

Old Posted Apr 23, 2024, 2:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
My concern is that the Granite Centre has not lived up to expectations, and, things are getting worse, with tenants like cannabis and vape shops and a Jiffy Lube. If this keeps up, then respectable tenants won't want to go there.

The Granite Centre had better decide soon what type of retail plaza they want to be. Do they want to be high end like the Mapleton Centre or not???
The problem with that area as I see it is there is not much room for large scale tenants. It’s also disconnected from the main retail area of the city. Due to these restraints, it will always be an uphill battle for the developers. The idea that they could be Moncton’s version of the Dartmouth Crossing was always laughable to me. There just isn’t the space in the area and demand in the city for that amount of retail to be added to the city.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2024, 2:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
The problem with that area as I see it is there is not much room for large scale tenants. It’s also disconnected from the main retail area of the city. Due to these restraints, it will always be an uphill battle for the developers. The idea that they could be Moncton’s version of the Dartmouth Crossing was always laughable to me. There just isn’t the space in the area and demand in the city for that amount of retail to be added to the city.
Not from Moncton but it does seem a sort of out of the way location. To my mind the Big Box/Strip Mall centre of Moncton would appear to be the Mapleton Rd and Wheeler Blvd area.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2024, 3:02 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor734 View Post
Not from Moncton but it does seem a sort of out of the way location. To my mind the Big Box/Strip Mall centre of Moncton would appear to be the Mapleton Rd and Wheeler Blvd area.
Agreed. josh makes valid points. The only reason to go to the Granite Centre is Costco. If the Granite Centre is to thrive, they really need to come up with at least another couple of destination retailers.

I'm sure the Trail Shop/Take it Outside must be questioning their decision to locate there.

I'm not saying the Granite Centre is a complete lost cause. They just really need to step up their game and land a few high quality retailers to make this development a real destination.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2024, 5:50 PM

As someone who doesnt have a costco membership the granite centre essentially doesnt exist in my mind as a place to go shopping. I legitimately forget its in the city until I see an update on this forum. So yeah i'd agree they need a couple other high quality tenants to raise it above being a replacement level shopping area.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2024, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
As someone who doesnt have a costco membership the granite centre essentially doesnt exist in my mind as a place to go shopping. I legitimately forget its in the city until I see an update on this forum. So yeah i'd agree they need a couple other high quality tenants to raise it above being a replacement level shopping area.
Until I read this thread I thought the Moncton Costco was still in the Mapleton/Wheeler Blvd area.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2024, 1:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor734 View Post
Until I read this thread I thought the Moncton Costco was still in the Mapleton/Wheeler Blvd area.
It should still be over there. Moncton had all the cards to reject this development, but alas they didn’t and now it’s essentially isolated from the rest of the retail in the city. I guess it all comes down to the mighty dollar though.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2024, 5:57 AM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
It should still be over there. Moncton had all the cards to reject this development, but alas they didn’t and now it’s essentially isolated from the rest of the retail in the city. I guess it all comes down to the mighty dollar though.
I mean maybe in the same general area but the parking for Costco was terrible. I guess had they known Kent was building a new location maybe they could have used that area to expand the parking lot but we needed a gas bar and bigger area for parking. They had to build new

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces