HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Nov 21, 2007, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudvayneimn View Post
Construction hasn't been halted or anything lol. Somebody just wanted to make a catchy article that would grab reader's attention, without even thinking about how ridiculous the story actually is. The spire will not shrink, even if there's no antenna in it. The only way the spire will shrink is if the roof was raised higher...which won't be happening either.
Whew! Thanks for setting that straight!

Old Posted Nov 22, 2007, 1:42 AM

whats going up in the back here?

Old Posted Nov 22, 2007, 1:50 AM
Posh

Old Posted Nov 22, 2007, 2:52 PM
BANNED

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporvr6 View Post

whats going up in the back here?

I've noticed that the core walls surrounding the left crane has begun to rise.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2007, 3:10 PM

I was just curious is there any photo record showing the repairs to the surrounding buildings that took place? It is amazing to me how much work must have been done to get these buildings back in shape. The damage I am guessing extended for blocks around the WTC site.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2007, 12:04 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by testdrive View Post
I was just curious is there any photo record showing the repairs to the surrounding buildings that took place? It is amazing to me how much work must have been done to get these buildings back in shape. The damage I am guessing extended for blocks around the WTC site.
I've seen photos around. Actually have a few myself of the buildings before repairs. Most impressive to me was the World Financial Center. People have already forgotten how damaged it was, and the fact that the wintergarden had to be completely rebuilt.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2007, 10:56 PM
New Yorker for life

wrong thread

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2007, 10:19 AM
BANNED

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-TOWERS View Post
Another Thing , The Reason Why It Is Taken A Long Time Because,the Path Tracks Involved, No Other Building In The World Had The Internal Grid Of Subway Tracks And Train Tracks ...(path}, Like The W.t.c. Had , And Now The New W.t.c....notice I Just Cant Say Freedom Tower....# 1 World Trade, This Is A GOING To Take A While , But After The Hard Part Down Below ,it Will go Fast

Actually, a 2nd tower is planned like that. I think it has been approved already.

It's the South Station Tower in Boston, which will have access to South Station, the Red Line and the Silver Line running under it with connections to all, plus all of the major bus lines like Greyhound, Peter Pan, etc which use their own mega terminal..

Last edited by Daquan13; Nov 25, 2007 at 4:47 PM.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2007, 7:11 PM

What's going on?

Old Posted Nov 24, 2007, 7:28 PM
World Machine

They may not need that crane right now. It could be in the way of something. I was just over there yesterday, and the crane was up. They must of took it down late yesterday afternoon, or lastnight.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2007, 7:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac150 View Post
They may not need that crane right now. It could be in the way of something. I was just over there yesterday, and the crane was up. They must of took it down late yesterday afternoon, or lastnight.
Seems like they did it today between 3 and 4 PM...
Was there supposed to be 4 cranes? Maybe they are just moving those 2 and adding two more?

Old Posted Nov 24, 2007, 7:53 PM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
Seems like they did it today between 3 and 4 PM...
Was there supposed to be 4 cranes? Maybe they are just moving those 2 and adding two more?
I'm not sure. I haven't made may away down there today, nor will I for the next week being that I'm in Connecticut.

More on topic, my guess is that they just need room for that other crane to work on something, and they'll eventually put the other one back together. I haven't heard anything about more tower cranes being erected (anytime soon), so will just have to wait and see what happens.

Anyone else know or have an idea?

Old Posted Nov 24, 2007, 9:44 PM
BANNED

My guess is that it might be moved over a little to allow construction of the core to continue in the spot where it now stands.

I once thought that those cranes would be placed on the outside of the core within the steel frame as was used for the Comcast Center.

Maybe THAT'S what they're doing. We shall see in the coming weeks ahead. Time will tell.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2007, 3:20 AM

Nah... they replaced 2 sections of the boom before it got dark. Expect it to be back up tomorrow. Stress fractures from lifting all those columns the other week?

Old Posted Nov 25, 2007, 4:46 AM
BANNED

Seems strange that a crane like that isn't able to tolerate stress like that.

But it's good that they caught it in time before disaster struck!! Good thinking!

Old Posted Nov 25, 2007, 1:06 PM
New Yorker for life

The wisdom of Tal B....
http://www.nypost.com/seven/11252007...ower_16201.htm

TOWER POWER

November 25, 2007 -- I am not surprised that Deutsche Bank caught on fire again recently ("Downtown Dithering," Nov. 18).

As usual, the LMDC was cutting corners just so that it could meet a deadline.

Of course, it won't just be the demolition of the Deutsche Bank that will delay the official plans. The Freedom Tower still has no tenants, and the costs have increased within the last year.

Once Gov. Spitzer sees all these problems with the official plan, he should go back to having the Twin Towers rebuilt, an economically cheaper solution.

Tal Barzilai, Pleasantville

Old Posted Nov 25, 2007, 2:36 PM
Frigidus Maximus

Good Lord! At first I thought that NYguy was doing a very funny caricature of TalB... and then I realized that was a real letter from Tal!

Yes, TalB, I'm sure that everyone will now scrap all the design and construction work that's been done to date, just to recreate a 1950's design over the horizon of lower Manhattan!

I ❤️ NY

Old Posted Nov 25, 2007, 5:06 PM
BANNED

That little boy is nuts, starkraving mad, and out of his mind if he thinks that'll happen!! I'm so sick and tired of seeing this controversial crap from him. I don't doubt though, that the LMDC might be cutting corners to get the DBB removed faster.

But no doubt, he (TalB) probably already posted this foolishness over at SSC. I call him a little boy because all he does is whine, complain and throw temper tantrums about the formers not coming back when he knows perfectly well why they're not.

He happily and rapidly re-opened an advocacy thread on that and wants no one to hijack it with stuff about the Freedom Tower - yet he's still going around hijacking the Freedom Tower threads with stuff about wanting the formers back! Go figure. Good job, NYguy!! I DID at first, miss the top part of that article where it says; "The Wisdom of TalB." Haha!!

Yeah CoolCzech, I also thought that! I was about to say that NYguy is having 2nd thoughts.

And BTW, who's palm did TalB grease to help him get that ridiculous article in the New York Post? Just goes to show the trouble and humiliation that he'll go through to get his name in the papers! Hahahahaha!! And in what lifetime does he expect this to happen?

Last edited by Daquan13; Nov 25, 2007 at 6:20 PM.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2007, 5:23 PM
BANNED

Red face

that freedom tower construction is disappointing as ever, it never gets built... this crane seems delaying what deserve an ethernity to be real.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2007, 6:10 PM
BANNED

What are you talking about, it's disappointing and never gets built?

That is just a routine precautionary measure to make sure that there are no
bigger problems later.

You're just being so inpatient.

Last edited by Daquan13; Nov 25, 2007 at 6:21 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive